Page 152 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 521021421481491501511521531541551561622022526521152 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 20773

Wow I really must of been one of if not the first orders. About 15-20 minutes after I made my order my book has all ready been "picked and scanned". Fastest service ever from them for me, hopefully it'll be shipped today!

Spectacular Member dark phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    I just ordered the new X-Men omni from 1st. I had to go with the classic Paul Smith cover. I remember when that comic first came out. And it's the same price as the regular cover. $62.50 with free shipping. Hard to beat that. I had debated not getting this at first since I have most the contents in other places (MMW and the Adamantium collection) but having them all in one place and with the oversized art won me over.
    I went for the Opena cover. If they had used UXM 175 as the cover I would have gone Smith but Opena can sure draw a Brood!
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!"

Had my lovely wife order the DM variant while I was in surgery. No way could I pass up on the classic cover

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    That new jacket art is nice, but I prefer the original Smith cover too. Ordered mine at eight minutes past the hour and snagged the variant for $60, thanks to the rolling +2% discount from last week's order.

CGN used to get the bulk of my business, but gouging us an extra $12.50 right out of the gate for the variant is rather appalling. I shifted my buying to IST about a year ago when this became CGN's standard practice.

I used to use CGN pretty regularly. It was hard to beat 50% off books and $4 shipping when you could order 3 months in advance. But since I've found 1st I've used them almost exclusively. I just don't order enough books to offset the $8 shipping that CGN now charges. And on an omnibus note... I'm ready for Uncanny X-Men omni vol 4. I'll be interested to see what's in that.

Mighty Member

Marvels pricing is all over the place. Deadpool minibus v2 has more pages but is cheaper than the reprint of v1? Mokf only has like 650 pages and is $50 more than doc strange??
    Last edited by awayne83; 02-16-2016 at 03:45 PM.

Spectacular Member

Did Marvel lower the price on the Dr. Strange omni from $100 to $75, or am I just confusing that with the overpriced MoKF omnis?

Edit: Speaking of MoKF, omni 2 is 664 pgs. for $125!!! Can we all just agree right now not to buy that?
    Last edited by invisiblegardener; 02-16-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Edit: Speaking of MoKF, omni 2 is 664 pgs. for $125!!! Can we all just agree right now not to buy that?
    Good luck with that. That omni is going to be worth three times as much in a year's time.

Page count is only one (small) factor in pricing decision. When you're talking about MoKF you've got hundreds of pages of material that has never been restored, lots of work has to go into getting it to Cory-level omnibus shape, and then you have all the years of costs of wrangling the license in order to reprint it and whatever may have to be paid out on top of that.

What is the Bendis Crime omnibus?

Fantastic Member

A little late, but still - the HCs from the May solicitations:

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS: CRIME NOIR OMNIBUS HC
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & MARC ANDREYKO
    Penciled by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Cover by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    A compendium of classic, character-driven drama written and drawn by the king of crime, Brian Michael Bendis! What brings David Goldfish, an enigmatic grifter with a heart of gold, back to his old haunts -- where his old flame practically runs the city's underbelly, and his ex-partner-in-crime is now a police detective? Who is the bounty hunter Jinx Alameda, and what treasure is she hunting? How will she get drawn into Eliot Ness's real-life pursuit of one of America's most notorious serial killers? Plus: Bendis draws from real life in a compelling exploration of the complex world of international intelligence! For fans of powerful, modern takes on pulp fiction and true-world crime stories, it doesn't come any better than Bendis! Collecting AKA GOLDFISH: ACE, JACK, QUEEN, KING and JOKER; JINX #1-5; FIRE #1-2; and JINX: TORSO #1-6.
    1152 PGS./Mature ...$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90159-2
    Trim size: oversized

