Page 164 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 641141541601611621631641651661671681742142646641164 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    And others also said the marvel omni has extras the b&n and ohcs dont. so that explains it.
    Who said that?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    Just to be clear; I didn't buy 4 copies for the "collectible nature/price down the line".

My wife ordered it for me while I was in surgery. As she was on her phone, she mistakenly hit the "add to cart" button multiple times. I don't know what's more worrisome; that she thought the book cost $250, or that she was ok with it.
    Now that's funny lol

I have the B&N Ultimate Spider-Man proto-omni but due to all these comments regarding better binding and more extras now I wonder if the Marvel version is actually better and if I should pick it up instead of this one, before it becomes impossible to get.

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    No offense but I disagree completely. Why not just buy the cover you like the most? Who are we to declare what's 'unnatural' when buying these books? Unnatural behavior would be buying up 4 copies of the DM cover, anticipating inflated value, imo. There is a long tradition of cover artists being different from content artists going back to silver age era floppies. It's even more apropos when there are multiple artists in the volume.

Regarding the UXM v.3 cover specifically (on topic), I agree with many that the Paul Smith cover used was a poor choice. They could have used #166 or #175 which are terrific team covers. I'd argue that #168 and #173 were far more iconic covers than #167. The Opeña cover looks fine and I almost feel sorry for those who bought a cover(s) based on the anticipated value they expect when they flip it. Even sorrier for those suckers paying some inflated amount for these artificial 'rarities'.

Further on topic, I flipped thru mine and was more pleased to see that Cory and his team did correct /add the spot color bruise mark on Kitty's forehead during the fight in #168. I brought it up on the MMW forum and it's a credit to him that they read/listen to users who buy these books for the content.
    My comment was tongue in cheek; buy whatever cover you like.

Also, you obviously read my post, but neglected to register why I ended up with 4 copies. That seems unnatural.

My comment was tongue in cheek; buy whatever cover you like.

Also, you obviously read my post, but neglected to register why I ended up with 4 copies. That seems unnatural.
    Actually, I read about it when it was quoted later, naturally. My apologies if you took offense but I stand by my comment that the intentional purchase of multiples for profit would be unnatural. Your case does not fall into that , as it is clearly accidental.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    I have the B&N Ultimate Spider-Man proto-omni but due to all these comments regarding better binding and more extras now I wonder if the Marvel version is actually better and if I should pick it up instead of this one, before it becomes impossible to get.
    So is it glued binding? And about how many pages of extras does it have? Ill let you know how many the marvel one has when its gets here in a couple days. Also the solicitations says the B&n has 900something pages and the marvel one has 1000something pages.

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    Actually, I read about it when it was quoted later, naturally. My apologies if you took offense but I stand by my comment that the intentional purchase of multiples for profit would be unnatural. Your case does not fall into that , as it is clearly accidental.
    I accept your apology for your being offensive.

In the future, read a post to completion as opposed to manipulating comments into meeting your needs.

So is it glued binding? And about how many pages of extras does it have? Ill let you know how many the marvel one has when its gets here in a couple days. Also the solicitations says the B&n has 900something pages and the marvel one has 1000something pages.
    The BN edition has 992 pages vs the standard's 1000; it's only a minor difference.

As I already said, the B&N binding is flawless. It has all of the extras from the OHC's.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Just in case it wasn't mentioned, the Marvel printing of the USM Omnibus doesn't have all the extras from the OHCs - it's missing most from volume 3, though it has some.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    As I already said, the B&N binding is flawless. It has all of the extras from the OHC's.
    This is untrue, as others have pointed out. The BN edition has glued binding and terrible gutter loss.

I'm curious to see pics of the B&N vs Marvel Edition.

To the internets!
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I'm curious to see pics of the B&N vs Marvel Edition.

To the internets!
    If you find them please share!! I searched a bit but to no luck

If you find them please share!! I searched a bit but to no luck
    I looked around and saw nothing that can be used to compare.

But to be fair it's sunday morning and my effort level is:

The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

This is untrue, as others have pointed out. The BN edition has glued binding and terrible gutter loss.
    The BN edition has excellent glued binding and no gutter loss. Binding isn't always as simple as glued vs sewn. Hell, even sewn binding still uses glue. The BN paper stock is superior, and it isn't missing any extras.