Page 16 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026661165161016 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Obsolete in my opinion. Especially with Thanos Imperative in here, as that ends this chaper of Marvel Cosmic.

Im still hoping for a DnA Nova omni, but dont remotely expect War/Realm considering the contents left for that is mostly tie in banner headed rubbish. The WoK trade would fill any tiny gap (mostly the Inhumans mini) nicely
    I think WOK could still warrant an omni considering how much of Vulcan's story is not in ohc, and don't get me started on marvel throwing deadly genesis in the otherwise worthless giant size ohc. If they put in all the prelude inhuman, xmen/Vulcan issues with the contents of the ohc there is a strong omni in my opinion. Realm could remain a stand alone ohc at that point.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Does anyone have any pics of the Hawkeye OHC? I'm going to pick up volume 2, but I already have the first 2 trades and I want to make sure the quality is worth trading up for.
    It's the same as any Marvel Now OHC that isn't an event HC. So if you've seen any of them that's what you're in for (mines boxed up currently so can't take pics).
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Incredible Member

So seeing a Volume 5 OHC for Daredevil.. Does this make a solid chance Waid's run will get Omni'd? I don't want to miss out on getting the 5 OHC's if it won't, but I don't want to get them if it will get Omni'd..

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    So seeing a Volume 5 OHC for Daredevil.. Does this make a solid chance Waid's run will get Omni'd? I don't want to miss out on getting the 5 OHC's if it won't, but I don't want to get them if it will get Omni'd..
    I'd say you'll see it in a few years or less. Maybe for a future season of daredevil as it (beta motherfu***n') keep going strong. But I speculate a lot, so there's that. Grain of salt and all that...

But I would also recommend the OHCs as I think they are lovely.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

Your guess is as good as ours, etc. etc. etc. Absolutely no one here knows the answer to your question.

We've seen Marvel go different directions in terms of OHCs and the same material in Omnibuses, and we've seen them do it in different time frames.

Is it possible? Sure. Is it probable? Who knows.

Are any of the OHCs out of print right now? If not, then the Omni might be a ways off.

If they're going to print more Daredevil Omnibuses, are they really going to go with Waid's run instead of reprinting the in-demand Bendis and Brubaker? Would they really do both?

When do you plan on reading the material? If you want to read it within the next year or so, buy the OHCs. If they're just going to sit on the shelf for years and years unread, then maybe you could gamble on a couple of Waid Omnis in the future. But if the Omnis never come, then those OHCs will probably go OOP at some point and then you might wish you bought them when they were affordable.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    For some reason Marvel only decided to make the Next Chapter issues a three volume set.
    That reason was they wanted collect the Byrne era. They can always go back and do Spider-Man by Jenkins Complete Collection. And do one with Amazing Spider-Man issues that bridges Next Chapter books and JMS books.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    So these are January solicits, but when do they actually come out? Is it January or later in the year.
    From the list it looks like I'll pick up the Guardians omnibus and the Daredevil OHC.
    Both are out on May 4th.

A "solid" chance? No.
    A chance? Maybe.
    But, I'd just go with the OHCs. I guarantee you that in the end, they'll cost you less and they'll hold together a lot better than a Marvel omnibus. I've got the first three and - like another poster said - they're nice.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Personally I don't think we'll get a Daredevil Waid Omnibus, although I would prefer one.

The material is already being collected in TPBs, PHCs and OHCs. The first OHC is basically OOP but you can still purchase it for pretty cheap.

I think the Hawkeye Omnibus is an anomaly. They released the first OHC, and then when Fraction decided to "leave" Marvel, they thought it wise to quickly release a couple of Fraction Omnibusses (Hawkeye & FF) whilst he was still popular. What followed was an uproar as to no Vol. 2 OHC, hence they announced Vol. 2.

There is so much more Daredevil to be released as opposed to Waid in Omnibus format. For eg. Silver Age, O'Neill, Nocenti, reprints of Brubaker and Bendis.

ASM Omni, Gotg omni cap white ohc and the last ohc of waids dd are all buys

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

How are the Runaways and Best of Spider-Man OHC's? And Astonishing X-Men?
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

If they did release an omnibus, it would need to either be the biggest Marvel has ever put out (all the OHCs added together makes something like 1496 pages) or will be split across two omnis.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Does the Waid one complete his run? And as my only brush with DD are the Brubaker and Bendis runs, which I liked, will I enjoy this?

I'll admit the DnA GotG omni is a little surprising. Just due to the fact that they're all about pushing the Bendis version of GotG these days, because, well, Bendis... I guess the sell through for the other cosmic omnis made them decide to give us what we want, perhaps. I (wrongfully) assumed if we got a GotG omni it would be ~2 Bendis OHCs mashed together or something like that. This is a nice surprise.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Does the Waid one complete his run? And as my only brush with DD are the Brubaker and Bendis runs, which I liked, will I enjoy this?
    yes it will complete it. I'm a huge fan of the Bendis run (and Brubaker but haven't read it in years) and while Waid's take is very different I absolutely enjoyed it (although haven't read it up until the end).
    It's more of a swashbuckling kind of book, more fun but doesn't ignore DD's past, but it's absolutely not the gritty noir book it was before but I have no problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Best news out of these solicits for me!!
    Agreed! This cam,e as a surprise to me and I actually did an air punch when i read it!