DEADPOOL MINIBUS 2 HC
    Written by DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI, GERRY DUGGAN, PETER DAVID & CULLEN BUNN
    Penciled by PEPE LARRAZ, MATTEO LOLLI, JACOPO CAMAGNI, SCOTT KOBLISH & NIK VIRELLA
    Cover by SHANE DAVIS
    Back up the minibus, it's time for a second trip into the crazy world of the Deadpool limited series, where anything can happen -- and probably will! Everything you knew about Deadpool and Cable was wrong -- find out why in a time-hopping showdown with the original X-Force! When Wade crosses paths with the avenging archer Hawkeye, it's merc against marksman! Sun Tzu? Sun who?! DEADPOOL'S ART OF WAR is the only masterwork of military strategy Loki needs to conquer Earth! What's worse than a plague of the walking dead? A plague of walking Deadpools! And three decades after SECRET WARS, discover how Deadpool waged the most secretive warfare of all on the original Battleworld! Collecting DEADPOOL VS. X-FORCE #1-4, HAWKEYE VS. DEADPOOL #0-4, DEADPOOL'S ART OF WAR #1-4, RETURN OF THE LIVING DEADPOOL #1-4 and DEADPOOL'S SECRET SECRET WARS #1-4.
    512 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$59.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90197-4

DOCTOR STRANGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by STAN LEE & STEVE DITKO with ROY THOMAS & DENNIS O'NEIL
    Penciled by STEVE DITKO
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Direct Market Cover by STEVE DITKO
    Vain, greedy and prideful, Dr. Stephen Strange was a world-renowned surgeon until a car accident crippled his hands. Broken and destitute, he journeyed to Tibet in search of a legendary healer. He found not a man of medicine, but the venerable Ancient One -- and the path to the mystic arts! From Doctor Strange's eerie house on a Greenwich Village corner, Stan Lee and Steve Ditko unleashed new dimensions and otherworldly terrors -- stories that remain as influential today as they were on 1960s counter-culture. Now, Marvel is proud to offer this Omnibus collection of the complete Lee/Ditko Doctor Strange run! In one beautifully restored hardcover volume, experience the iconic first appearances of Baron Mordo, Eternity, Dormammu and the Mindless Ones, as well as Wong and the lovely Clea! Collecting material from STRANGE TALES (1951) #110-111 and #114-146, and AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #2.
    456 PGS./All Ages ...$75.00
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9924-3
    DOCTOR STRANGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC VARIANT (DM ONLY)
    456 PGS./All Ages ...$75.00
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9925-0

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 HC
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Penciled by ED MCGUINNESS, VALERIO SCHITI, DAVID LOPEZ & FRANK CHO
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    The Guardians continue their cosmic odyssey in a volume filled with revelations and recriminations! Discover how Star-Lord, Drax and Thanos really escaped the Cancerverse -- and learn the true fate of former Nova, Richard Rider! After Venom leads the team to an entire world teeming with alien symbiotes, will they ever trust Flash Thompson again? Then, the Guardians and the X-Men are caught in the pull of the Black Vortex! With the Slaughter Squad hot on their tails, the two groups have to find somewhere to stash their precious cargo...but will the temptation of the Vortex's unknown power be too much for this band of misfits? Rocket leaps into action! Gamora is more deadly than ever! Ronan is deposed! And Peter Quill meets his destiny -- but does he want it? Collecting GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2013) #18-27 and ANNUAL #1.
    264 PGS./Rated T+ ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90008-3

SHANG-CHI: MASTER OF KUNG FU OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC - CASSADAY COVER
    Written by DOUG MOENCH, PAUL GULACY,
    ARCHIE GOODWIN & SCOTT EDELMAN
    Penciled by PAUL GULACY, SAL BUSCEMA,
    JIM CRAIG, KEITH POLLARD, MIKE ZECK,
    PAT BRODERICK & KEITH POLLARD
    Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
    Direct Market Cover by PAUL GULACY
    Continuing the complete collection of one of comics' most sought-after classic series! It's martial-arts madness in the Mighty Marvel Manner, as Shang-Chi -- a secret agent for British intelligence -- pits his deadly hands against the claws of the Cat! The Master of Kung-Fu wrestles with the unstoppable Sumo, has his world rocked by Shockwave, and goes into aerial combat with the Red Baron! You'll feel for him when he faces the demon warrior Shaka Kharn, but what good will furious fists and flying feet be against...Doctor Doom?! Plus: In the ultimate martial-arts team-up, Shang-Chi will fight alongside Iron Fist. But his fiercest battle will come against his most bitter foe: his own father! Collecting MASTER OF KUNG FU (1974) #38-70 and ANNUAL #1.
    664 PGS./Rated T+ ...$125
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90130-1
    SHANG-CHI: MASTER OF KUNG FU OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC GULACY COVER (DM ONLY)
    664 PGS./Rated T+ ...$125
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90174-5

