Page 156 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 561061461521531541551561571581591601662062566561156 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    We don't need a vol.4, just a tpb to get us to The Gift
    Oh, definitely need that Gift in some oversized treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

I don't have the 4th OHC yet (I own the floppies) but I believe they've erroneously put #0.1 at the end of the OHC along with #1.50 after issues #1-10. Issue #0.1 should absolutely be read directly after Vol. 3 and before issues #1-10 of Vol. 4, as it's kind of a prelude.

#1.50 can be read whenever and probably would have been better if they had placed it at the end of the Vol. 5 OHC.
    Yes you are correct. The 0.1 should have kicked off the book, and then 1.50 should have ended Vol. 5 although it doesn't necessarily hurt anything by being in Vol. 4. Chronologically, it just makes more sense.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Some of us disagree on that but that's ok.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

We need a volume 4 covering up to 219. While that would include four random MM issues it would dove tail in to Fall of the Mutants and complete an OHC run from 1 to 320odd
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

OK, tell me more about Crime Noir omni, are those stories good? If I'm gonna get something from Marvel, that would be it.

And maybeeeee Minibus, wanna read something more about character, watched movie yesterday - it's all right, overhyped as hell but in UK has 15 rating, not 18, I would give it even 12, those ratings don't make any sense now with internet everywhere.

How are the first 2 stan lee X men omnis? From a story perspective are they worth tracking down?(I know there oop and quite expensive) I know the series really came into what we know today with claremont but was stans version really that bad and boring?

Also I rather have a vol 4 as I think most would. Keep the series going in an oversized format.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    OK, tell me more about Crime Noir omni, are those stories good?.
    Yeah those stories are all pretty solid. I especially like Torso, which had a slightly different tone than Jinx and Goldfish. The fourth story im not familiar with though. These were released in mini hc's a few years back that I got for cheap not to long ago. I'll probably upgrade to the omni.

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    You're correct. Both the standard and the DM variant were different artists' versions of that same cover, but the DM variant was Byrne's original cover art from the issue.
    Right, which is why I was pointing it out...

OK, tell me more about Crime Noir omni, are those stories good? If I'm gonna get something from Marvel, that would be it.
    If you like early Bendis (think Image Powers or Sam & Twitch), this is pretty much in the same style. My only gripe is that it isn't really "noir;" more hardboiled/detective.

This should actually be a pretty nice book. I recently reread Jinx in the current Icon hardcover; like a lot of Bendis' work, there are numerous two-page spreads where dialog runs across both pages. With the terrible binding on this mini hardcovers you lose a lot in the gutter. Hopefully with this new Omnibus there will be an uptick in readability.
    Last edited by mike1981; 02-17-2016 at 02:26 PM.

And maybeeeee Minibus, wanna read something more about character, watched movie yesterday - it's all right, overhyped as hell but in UK has 15 rating, not 18, I would give it even 12, those ratings don't make any sense now with internet everywhere.
    They're excellent. Street crime is where Bendis shines. Torso in particular is great. Unlike the others which are total fiction, it's a true-life tale about Elliot Ness hunting down America's first serial killer after he took down Al Capone, so in a way it acts as a sequel to the movie The Untouchables.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    They're excellent. Street crime is where Bendis shines. Torso in particular is great. Unlike the others which are total fiction, it's a true-life tale about Elliot Ness hunting down America's first serial killer after he took down Al Capone, so in a way it acts as a sequel to the movie The Untouchables.
    Well it's "based" on real life events, however there are still plenty of fictional elements added to the mix. Just to clarify

Picked up UXM vol. 3 omnibus today. They had a bunch of the DM version at the shop. Interesting note - all of them had loose-looking dustjackets with some already damaged in the shrinkwrap and others waiting to be. It looked like this was the case for practically every copy, with a corner/side of the dustjacket sitting significantly above or below the book cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Wow it sold out on IST already!?
    Damn... I ordered mine yesterday but i didn't think it'd sell out that quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^^
    Coupled with how the FF vol.3 also sold well one would hope that vol.4's of both should be just that, a no brainer.
    Still, it'll probably be a few years before we know. I can't imagine getting either before 2017 IF they should happen.
    ASM 3 before UXM4 please!
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Can you post some pictures of the book like dj,spine,binding,pages,etc ?

Also I'm always blown away by how expensive Marvel tpb's are. I picked up a Deathlok and Avengers West Coast trade and they were $40 cover price each! The Incal hardcover was only 5 bucks more!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    How are the first 2 stan lee X men omnis? From a story perspective are they worth tracking down?(I know there oop and quite expensive) I know the series really came into what we know today with claremont but was stans version really that bad and boring?

Also I rather have a vol 4 as I think most would. Keep the series going in an oversized format.
    Lee only write the first 19 issues. I really like his run, but haven't seen anything worth a reread after that.
    Cyclops was right