Page 172 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 721221621681691701711721731741751761822222726721172 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Very well then! Thanks for the input guys. When my work travels take me out that way in two more weeks I'll see about picking it up then!

I wonder if it's likely to be collected in any future UXM Omni volumes?
    That same 2-issue Alpha Flight miniseries was included in the recent X-Men Epic Collection, The Gift. Could be slated for a future omni too, but there's no telling.

You might also consider the OOP TPB, X-Men Legends Vol. 3: Arthur Adams. Double-dips the contents of Asgardians Wars, so you should probably get one or the other.
    Last edited by Near Mint; 02-24-2016 at 04:01 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Be real nice if Marvel would reprint that first Ennis Marvel Knights Punisher Omnibus. Yes indeed, that'd be nice.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    I'm pretty sure I know the answer after frequenting this board for years now but if I didn't enjoy the earlier crossovers listed above should I even bother trudging through the later ones such as X-Tinction Agenda, Bishop's Crossing, or Fatal Attractions?
    I really enjoyed X-Cutioner's Song and Bishop's Crossing from that era. They were both first reads. Fatal Attractions, which a ton of people really enjoy, is where I hit a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Be real nice if Marvel would reprint that first Ennis Marvel Knights Punisher Omnibus. Yes indeed, that'd be nice.
    Agreed. I thought about trying to track down the OHCs but the thought of it not being finished in that format would mess with my OCD lol.

Does anynone know when we are getting the Lee Captain America vol. 1 Omnibus re-print?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Oh wow, you've never read the Dark Phoenix Saga or Days of Futures Past?
    Count me in that group... and I have almost all X-Men Omnis and OHCs :/

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    You don't have to read them in order. I am sure a lot of us here started Uncanny well after the Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne years and still haven't read them all.

The X-Men artists have always been the high point for me. John Byrne penciled the most iconic of story arcs but I also love the Marc Silvestri and Jim Lee years.

So dig into that UXM vol 3 ALREADY!!
    It's probably an OCD thing, I know I'm the same way. I like to read in chronological order.... to a fault.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Just finished with Captain America: White. I have to say, after loving pretty much all the Loeb/Sale collaborations, this one left me a little cold.

One thing I have always loved about Loeb; even his "bad" stuff had energy to it. He would throw in cameos and villains, when it seems most writers are scared to have heroes actually fight, you know, villains. Cap White, however, was sorely lacking in that front, and what we were left with was a dull "bromance" with little weight behind it. Sale's art was fantastic as ever, but overall this was too much navel gazing and not enough fun.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Agreed. I thought about trying to track down the OHCs but the thought of it not being finished in that format would mess with my OCD lol.

Does anynone know when we are getting the Lee Captain America vol. 1 Omnibus re-print?
    Yeah, early May, round about the 3rd or so.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    If you guys think Claremont is wordy, I'm assuming you all haven't read Lee and Kirby's F4 run. Very good run but getting through each issue takes some serious time. This is actually the first time I've ever heard criticism for Claremont.
    Then you haven't had seen people review his more recent work.

His Exiles books were awful, so bad that they made the Chuck Austen ones look good! But as bad as his modern books are his earlier work is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    I really enjoyed X-Cutioner's Song and Bishop's Crossing from that era. They were both first reads. Fatal Attractions, which a ton of people really enjoy, is where I hit a wall.
    Fatal Attraction was amazing when it came out not too sure how it would stand up today, the same goes for Bishops Crossing and X-Cutioners Song. X-Tinction Agenda isn't a book I have read.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Yeah, early May, round about the 3rd or so.
    Cheers, been waiting a while for this one.
    Last edited by PLEDGE; 02-25-2016 at 04:29 AM.

Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

I'll weigh in on some of the Claremont (and beyond) OHCs and Omnis (I recently read his entire run)

UXM omni 1 - good stuff
    UXM omni 2 - good stuff
    UXM omni 3 - good stuff, I actually enjoyed the issues here more than the non dark phoenix stuff from volume 2
    Asgardian Wars - never read, but picked up for completion because the art is awesome
    MM - good stuff, really good
    FOTM - I've only read the UXM issues here, but they were good
    Inferno - read the whole thing, and only the UXM issues are good (well, the excalibur issues are good too, but those are in the companion
    UXM Claremont/Lee 1 - Some awesome issues here and there and the art is good, but some of it is a slog
    Xtinction Agenda- Some gorgeous Jim Lee art and a very good story
    UXM Claremont/Lee 2 - Absolutely love this volume. Can't recommend it enough. Awesome Magneto stuff, Apocalypse, Shadow King, Blue/gold teams, etc. So nostalgic. Only weak points are the X-Factor issues featuring iceman (at least the portacio art is great)
    Bishop's Crossing - Art is good, but I am surprisingly having a hard time getting through this one! So I will agree with previous comments
    Xcutioner's Song- Good story, good art
    Fatal Attractions - Haven't read in awhile, but I remember really enjoying it. Art kicks ass and there are some big moments here.
    Bloodties- I enjoyed this arc.
    Phalanx Covenant - I remember enjoying the Cyclops/Wolvie/Jean parts, but the other parts were a struggle

Does anyone know how to purchase the Marvel Mightiest Heroes graphic novel collection? I don't believe it was published in America. When you put all the spines together it makes a sweet Adi Granov photo. Trying to figure out how to order it and shipped to America?

Incredible Member

Claremont's X-Men work forms a bit of a contradiction for me.
    Love the massive feeling you get from his long-form, serialized storytelling, and in a way, that's what makes his work special. However, the excess of captions can really turn his work into a slog.
    I find it best to collect my favorite of his stories and do my best to appreciate the larger context which they come from.
    His Wolverine mini with Frank Miller and the following couple issues of X-Men featuring Wolverine and Mariko give me the perfect dose of Claremont. Epic, beautifully told, and brisk.

What really pulled me into wanting the try the x men was the 90s animated series. When I was a kid I always slept in on saturdays and had a hard time catching it. But now as an adult I find myself wanting to watch it. And I watched the first 10 or so epsidoes over a year agao and loved it. I know the show takes from the comics which made me want to experience the material in its original format. For me a book is always better than the show/movie(usually). The movies were hit and miss for me but last few have been great. I wish I started collecting/getting into comics earlier so I wouldn't have to wait for vol 1 or some of the other oop ohc'omnis.

On another note I flipped through vol 3 and love how it has all those bios on the characters. And the designs on the x mansion, their ship, wolverine, cyclops visor. Awesome xtras, wish all omnis had something like this.(new avengers had some cool bios on the jail break characters). What other omnis/ohcs have cool extras? I know kurts avengers vol 1 has bios (I think) which I plan on picking up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    What really pulled me into wanting the try the x men was the 90s animated series. When I was a kid I always slept in on saturdays and had a hard time catching it. But now as an adult I find myself wanting to watch it. And I watched the first 10 or so epsidoes over a year agao and loved it. I know the show takes from the comics which made me want to experience the material in its original format. For me a book is always better than the show/movie(usually). The movies were hit and miss for me but last few have been great. I wish I started collecting/getting into comics earlier so I wouldn't have to wait for vol 1 or some of the other oop ohc'omnis.

On another note I flipped through vol 3 and love how it has all those bios on the characters. And the designs on the x mansion, their ship, wolverine, cyclops visor. Awesome xtras, wish all omnis had something like this.(new avengers had some cool bios on the jail break characters). What other omnis/ohcs have cool extras? I know kurts avengers vol 1 has bios (I think) which I plan on picking up soon.
    I think at least one of the West coast Avengers omnis have character bios and detailed descriptions with pictures of Clint's quiver, arrows and flying bike. Loved those as a kid since we got a very limited amount of comics published in Hungary this was a good way to get to know the characters.