Page 155 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 551051451511521531541551561571581591652052556551155 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 20773

Man Ross really outdone himself on the Dr Strange cover.. it's stunning.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 OHC ALEX ROSS Cover:

Collecting GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2013) #18-27 and ANNUAL #1

THOR BY JASON AARON & RUSSELL DAUTERMAN VOL. 1 OHC Russell Dauterman Cover:

Collecting THOR (2014) #1-8 and ANNUAL #1

MARVEL: THE HIP-HOP COVERS VOL. 1 HC Cover:

This isn't marked as oversized (which is a shame), but I thought I'd post this cover as it's pretty "interesting" to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    So as terrible as being really sick is, at least I've been able to put a dent in my ridiculous backlog.

I've also re-read through all 4 volumes of Mark Waid's Daredevil. Aside from the mega drive story, this might be my favorite DD run (barely edging out Bendis). The whole Foggy having cancer thing really hits close to home, and is handled so well. The scene where Matt's narration explains how excruciating the smells in the hospital are, but then Foggy calls him back in and he straightens his tie abd puts back on a smile, it's just the perfect scene.
    I've reread Waid's run several times and I agree that Waid covers certain issues very well such as cancer and various types of depression. He definitely seems to have done his research.

In general, I didn't mind the first 3 Waid volumes but just didn't take to the issue of spoilers:
    Daredevil revealing his identity
    end of spoilers. With the exception of the first couple of issues in Volume 4 featuring the Shroud and the excellent Original Sin 2-parter drawn by Javier Rodriguez, I felt that it went downhill from there.

I also never warmed to Chris Samnee's interior art in particular Matt's "pointy" nose and chin. On the other hand, art by Paulo Rivero and Javier Rodriguez was excellent.

Btw, sorry to hear about your illness, I hope you pull through quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    Does Waid Daredevil vol. 4 truly continue where 3 left off? Those 3 volumes were some of my favorites and I'd like to get vol. 4 if it's more of the same.
    Yes, the Vol. 4 OHC carries directly on from the Vol. 3 OHC.

The Vol. 3 OHC ends where spoilers:
    Matt and Kirsten leave NY and plan to move to San Francisco, whereas Vol. 4 picks up from them settling into SF
    end of spoilers
    I don't have the 4th OHC yet (I own the floppies) but I believe they've erroneously put #0.1 at the end of the OHC along with #1.50 after issues #1-10. Issue #0.1 should absolutely be read directly after Vol. 3 and before issues #1-10 of Vol. 4, as it's kind of a prelude.

#1.50 can be read whenever and probably would have been better if they had placed it at the end of the Vol. 5 OHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    For the Marvel Masterworks and Fantastic Four collectors amongst you, the latest volume to be announced will be Marvel Masterworks: Fantastic Four Volume 18

Original Release Date: September 14, 2016
    328 Pages

Collection Editor: Cory Sedlmeier
    Written by Marv Wolfman with Len Wein, Bill Mantlo, Roger Slifer & Keith Pollard
    Pencils by Keith Pollard with Bob Hall, Sal Buscema & John Buscema
    Introduction by Marv Wolfman
    With this 18th volume, the MMW line almost touches the first John Byrne Omnibus. If we add the Epics, there is a nice and almost almost complete run of restored / reprinted comics for the first 300 issues of the Fantastic Four.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1015254788

I somehow ended up with an extra copy of the DM variant of Uncanny vol 3. If someone needs it who missed out, PM me and it's yours for cost plus shipping ($75) once it gets here.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by producte View Post
    With this 18th volume, the MMW line almost touches the first John Byrne Omnibus. If we add the Epics, there is a nice and almost almost complete run of restored / reprinted comics for the first 300 issues of the Fantastic Four.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1015254788
    In Search Of Galactus covers the gap between this MMW and the Byrne Omnibus. All that's missing is the ten or so Doug Moench issues from shortly before Byrne took over full-time.

I somehow ended up with an extra copy of the DM variant of Uncanny vol 3. If someone needs it who missed out, PM me and it's yours for cost plus shipping ($75) once it gets here.
    Wow it sold out on IST already!?

Never ordered from IST before but after seeing all of your glowing praises last night, I decided to order the Uncanny X-Men Omni Vol 3! The Paul cover was sold out to I go the Opena variant. I'm really excited! Closer and closer to getting all of Uncanny collected! Need more Epic Collection releases!

Spectacular Member

I thought the DM cover for volume 2 was also the classic variant....
    You're correct. Both the standard and the DM variant were different artists' versions of that same cover, but the DM variant was Byrne's original cover art from the issue.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Hmmm. I respectfully disagree. I thought the Opena cover was seriously ugly. I generally don't care about covers. I go with the cheapest (I proudly own the Romita Iron Man cover to the Michilinie run!). This time, though, I went with Smith.
    I do prefer the classic covers 98% of the time anyway + I also found the Brood design to be distracting.
    Also IST has mine listed as shipped and I have a tracking number!

I'll get the Gulacy cover for Kung-Fu as well.
    However, I'm very torn on the Dr.Strange covers. I'm leaning towards the Ross cover and bucking my classic cover trend for that one.
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 02-17-2016 at 07:53 AM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Wow it sold out on IST already!?
    Hopefully this means Vol 4 will be a no brainer.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^
    Coupled with how the FF vol.3 also sold well one would hope that vol.4's of both should be just that, a no brainer.
    Still, it'll probably be a few years before we know. I can't imagine getting either before 2017 IF they should happen.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

We don't need a vol.4, just a tpb to get us to The Gift