STAR WARS VOL. 1 HC - CASSADAY COVER
    Written by JASON AARON
    Penciled by JOHN CASSADAY, SIMONE BIANCHI & STUART IMMONEN
    COVERS BY JOHN CASSADAY & STUART IMMONEN
    The greatest space saga of all returns to Marvel! The ragtag Rebel Alliance has just destroyed the massive Death Star -- but the Galactic Empire is not toppled yet! Join Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, C-3PO and R2-D2 as they continue the fight for freedom against Darth Vader and his evil master, the Emperor! But when a rebel assault goes wrong, Luke comes face-to-face with the Dark Lord himself! The young Jedi's quest to learn more about the ancient order will lead to an uncanny encounter with Boba Fett and land him in the middle of the Arena of Death. Meanwhile, Han and Leia face a mysterious woman from the charming smuggler's past -- one with a very personal grudge! Plus: Discover a secret chapter of Obi-Wan Kenobi's story! Collecting STAR WARS (2015) #1-12.
    288 PGS./Rated T ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90098-4
    STAR WARS VOL. 1 HC - IMMONEN COVER (DM ONLY)
    288 PGS./Rated T ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90198-1

STAR WARS: DARTH VADER VOL. 1 HC - GRANOV COVER
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Penciled by SALVADOR LARROCA
    Covers by ADI GRANOV & ALEX ROSS
    One of the greatest antagonists in all of fiction stars in his first volume of villainy! Fresh from a stinging defeat at the hands of the Rebel Alliance, Darth Vader must rise again to reassert the Empire's iron grip on the galaxy. But will his personal desire for vengeance against the young Jedi who destroyed the Death Star distract from Vader's duty to the Emperor? As a fateful quest begins, the Dark Lord of the Sith will face a fresh threat to his power. And as other villains old and new play their parts -- from Boba Fett and Jabba the Hutt to diabolical debutant Aphra, as well as the killer droids Triple Zero and BeeTee -- how long until Vader's dangerous alliances blow up in his face? Join Darth Vader and feel the power of the dark side! Collecting DARTH VADER #1-12.
    296 PGS./Rated T ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90195-0
    STAR WARS: DARTH VADER VOL. 1 HC - ROSS COVER (DM ONLY)
    296 PGS./Rated T ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90209-4

THOR BY JASON AARON & RUSSELL DAUTERMAN VOL. 1 HC
    Written by JASON AARON, CM PUNK & NOELLE STEVENSON
    Penciled by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN, JORGE MOLINA, ROB GUILLORY & MARGUERITE SAUVAGE
    Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    The God of Thunder is unworthy. Mjolnir lies abandoned. But when Frost Giants invade Earth, a new hand will grasp its handle -- and a mysterious woman will take up the mantle of the Mighty Thor! Who is this new Goddess of Thunder? That's exactly what the Odinson wants to know -- so brace yourself for Thor vs. Thor! All-Father Odin isn't happy, either, and he'll call on some very dangerous, very unexpected allies in a bid to reclaim the enchanted hammer. Meanwhile, Malekith the Dark Elf forges his most dangerous pact yet! But as the new Thor faces the unstoppable machine of death and destruction that is the Destroyer, she will prove herself a worthy successor to the heroic mantle! It's a bold new chapter in the storied history of Asgard and Thor! Collecting THOR (2014) #1-8 and ANNUAL #1.
    232 PGS./Rated T+ ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90067-0

Orion is right. Kung Fu is kind of a miracle. I wouldn't really expect it to be priced cheap. But it's also not a jump in blind purchase. It's something people should be aware of before buying. It's also not evergreen material, so this could possibly the only instance of it in OHC, at least for a very very long time.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Fantastic Member

