Page 162 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 621121521581591601611621631641651661722122626621162 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    If I remember right I think I read it takes place after annihilation? Do I need that to read the series? Or can I just jump in?
    You can for sure jump in. But annihilation is worth it.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

My Uncanny X-Men omnibuses arrived today; what frustrates me about the current cover stock is how easily it can be damaged.

All 4 copies (don't ask) had some amount of damage to the spine, with 1 being severe.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    FF was a great book when Bendis/Millar, Warren Ellis and then Millar wrote it. Later Mike Carey took over and I dropped it. Don't get me wrong, I love some Mike Carey (Lucifer, Hellblazer, etc.) but I just could not get into his FF.

I only read Millar's run on Ultimate X-Men and it wasn't bad but not his best.

But, man, his Ultimates? THAT was awesome.

And then Loeb came along . . .
    For me Ultimate FF declined as it went on, started out interestingly but dropped it too with Carey. Also IIRC there was a lot f Greg Land art which is a bit controversial, I'm not actually a hater but it bothered me in UFF.

I just absolutely LOVE Millar's Ultimates, it had so much influence on the movies as well, and I know he took a lot of ideas from The authority, I've read that before the ultimates but it still worked for me.
    I actually like v2 more than v1, v1 starts out a bit slow maybe.
    Also, before any criticism and Millar hate starts, I think it's worth mentioning when this book came out, even after it's finished (I've read it in collected form) this was the closest to an Avengers movie at the time, I never though we would ever get an actual Avengers movie. I mean it's still a comic but the structure and the storytelling felt like it.
    And yeah, the less we say about Loeb's stuff the better...

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Wow. was that a local comic book store or what?
    Hi mtop2036! Not a local comic store but a store that sells new and used books, movies and music at discount prices. Always fun to shop there because you never know what you will find on the GN shelves. For instance I just picked up a pre owned New Avengers Delux HC vol 7 for $16.00

I dropped NA after issue 54 so this is a great pick up for me to finish reading the series. I have a better appreciation for Stuart Immonen these days

Also saw an older TPB X-Men Mutant Massacre.
    73437_20061202120908_thumb.jpg
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 02-20-2016 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    My Uncanny X-Men omnibuses arrived today; what frustrates me about the current cover stock is how easily it can be damaged.

All 4 copies (don't ask) had some amount of damage to the spine, with 1 being severe.
    were they are normal or variant cover?

Are you talking about the 3rd? If so, did you get yours so fast because you payed for FedEx?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    It collects:

There's been no specific indication of what the "material from" is but it's probably just backups.
    Yeah, I knew what it collected, but that material from is so vague. If it's the back up story with Rocket and Groot, that's fine, I suppose. If it collected the Annihilators and the Earthfall story, that would be better, as it means that Earthfall isnt stranded as tpb (and whalette tpb at that) only.

Looking at the creator credits, Tim Green II is listed, he did art for the RR/G back up, so I am guessing that is the case and Earthfall will remain stranded.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Yeah, I knew what it collected, but that material from is so vague. If it's the back up story with Rocket and Groot, that's fine, I suppose. If it collected the Annihilators and the Earthfall story, that would be better, as it means that Earthfall isnt stranded as tpb (and whalette tpb at that) only.

Looking at the creator credits, Tim Green II is listed, he did art for the RR/G back up, so I am guessing that is the case and Earthfall will remain stranded.
    I can't remember Annihilators or Earthfall to save my life, but I'm sure I read them...maybe. Are they Conquest related?
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

I can't remember Annihilators or Earthfall to save my life, but I'm sure I read them...maybe. Are they Conquest related?
    can't remember Earthfall, Annihilators set after Thanos Imperative, that's when I lost interest in the cosmic line.

were they are normal or variant cover?
    All are the Paul Smith cover. It would be blasphemy to get a collection of classic comics and not get the classic cover!

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Are you talking about the 3rd? If so, did you get yours so fast because you payed for FedEx?
    Just standard shipping; my Tuesday orders always arrive Saturday.

All are the Paul Smith cover. It would be blasphemy to get a collection of classic comics and not get the classic cover!

Just standard shipping; my Tuesday orders always arrive Saturday.
    Well I ordered the normal cover cause I like the monster dude on it, but realzing the classic goes with vol 1 and 2 makes me wish I got the classic oh well! lesson learned I guess

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Annihilators introduced a female Rom character, Earthfall dealt with Adam Warlock/Magus clones being 'born' on Earth
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Does anyone have any of the "Adamantium" or "Vibranium" collections? For some reason I decided to get the Avengers collection, but am unable to find much about it on google.

Whats the diffrences between the USM omnibus and USM barnes and nobel edition? I see they don't have the same number of pages but the same number of issues

CGN better not send me the B&N edition since thats not they advertised normally I wouldnt even worry but it was their last copy. Definitely will be returning it if it is and will be fighitng for my shipping cot to be returned.

I don't think they will, I remember when I was looking at grabbing the omnibus as it was my first and people were comparing them and I'm pretty sure that thing came and went in 2004 or 05. I'm probably wrong though.