Page 17 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127671175171017 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    A "solid" chance? No.
    A chance? Maybe.
    But, I'd just go with the OHCs. I guarantee you that in the end, they'll cost you less and they'll hold together a lot better than a Marvel omnibus. I've got the first three and - like another poster said - they're nice.
    What is the build quality like on the Daredevil OHC's?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    What is the build quality like on the Daredevil OHC's?
    Fairly typical of marvels current series OHCs. Will hold up well since they are smaller, but not the best paperstock marvel has ever used.

Waid's Daredevil is a lot of fun and a great read. Totally worth it.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Gonna repost this since it got wrapped up in the page cut:
    How are the Runaways and Best of Spider-Man OHC's? And Astonishing X-Men?

Also, Waid's Daredevil is amazing. Definitely a must read.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Best news out of these solicits for me!!
    Can I be the voice of dissension here and say that I really don't get all the hype and praise for the DnA GOTG run? I picked up their Ultimate Collection TP v1 last year when the movie came out and after reading it, I don't understand all the hype. The plots felt forced and I couldn't really get a handle on what was going on. I'd have to go back and re-read parts to try and understand the back-story. Granted, this was the first sampling I'd done of the modern Marvel Cosmic books but the whole thing left me a little confused and unimpressed.

Around that time I'd also picked up the Valentino GOTG collection TP v1 & really enjoyed that one.

Spectacular Member

Of course they would reprint UXM Vol. 1 after I just dropped $150 for it on eBay. At least I got the best edition...

heres some pics of the hawkeye and dd ohcs for the people who wanted them
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marth555; 10-21-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marth555 View Post
    heres some pics of the hawkeye and dd ohcs for the people who wanted them
    You the man, Marth-ie Brown!
    Cyclops was right

Incredible Member

Speaking of OHC's, what are we thinking in regards to Star Wars? I know if they do it, OHC's of the regular titles will take another what, year or two? I'm just really hoping the Vader Down crossover goes straight to OHC as its first collected form, but I don't know how likely that is from Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post

Also, Waid's Daredevil is amazing. Definitely a must read.
    You'll get different answers on Best of Spider-man but I thought it was mixed bag that started better then it ended. Some interesting stories for sure but a lot of less-then-world-class stuff as well. I found each one years ago for about $10 each so it was easily worth it for me. And I'm only talking about the JMS stuff. I haven't bothered with the other comics so someone else will have to fill in there.

Which AXM are you talking about? The only one I've read is the Joss Whedon run and it is well liked and one of my favorite comic runs. Great dialog, fun moments, some weak plots but overall great. Captures a modern sort of 80s claremont but without the wordiness or nearly as much melodrama.

It's the only run in which I liked Cyclops.
    Last edited by Captain Planet; 10-21-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    You'll get different answers on Best of Spider-man but I thought it was mixed bag that started better then it ended. Some interesting stories for sure but a lot of less-then-world-class stuff as well. I found each one years ago for about $10 each so it was easily worth it for me. And I'm only talking about the JMS stuff. I haven't bothered with the other comics so someone else will have to fill in there.

Which AXM are you talking about? The only one I've read is the Joss Whedon run and it is well liked and one of my favorite comic runs. Great dialog, fun moments, some weak plots but overall great. Captures a modern sort of 80s claremont but without the wordiness or nearly as much melodrama.

It's the only run in which I liked Cyclops.
    Yeah, I've read all the content already. I personally feel like the JMS stuff is great until JRJR leaves, then Sins Past happens, is as bad as people say it is, then the book hasn't recovered since then (aside from maybe some of the Mark Waid/Joe Kelly stuff).

I'm mostly curious about build quality.

Just orders Runaways OHC Vol 1 and 2 used good and very good off Amazon for 9 and 4 bucks. Hopefully it pays of. I got Godbutcher for 5 , and its in perfect condition, so fingers crossed this works out similarly.
    Cyclops was right

Yeah, I've read all the content already. I personally feel like the JMS stuff is great until JRJR leaves, then Sins Past happens, is as bad as people say it is, then the book hasn't recovered since then (aside from maybe some of the Mark Waid/Joe Kelly stuff).