Some reprints:

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC (NEW PRINTING)
    Written by STAN LEE
    Penciled by JOHN ROMITA SR.
    with DON HECK, LARRY LIEBER, JIM MOONEY & MARIE SEVERIN
    Cover by JOHN ROMITA SR.
    The Stan Lee/John Romita era starts here! Lee and Romita transformed the web-slinger into Marvel's top title with stories that raised your spirits, tore at your heartstrings and kept you on the edge of your seat. From the revelation of the Green Goblin's secret identity to the unforgettable entrance of Mary Jane Watson, these classics define Spidey to this day -- with star-studded debuts including the Kingpin, the Rhino and Captain Stacy; Spidey's disastrous first tryout with the Avengers; the iconic "Spider-Man No More!" issue; the true story of Peter Parker's parents; and an epic battle against the Green Goblin! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #39-67 and ANNUAL #3-5, and SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1968) #1-2.
    992 PGS./All Ages ...$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90180-6

DEADPOOL MINIBUS HC (NEW PRINTING)
    Written by CULLEN BUNN
    Penciled by DALIBOR TALAJIC, MATTEO LOLLI, SALVA ESPIN
    & RAMON ROSANAS
    Cover by MICHAEL DEL MUNDO
    Deadpool's wildest adventures, collected in one blood-soaked volume! What if Deadpool decided to kill everyone and everything that makes up the Marvel Universe? What if he followed that up by slaughtering the most famous fictional characters in classic literature? And what if he finally took aim at the ultimate target: himself? You'd have the fan-favorite "Deadpool Killogy," that's what! But when Deadpool battles Deadpool, will he win or perish? Yes! Then: Deadpool wakes up from a food coma to find...the zombie apocalypse has occurred! Can the Merc with a Mouth avoid becoming the Merc in their Mouths?! And when Deadpool takes on Carnage, good-crazy battles bad-crazy, blood will flow -- and Deadpool will literally go to pieces! Collecting DEADPOOL KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #1-4, DEADPOOL KILLUSTRATED #1-4, DEADPOOL KILLS DEADPOOL #1-4, NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEADPOOL #1-4 and DEADPOOL VS. CARNAGE #1-4.
    480 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90192-9

NEW X-MEN OMNIBUS HC (NEW PRINTING)
    Written by GRANT MORRISON
    Penciled by FRANK QUITELY, ETHAN VAN SCIVER, LEINIL FRANCIS YU, IGOR KORDEY, JOHN PAUL LEON, PHIL JIMENEZ, KERON GRANT, CHRIS BACHALO & MARC SILVESTRI
    Cover by FRANK QUITELY
    Grant Morrison's wildly innovative X-Men saga returns! The X-Men, re-imagined with a new look and a new mission, must face weird new threats including evil twins, organ harvesters, sentient bacteria, rebellious mutant youth, power-enhancing street drugs and living weapons! Joined by wicked telepath Emma Frost and mysterious powerhouse Xorn, the X-Men go public -- expanding Xavier's school to train a new generation of mutants including the insect-like Angel, the bird-boy Beak, the living sandstorm Dust and eerie telepathic quintuplets the Stepford Cuckoos. And as secondary mutations alter familiar mutants, the team is tested when Emma Frost sets her seductive sights on Cyclops, the all-consuming Phoenix threatens to rise again, and shocking traitors plot the destruction of everything the X-Men have accomplished! Featuring the Shi'ar Imperial Guard, the X-Corporation, Fantomex and more! Collecting NEW X-MEN (2001) #114-154 and ANNUAL 2001
    1120 PGS./Rated T+ ...$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90196-7

A Marvel masterworks:

