Page 163 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 631131531591601611621631641651661671732132636631163 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    Does anyone have any of the "Adamantium" or "Vibranium" collections? For some reason I decided to get the Avengers collection, but am unable to find much about it on google.
    I have the adamantium collection. Enormous book, extremely well built even though it is unwieldy. Old style Omni paper stock in a coffee table sized book, 700 pages collecting various wolverine stories, such as his origin, first appearance and things of that nature. Almost like a sampler, but for the most part it does have complete stories to tell. They do, however, all seem to try to shoehorn in newer stories to push their new line of books from what I have seen. So in a book where there is mostly "classic" tales they throw in wolverine and the x men which some might argue doesn't belong. I think for Avengers they have a bendis story in there.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Well I ordered the normal cover cause I like the monster dude on it, but realzing the classic goes with vol 1 and 2 makes me wish I got the classic oh well! lesson learned I guess
    The covers for the first two vols are very iconic covers. The normal cover for vol 3 was a very random issue. I think the Opena is better.

Whats the diffrences between the USM omnibus and USM barnes and nobel edition? I see they don't have the same number of pages but the same number of issues

CGN better not send me the B&N edition since thats not they advertised normally I wouldnt even worry but it was their last copy. Definitely will be returning it if it is and will be fighitng for my shipping cot to be returned.
    Sine you didn't order from Barnes and Noble, why would you even worry about this....

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    The covers for the first two vols are very iconic covers. The normal cover for vol 3 was a very random issue. I think the Opena is better.
    It's unnatural to get a cover not drawn by an artist who actual worked on the interiors of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I thought so too, but the rate at which the DM sold out was quite something.

Whats the diffrences between the USM omnibus and USM barnes and nobel edition? I see they don't have the same number of pages but the same number of issues

CGN better not send me the B&N edition since thats not they advertised normally I wouldnt even worry but it was their last copy. Definitely will be returning it if it is and will be fighitng for my shipping cot to be returned.
    B&N edition has better paper, better binding

I believe they took out the pages that were added to the OHC and Barnes and Noble edition from the omnibus.

Edit: just checked the Omnibus, it may have all just been pushed to the back. I gave away my Barnes and Noble edition to a friend when I picked this up cheap thinking we'd get multiple volumes of this so I cant compare, but it could be all in the back.
    Last edited by Tony; 02-20-2016 at 07:30 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I thought so too, but the rate at which the DM sold out was quite something.
    Well when you have people buying 4 copies...

I think that happens pretty often on these in demand books. The shield DM variant, and the Avengers one sold out in a day or two if my memory serves.

The b&n has less pages and according to the amazon reviews the b%n dosnt have covers inbetween issues. maybe there in the back? And others also said the marvel omni has extras the b&n and ohcs dont. so that explains it.

Just ordered the opena uxm v3. That other cover, no matter drawn by what artist, looks plain dull. Also as someone said above, people buying 4 copies and some others thinking about the collectible nature/price down the line (that whole argument about first print copies having something in the spine) definitely account for it selling out. To think about it, id trade in my reprint of vol 1 for the john watson painted variant cause i like the homage covers.

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    Just ordered the opena uxm v3. That other cover, no matter drawn by what artist, looks plain dull. Also as someone said above, people buying 4 copies and some others thinking about the collectible nature/price down the line (that whole argument about first print copies having something in the spine) definitely account for it selling out. To think about it, id trade in my reprint of vol 1 for the john watson painted variant cause i like the homage covers.
    Just to be clear; I didn't buy 4 copies for the "collectible nature/price down the line".

My wife ordered it for me while I was in surgery. As she was on her phone, she mistakenly hit the "add to cart" button multiple times. I don't know what's more worrisome; that she thought the book cost $250, or that she was ok with it.

I've already sold 2 copies on eBay for the $62.50 they were purchased for, keeping 1 copy to read and 1 copy to put on my shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Well when you have people buying 4 copies...

I think that happens pretty often on these in demand books. The shield DM variant, and the Avengers one sold out in a day or two if my memory serves.
    I remember buying the Dave Michelinie Iron Man Omnibus and Roger Stern Spider-Man Omnibus DM covers and seeing them sell out in about 30 minutes.
    Last edited by mike1981; 02-20-2016 at 08:24 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    B&N edition has better paper, better binding
    Better binding? Wasn't it a glued binding?

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    Better binding? Wasn't it a glued binding?
    Yeah I thought so too.

It's unnatural to get a cover not drawn by an artist who actual worked on the interiors of the book.
    No offense but I disagree completely. Why not just buy the cover you like the most? Who are we to declare what's 'unnatural' when buying these books? Unnatural behavior would be buying up 4 copies of the DM cover, anticipating inflated value, imo. There is a long tradition of cover artists being different from content artists going back to silver age era floppies. It's even more apropos when there are multiple artists in the volume.

Regarding the UXM v.3 cover specifically (on topic), I agree with many that the Paul Smith cover used was a poor choice. They could have used #166 or #175 which are terrific team covers. I'd argue that #168 and #173 were far more iconic covers than #167. The Opeña cover looks fine and I almost feel sorry for those who bought a cover(s) based on the anticipated value they expect when they flip it. Even sorrier for those suckers paying some inflated amount for these artificial 'rarities'.

Further on topic, I flipped thru mine and was more pleased to see that Cory and his team did correct /add the spot color bruise mark on Kitty's forehead during the fight in #168. I brought it up on the MMW forum and it's a credit to him that they read/listen to users who buy these books for the content.
    Last edited by banky; 02-20-2016 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    No offense but I disagree completely. Why not just buy the cover you like the most? Who are we to declare what's 'unnatural' when buying these books? Unnatural behavior would be buying up 4 copies of the DM cover, anticipating inflated value, imo. There is a long tradition of cover artists being different from content artists going back to silver age era floppies. It's even more apropos when there are multiple artists in the volume.

Regarding the UXM v.3 cover specifically (on topic), I agree with many that the Paul Smith cover used was a poor choice. They could have used #166 or #175 which are terrific team covers. I'd argue that #168 and #173 were far more iconic covers than #167. The Opeña cover looks fine and I almost feel sorry for those who bought a cover(s) based on the anticipated value they expect when they flip it. Even sorrier for those suckers paying some inflated amount for these artificial 'rarities'.

Further on topic, I flipped thru mine and was more pleased to see that Cory and his team did correct /add the spot color bruise mark on Kitty's forehead during the fight in #168. I brought it up on the MMW forum and it's a credit to him that they read/listen to users who buy these books for the content.
    That was you who requested it? I literally just read your post and his reply the other day. Thats awesome man! Great eye, shows how much they really do care! This is my first time with the material but can't wait to see it

I normally agree with you but I do love some of those Alex Ross homage covers.
    (Also, I figure this is somewhat of a tongue in cheek comment anyway)