I'm mostly curious about build quality.

Just orders Runaways OHC Vol 1 and 2 used good and very good off Amazon for 9 and 4 bucks. Hopefully it pays of. I got Godbutcher for 5 , and its in perfect condition, so fingers crossed this works out similarly.
    Build quality is the standard from back in the day. Thick paper with faux leather wrap around. I'm pretty sure it's a glued binding - nearly every OHC was back then. Solid and due to the smaller size the glued binding doesn't really hinder reading.

For AXM. If it's the omnibus then it's a solid old school omnibus. Sewn - opens up completely with the thicker paper and the smooth faux leather wrap around.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    What is going on with the Moon Knight Epic solicit on IST:
    (W) C. Willow Wilson, Dan Slott (A) Adrian Alphona, Giuseppe Camuncoli (CA)Kris Anka Ghosts, werewolves and things that go crazy in the night! Marvel's multiple-personality midnight marauder takes the fight to the strangest rogues' gallery in all of comics - from Arsenal, the one-man army, to the nun with a crossbow known as Stained Glass Scarlet. The Jester is no joke, for either Moon Knight or Daredevil. Then there's Morpheus, who's guaranteed to give you sleepless nights. But the old foes are the worst: enemies like Midnight Man and Bushman, who have returned to plague Marc Spector. Or is he Steven Grant? Jake Lockley? As always with Moon Knight, the voices inside his head can be as destructive as the lunatics trying to kill him! Doug Moench and Bill Sienkiewicz hit full stride in a super-hero comic like no other! Collecting MOON KNIGHT (1980) #5-23. Rated T+
    Did they mix up some ASM and Ms. Marvel solicits with this one? I'm not sure any of those creators were alive when this material came out.
    They must've mixed up the credits with the Ms. Marvel OHC that includes the Spidey crossover from the pages of ASM, written by Slott and drawn by Camuncoli. The "C" in G. Willow Wilson's name is the cherry on top of the typo.

I like the build better than current OHCs. Plus, I think the Best of Spider-Man volumes are the only oversized JRJR Spidey, so that's a plus in my book. Story-wise, the title is rather deceiving, though. I would've liked them as "Amazing Spider-Man", dropping the PP:SM issues (even when those were significantly better), simply because it is the main title. When it comes to Astonishing, I'd take the two OHCs over the Omnibus, but that's just me.

From the January solicits, I'll probably get the Spidey Epic and the DD by Waid vol. 5 (when does vol. 4 come out? I fear the spines won't match the first three since it's now being labelled "by Mark Waid and Chris Samnee"...). Has Captain America: White been good so far?
    Last edited by JJ87; 10-21-2015 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Fairly typical of marvels current series OHCs. Will hold up well since they are smaller, but not the best paperstock marvel has ever used.

Waid's Daredevil is a lot of fun and a great read. Totally worth it.
    Paperstock wise are we looking at the Infinity OHC or better?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Paperstock wise are we looking at the Infinity OHC or better?
    It's better. Not much but there's a definite difference.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    They must've mixed up the credits with the Ms. Marvel OHC that includes the Spidey crossover from the pages of ASM, written by Slott and drawn by Camuncoli. The "C" in G. Willow Wilson's name is the cherry on top of the typo.

I like the build better than current OHCs. Plus, I think the Best of Spider-Man volumes are the only oversized JRJR Spidey, so that's a plus in my book. Story-wise, the title is rather deceiving, though. I would've liked them as "Amazing Spider-Man", dropping the PP:SM issues (even when those were significantly better), simply because it is the main title. When it comes to Astonishing, I'd take the two OHCs over the Omnibus, but that's just me.

From the January solicits, I'll probably get the Spidey Epic and the DD by Waid vol. 5 (when does vol. 4 come out? I fear the spines won't match the first three since it's now being labelled "by Mark Waid and Chris Samnee"...). Has Captain America: White been good so far?
    Amazon has volume 4 listed as that as well. It also has it as coming out in February 2016.