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 18 HC
    Written by MARV WOLFMAN with LEN WEIN, BILL MANTLO, ROGER SLIFER & KEITH POLLARD
    Penciled by KEITH POLLARD with BOB HALL, SAL BUSCEMA & JOHN BUSCEMA
    Cover by JACK KIRBY
    The Fantastic Four have split up! Having gone their separate ways, you might worry we'll have to come up with a new title for this book -- but don't, because the Doctor Doom's evil machinations will reunite Marvel's first family for its issue #200 extravaganza! Johnny Storm's hotrod racing, the Thing's demon bashing, Sue's dalliances with Namor and Reed's soul searching culminate in a massive five-part saga that pits the FF against its nemesis in the series' greatest tradition! Who is Doom's son? How does he have the FF's powers? It's a fight to the finish in Latveria! Also featuring Quasimodo the Living Computer, an outer-space adventure with the Inhumans and the return of the Mole Man! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #192-203 and ANNUAL #12-13.
    328 PGS./Rated T ...$75
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90009-0
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 18 HC -- VARIANT EDITION VOL. 236 (DM ONLY)
    328 PGS./Rated T ...$75
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90010-6

And also this:

MARVEL: THE HIP-HOP COVERS VOL. 1 HC
    Watch creative worlds collide like never before in the ultimate fusion of hip-hop and the House of Ideas! With an introduction by award-winning author Ta-Nehisi Coates -- a National Book Award winner, a recent MacArthur Genius Grant recipient and the writer of Marvel's BLACK PANTHER -- this stunning volume showcases 70 comic-book covers inspired by some of the most iconic albums in music history. Experience page after page of incredible artwork featuring the heroes of the All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe -- from A-Force to the X-Men -- by an unbelievable roster of talent including Adam Hughes, Brian Stelfreeze, Jim Cheung, Mike Del Mundo, Sanford Greene, Jenny Frison, Phil Noto, Mahmud Asrar, Damion Scott, Tim Bradstreet, Keron Grant and Ed Piskor. Their finished covers sit side-by-side with behind-the-scenes sketches, showing the process of rendering some of the most famous images in hip-hop, Marvel style. Straight outta comics -- and on to your bookshelf!
    168 PGS./Rated T+ ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90233-9

Fantastic Member

And finaly some big TPBs:

CAPTAIN MARVEL: EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HERO VOL. 1 TPB
    Written by KELLY SUE DECONNICK & CHRIS SEBELA
    Penciled by DEXTER SOY, EMMA RIOS, FILIPE ANDRADE & MORE
    Cover by DAVID LOPEZ
    Carol Danvers has a new codename and is determined to prove shes the best of the best! She's forging a new future for herself as Captain Marvel, but finds she still can't walk away from a challenge from her past! It's a firefight in the sky as the Banshee Squadron makes its debut -- but who are the Prowlers, and where has Carol seen them before? Witness her in blazing battlefield action that just may change the course of history! Then, the Avengers' new Captain Marvel meets their old one: Monica Rambeau! But what's Monica's problem? And can they resolve it before a threat from the ocean depths attacks? Meanwhile, something is weakening Carol's powers, threatening to leave the ace pilot grounded. Will her claim to the title of Earth's Mightiest Hero be short-lived? Collecting CAPTAIN MARVEL (2012) #1-12.
    264 PGS./Rated T+ ...$29.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90127-1

CARNAGE CLASSIC TPB
    Written by DAVID MICHELINIE, TOM DEFALCO, LARRY HAMA, WARREN ELLIS, DAVID QUINN,
    DAN JURGENS, HOWARD MACKIE & TODD DEZAGO
    Penciled by MARK BAGLEY, JOE BENNETT, ANDREW WILDMAN, KYLE HOTZ, DAN JURGENS,
    JOHN ROMITA JR., SAL BUSCEMA, LEE WEEKS, GRAHAM NOLAN & STEVEN BUTLER
    Cover by MARK BAGLEY
    The serial-killing symbiote's sadistic spree starts here! As if Venom wasn't lethal enough, imagine what would happen if his symbiotic "other" had been joined to a murderous psychopath? That's where Cletus Kasady comes in, as Venom's symbiotic spawn transforms him into Carnage, Spider-Man's sickest foe! Killing on a whim, Carnage is a painful, twisted thorn in the sides of Peter Parker, Ben Reilly, Venom...even the Silver Surfer! An unstoppable force of nature, Carnage will unleash an onslaught of death -- but as far as he's concerned, it's a wonderful life! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #361-363, #410 and #430-431; VENOM: CARNAGE UNLEASHED #1-4; CARNAGE: MIND BOMB; CARNAGE: IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE; SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN (1996) #3; SPIDER-MAN (1990) #67; SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #233; PETER PARKER: SPIDER-MAN (1999) #13; WEBSPINNERS: TALES OF SPIDER-MAN #13-14 and material from AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #28.
    488 PGS./Rated T+ ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90059-5

