Page 176 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 761261661721731741751761771781791801862262766761176 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
    True. But even professed fans, like Kieron Gillen, get disillusioned from not retaining any rights to the characters they create for their Marvel storylines. I think Wolverine was probably too early on for that to factor into his writing then. By now though, he's probably seeing better money from his original stuff being optioned for TV.
    Is Gillen better in creator owned? Tried 3 or 4 of his books and all fell extremely flat for me. Even Young avengers (although it felt like he tried too hard on that).

Quote Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
    True. But even professed fans, like Kieron Gillen, get disillusioned from not retaining any rights to the characters they create for their Marvel storylines. I think Wolverine was probably too early on for that to factor into his writing then. By now though, he's probably seeing better money from his original stuff being optioned for TV.
    Again, I doubt that's the case here, as his two most recent Marvel series are also his most well received.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Is Gillen better in creator owned? Tried 3 or 4 of his books and all fell extremely flat for me. Even Young avengers (although it felt like he tried too hard on that).
    The Wicked + The Divine is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    I was thinking about picking the deluxe up when it comes out but after YA I'm not sure.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Volume 2 of Phonogram (The Singles Club) is good too. Didn't like the first volume so much though.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Aaron Wolverine omnibus was horrible but I've always been curious about his WatXM
    Starts off good but starts to go downhill when they brought in AvX.

Mighty Member

His JiM is one of the best things I've read in the last 2 years. Also considering W&D when it comes out even though I initially wasn't interested. The rotating artists has me hesitant.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    His JiM is one of the best things I've read in the last 2 years. Also considering W&D when it comes out even though I initially wasn't interested. The rotating artists has me hesitant.
    Oh didn't know there were more artists on the book I thought it's the same guy who did YA (McKelvie?) whos art is really don't care about so it's actually good news for me (although it might suit W+D more than superhero stuff).
    I remember looking up JiM recently and the complete collection is oop?

It is surprisingly good as I was interested in neither the creative team or the plot but i read the first issue and it was enough to order the collection.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Aaron Wolverine omnibus was horrible but I've always been curious about his WatXM
    Overall I wouldn't say Aaron's Wolverine is horrible, however it did have some weak spots IMO. I never could quite get into his WatXM. It just seemed a little too goofy and shoehorned editorially (whether it was or not I have no idea).

His Thor, on the other hand, is probably the most consistently awesome Marvel book over the past 2 or 3 years. Also if you're digging Scalped, try The Other Side which he wrote for Vertigo back then. Great stuff!

While on topic, I've enjoyed his Star Wars thus far too!

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

I enjoyed the first three WatXM for the Chris Bachalo art. It was a fun read.

The team of Aaron and Bachalo are together on Doctor Strange right now so I'm happy.

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    There's no sense to how Marvel puts out books.

Since the Marvel NOW Era, we've had books go from TPB to OHC, standard trim HC to Omnibus, TPB to Omnibus, or a collection of all 3.

Marvel has seemed to move away from the standard trim HCs lately, however, with a safe bet on the top tier titles getting some form of oversized treatment down the line.
    That's what I was trying to make sense of! Ha ha

Marvel is in the right direction with the dustjacketless standard HCs anyway. I like to know I can be a little rough with the smaller volumes(that goes for PBs too) and not do any real damage when reading(its a book afterall). I would never be rough with a precious floppy. My precious.

Top tier? I thought Marvel's plan was too make Iron Man the face of Marvel or something like that?
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...per_Heroes.jpg
    Lately and right about now the Secret War related titles are getting the standard TPB and only a select few of the October #1s will be getting standard HC. Doctor Stange and Iron Man if I am not mistaken?

No idea about any future OHC but pre Secret Wars Uncanny,Guardians and All New X-Men can be found.
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 02-27-2016 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    His Thor, on the other hand, is probably the most consistently awesome Marvel book over the past 2 or 3 years. Also if you're digging Scalped, try The Other Side which he wrote for Vertigo back then
    I've heard a lot of good stuff about his Thor. Is it worth collecting?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I've heard a lot of good stuff about his Thor. Is it worth collecting?
    As someone who never really was a fan of Thor, i liked it a lot.

Mighty Member

Oh didn't know there were more artists on the book I thought it's the same guy who did YA (McKelvie?) whos art is really don't care about so it's actually good news for me (although it might suit W+D more than superhero stuff).
    I remember looking up JiM recently and the complete collection is oop?
    It appears you're right about mckelvie. He is credited as artist on all the issues. I could have sworn someone on here mentioned there were rotating artists through the last several issues and it turned them off, but i guess that was something else. Also, there's 2 books collecting JiM and book one does appear OOS, according to amazon at least.
    Last edited by awayne83; 02-27-2016 at 08:12 PM.