DEADPOOL CLASSIC VOL. 16: KILLOGY TPB
    Written by CULLEN BUNN
    Penciled by DALIBOR TALAJIC, MATTEO LOLLI
    & SALVA ESPIN
    Cover by MICHAEL DEL MUNDO
    Wade Wilson stars in a killogy of chaos! It begins when (spoilers!) Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe! But what could drive another dimension's DP to murderize every other costumed hero and villain on his world? And his bloodlust doesn't stop there. Not when the Ideaverse is full of the fabled icons of classic literature -- you know, the ones your parents read about in books. And not when there are multiple realities, harboring infinite Mercs with infinite Mouths. Before this Wade's work is done, every one of them must be silenced -- permanently! Only one man can avert regenerating de-genocide. To catch a Deadpool, you need a Deadpool. And it just so happens the Wade Wilson you know and love is the Deadpooliest of them all! Collecting DEADPOOL KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #1-4, DEADPOOL KILLUSTRATED #1-4 and DEADPOOL KILLS DEADPOOL #1-4.
    280 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9541-2

INCREDIBLE HULK EPIC COLLECTION: MAN OR MONSTER? TPB
    Volume #1 in the Incredible Hulk Epic Collections
    Written by STAN LEE
    Penciled by JACK KIRBY with STEVE DITKO & DICK AYERS
    Cover by JACK KIRBY
    Dr. Robert Bruce Banner may look like a mild-mannered scientist, but after being caught in a gamma-bomb explosion, he became the unstoppable engine of destruction known as the Hulk! Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's atomic update on the Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde paradigm mixed the might of giant monsters with Cold War intrigue and psychological drama. Decades later, it's a formula that still has readers clamoring for more! For the first time, this Epic Collection follows Hulk's every adventure: his original series, his time fighting alongside -- and against -- the Avengers, his first confrontation with the Thing, encounters with Spider-Man and Ant-Man, and a mythic battle with Thor! Collecting INCREDIBLE HULK (1962) #1-6, FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #12 and #25-26, AVENGERS (1963) #1-3 and #5, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #14, and material from TALES TO ASTONISH (1959) #59 and JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (1952) #112.
    392 PGS./All Ages ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9600-6

INFINITY WATCH VOL. 2 TPB
    Written by JIM STARLIN, RICHARD ASHFORD,
    JOHN ARCUDI & EVAN SKOLNICK
    Penciled by KRIS RENKEWITZ, TOM GRINDBERG,
    JEFF MOORE, PAT OLLIFFE, LEE SULLIVAN
    & MIKE GUSTOVICH
    Cover by TOM GRINDBERG
    The uncanny adventures of Adam Warlock and his Infinity Watch conclude! But before the band breaks up and goes its separate ways, there are plenty of adventures to be had —like a battle for Monster Island against the Avengers! There will be new love for Adam, and heartache for Gamora! The Watch will face the full fury of the Man-Beast, learn how Count Abyss traded his soul for power, and be caught in a subterranean war between Tyrannus and the Mole Man! The mysterious Strange targets the Infinity Gems, and the members of the Watch face execution for their sins at the hands of Zakaius! Will they escape that fate only to be brought down by one of their own? Time will tell before the Watch is stopped! Collecting WARLOCK CHRONICLES #6 and WARLOCK AND THE INFINITY WATCH #26-42.
    440 PGS./Rated T ...$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90062-5

NYX: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB
    Written by JOE QUESADA & MARJORIE LIU
    Penciled by JOSH MIDDLETON, ROBERT TERANISHI,
    KALMAN ANDRASOFSZKY & SARA PICHELLI
    Cover by JOSH MIDDLETON
    Meet a pack of New York City gutterpunks -- including the girl destined to one day become the All-New, All-Different Wolverine! Yes, X-23's journey of hardship begins in NYC, where Xavier's dream has failed a group of young mutants. These wayward angels with dirty faces must rely on themselves for everything from food to shelter to love. Just as the X-Men battle for their lives against super villains, these kids face their own fight for survival in the cold, harsh city that never sleeps against the backdrop of their species' nigh-extinction. The world of the X-Men hits the streets in this gritty and offbeat different series! Collecting NYX #1-7 and NYX: NO WAY HOME #1-6.
    392 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9598-6

SPIDER-MAN: TOMBSTONE VOL. 1 TPB
    Written by GERRY CONWAY
    Penciled by SAL BUSCEMA & MARK BAGLEY
    Cover by SAL BUSCEMA
    Spider-Man's life takes a grave turn! He's about to encounter Tombstone -- the highest-priced killer in the business -- and the whispering hitman will make a big noise in the wall-crawler's life. Who is Tombstone? Why is Joe Robertson investigating him? What devastating action will Tombstone take to put a stop to that? And how will it all end with Joe on trial?! Whatever the answers, the albino assassin is about to get Spider-Man's attention -- and the Punisher's, too! Meanwhile, Boomerang makes his comeback, "Evolutionary War" breaks out, "Inferno" rages, and the Hobgoblin goes demonic. Carrion is spooky enough, but which face from Spidey's past makes a ghoulish return? And when the wall-crawler faces Tarantula, whose side will Captain America choose? Collecting SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #137-150 and material from ANNUAL #8.
    368 PGS./Rated T ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90064-9

THE UNITED STATES OF MURDER INC. VOL. 1: TRUTH TPB
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Penciled by MICHAEL AVON OEMING
    Cover by MICHAEL AVON OEMING
    From the creators of the Eisner Award-winning, bestselling POWERS comes a brand-new world of crime fiction like you've never seen before. Discover a world in which the families of organized crime never lost their stranglehold on the United States. Today is the day that Valentine Gallo becomes a made man, and it's also the day he learns the secrets behind the organization he has served since he was old enough to walk. But it is mysterious hitwoman Jagger Rose who will forever turn his life upside down. This bold new vision of crime fiction harkens back to Bendis's earliest work in crime comics -- while also giving you everything you expect from the creators of POWERS, one of the most successful and longest-lasting independent comics in history. Collecting THE UNITED STATES OF MURDER INC. #1-6.
    248 PGS./Mature ...$29.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90151-6

X-MEN: INFERNO VOL. 2 TPB
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT, LOUISE SIMONSON, TERRY AUSTIN, JULIANNA JONES
    & MARK GRUENWALD
    Penciled by MARC SILVESTRI, ALAN DAVIS,
    WALTER SIMONSON, ROB LIEFELD, BRET BLEVINS,
    MIKE VOSBURG, JON BOGDANOVE & JIM FERN
    Cover by MARC SILVESTRI
    As Manhattan burns, S'ym, N'astirh and the Goblin Queen fan the flames! But the manipulative Mister Sinister may be the most incendiary threat of all! Madelyne Pryor's secrets are revealed, while Colossus and the New Mutants learn the truth about Illyana Rasputin! While X-Factor hunts Cyclops's baby son, Excalibur is drawn into the fray! One by one, his teammates fall, but Longshot's luck holds out -- will anyone else survive to join him in a last stand against Sinister? Meanwhile, Power Pack and Cloak & Dagger struggle with demons of their own! Collecting UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #241-243, EXCALIBUR (1988) #6-7, X-FACTOR (1986) #37-40, NEW MUTANTS (1983) #73, CLOAK & DAGGER (1988) #4, POWER PACK (1984) #44 and material from X-FACTOR ANNUAL #4.
    368 PGS./Rated T ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9544-3

Fantastic Member

Another Star wars epic collection:

STAR WARS LEGENDS EPIC COLLECTION: THE REBELLION VOL. 1 TPB
    Written by JOHN WAGNER, PAUL ALDEN, RANDY STRADLEY, DARKO MACAN & BRIAN WOOD
    Penciled by CAM KENNEDY, RAUL TREVINO, DAVIDE FABBRI, DAVE GIBBONS, CARLOS D'ANDA & RYAN KELLY
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    When the Death Star falls, what will happen next for the galaxy? Find out in this collection of tales set in the immediate aftermath of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope! Stinging from defeat, Darth Vader is consumed with tracking down the Force-strong young pilot who destroyed his battle station. What would it mean for the Empire if Vader and the evil Emperor Palpatine discover Luke Skywalker's identity? With the Rebellion emboldened, Princess Leia leads a stealth squadron, Han Solo and Chewbacca face off against the bounty hunter Boba Fett, and Luke and Wedge Antilles infiltrate an Imperial Destroyer. Witness the continuing adventures of everyone's favorite Star Wars heroes and villains! Collecting STAR WARS: EMPIRE #7, #14 and #16-18; STAR WARS: VADER'S QUEST #1-4; and STAR WARS (2013) #1-12.
    504 PGS./Rated T ...$39.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9546-7

And also this boxset:

KICK-ASS TPB BOX SET SLIPCASE
    Written by MARK MILLAR
    Penciled by JOHN ROMITA JR.
    Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.
    You loved the movies, now get the entire bloody, action-packed story of Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl inside a single slipcase! Dave Lizewski has the suit, and he's got the name -- but with no special powers and outmatched by New York City's most hardened criminals, can Kick-Ass survive? At least Mindy "Hit-Girl" McCready knows a hundred ways to kill a man, thanks to her Big Daddy. Together, Dave and Mindy make one heck of a team, but what happens when these two vigilantes spark a viral super-hero trend? The villainous Red Mist descends, Hit-Girl gets banged up, and soon costumed vigilantes everywhere are running for their lives! This box set comes with a bumper body count! Includes KICK-ASS TPB, KICK-ASS 2 PRELUDE: HIT-GIRL TPB MOVIE COVER, KICK-ASS 2 TPB and KICK-ASS 3 TPB.
    776 PGS./Mature ...$50.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90155-4

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Collected editions are for anybody, digital is for readers.

While the printing always says so inside, generally it also says it outside, as it's like a badge of honour.

I see no reason why, if it's all about the readability for those of you that see these items as just a way to read the comics, anyone would be against a small marker saying X edition on the spine or cover, to instantly demark for those that see these as collectable items, which edition is which. Which is what would be the optimum for both sides of the issues.

Collectors can look for books without a demarcation and may even double dip, while readers get top titles always on tap.

Side note, who picked that cover for WatIF vol2?!
    You're arguing against the tide of printed books. Most books across the whole literary spectrum don't indicate what printing it is on the outside anywhere. You usually only see additional information on the outside when the book is a new edition that has something the previous printing didn't have - a new foreword, a new chapter, revised contents in textbooks, etc.

Yes of course this comics stuff is believed to be collectible to a degree, especially since single issue comic books often have some way of differentiating between first print and later printings (like a different cover), but you seem to be getting worked up like this is the 1990s bubble all over again. Then again Marvel is putting out the Deadpool minibus reprint with a new cover I believe, so maybe they are listening to your cries.

Sure that First Printing of some Omnibus might have thicker paper AND sewn binding and be technically superior in build quality to the modern re-printings. And sure, there's definitely a subset of collectors that care about that. But for the thousands of other people buying Omnibuses? 95% of them don't give a shit. Just like with the variant dust jackets/covers. Some people care, the vast majority do not. That small subset that cares will know what to look for when they're trying to acquire a certain printing, and you're just not going to convince the rest of the masses that what you have is somehow more valuable than what IST is selling for 50% off or whatever. The monetary value of anything is only what someone is willing to pay for it, scarce, rare or otherwise.

Could Marvel do something to indicate a first printing on the dust jacket? Sure. But that's not magically going to make your book much more valuable than the "first printing" already printed on the inside indicia. You probably just have to accept that these Omnibus editions aren't AS collectible as you thought or you would like them to be.

alright well I just ordered UXM 3 Smith cover and Cap White OHC from IST. Next up Elektra and Daredevil companion omnis.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"