Page 180 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 801301701761771781791801811821831841902302806801180 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    Just wondering how you can tell? On the IST site they list February's past releases and this weeks. Where are you finding upcoming info?

Thanks!
    Click on comming soon. Unfortunetly there not listed in order by release date. I use cheapgraphicnovels when looking for whats comming out next

Can anyone list the upcoming OHC's? I cant see to find a good list.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Try this and use your browser's Find in Page feature to search on "HC":

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/l...for-03-02-2016

Doesn't restrict it to oversized, but it is a nice way to review them all on a single webpage.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    I just orderd the iron man on amazon thorugh CGN. Funny becuase its 10$ if you order it from amazon through CGN than if you just get it on CGN. Since i was able to save that 10$ ill be ordering the avengers one tomorrow! So ill be getting both! Hope I like his writing! Many people have said perezs art is worth the buy alone. And hopefully sean chens is good too. Chens is more modern than perez right? I believe that avengers series is from the 90s? and his iron man from 2000s?
    A lot of people like Perez on art duties...I personally think while he is technically good at drawing, his 'more is better' approach (cramming a million details into one panel) a little overwhelming. I prefer a more minimalist approach with clear focal points and space for the art to breath. Google some of his stuff..you'll know immediately if his art is for you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Search Omnibus release dates and click on Goodreads.It lists both DC and Marvel upcoming releases.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    How is age of apocalypse? Worth the purchase? I know before the reprint comming it goes for way over cover price, must be popular.
    A lot of people don't like it, but it's one of my favorite runs ever.

Spectacular Member

Is AoA enhanced by the companion? I read it once and found it really hard to follow.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    A lot of people like Perez on art duties...I personally think while he is technically good at drawing, his 'more is better' approach (cramming a million details into one panel) a little overwhelming. I prefer a more minimalist approach with clear focal points and space for the art to breath. Google some of his stuff..you'll know immediately if his art is for you or not.
    I agree with you. His Avengers work with Busiek was my first exposure to his style with all the details and vibrant coloring.

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Is AoA enhanced by the companion? I read it once and found it really hard to follow.
    I would say no. When I read AoA once ..it was during the crossover in 1995. At the time I was following UXM and XM monthly and events were called crossovers. I was told months earlier that the X-Titles were going to be named something else for four months breaking in-between UXM,XM and 5 other titles for something called AoA. Joe Madureira was drawing UXM and it became Astonishing X-Men 1-4. I was all in! What more did I need to know? Actually, there is a lot more to know. Reading Legion Quest is a good companion to AoA(no idea what format its in. I own precious floppies) issues XM38-41,UXM 319-321 and Cable 20 w/ Ian Churchill art! Then its off to AoA X-Men Alpha. There is also an Omega that bookends the whole AoA ..I think? ha ha. I never read the X-Universe 1 and 2 so I don't know how essential it is. The biggest deal with the AoA is the crossover. Seven regular X-Titles stopping for four issues because a crazy time paradox created a Marvel universe where Professor X was dead and Magneto led the X-Men! It is really not essential to read all seven titles ...Uncanny X-Men became Astonishing X-Men 1-4 and thats my favorite.
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 03-01-2016 at 06:57 AM.

The companion omnibus is just supplementary prelude and epilogue stories. I think the only thing that takes place within the main story is the two issues of X-Universe (which are collected in the correct places in the Complete Age of Apocalypse Epics and the new collections that came out within the past year).

Things like Tales from the Age of Apocalypse, X-Men Chronicles, and the X-Men: Age of Apocalypse one-shot are unnecessary, but add quite a lot of extra background to the setting. Especially Chronicles, which tells of Magneto's X-Men's origins. Other things, like Blink and the X-Man Annual and -1 issues, are weird stories tied directly to those characters (I didn't really like the Blink one, but the X-Man stories were cool). Then there's a bunch of random sequel stuff, like the X-Men: Age of Apocalypse limited series and a whole bunch of instances where the universe is revisited years later (X-Man 53-54, those Exiles issues, etc.)

So buy it if you want extra context and sequel stories. But does it "enhance" the story? Some of it does, but some of it is just a fun return to a cool world.

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    I would say no. When I read AoA once ..it was during the crossover in 1995. At the time I was following UXM and XM monthly and events were called crossovers. I was told months earlier that the X-Titles were going to be named something else for four months breaking in-between UXM and XM for something called AoA. Joe Madureira was drawing UXM and it became Astonishing X-Men 1-4. I was all in! What more did I need to know? Actually, there is a lot more to know. Reading Legion Quest is a good companion to AoA(no idea what format its in. I own precious floppies) issues XM38-41,UXM 319-321 and Cable 20 w/ Ian Churchill art! Then its off to AoA X-Men Alpha. There is also an Omega that bookends the whole AoA ..I think? ha ha. I never read the X-Universe 1 and 2 so I don't know how essential it is. The biggest deal with the AoA is the crossover. Seven regular X-Titles stopping for four issues because a crazy time paradox created a Marvel universe where Professor X was dead and Magneto led the X-Men! It is really not essential to read all seven titles ...Uncanny X-Men became Astonishing X-Men 1-4 and was my favorite.
    Thankfully, the core of Legion Quest, Alpha, and Omega are in the Omnibus. The omni also collects 8/9 X-Men series as they were retitled during the event (the exception being X-Universe, which was a retitled X-Men Unlimited). The original omnibus is quite comprehensive, but the Companion is just add-ons. Fun, but not needed.
    Last edited by Taral-DLOS; 03-01-2016 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    Search Omnibus release dates and click on Goodreads.It lists both DC and Marvel upcoming releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    Try this and use your browser's Find in Page feature to search on "HC":

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/l...for-03-02-2016

Doesn't restrict it to oversized, but it is a nice way to review them all on a single webpage.
    Thanks guys!
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

I liked Gambit and the X-Ternals 1-4. Drawn by Tony(Batman)Daniel and Salvador Larroca..written by Fabian(DEADPOOL)Niceza. Story revolves around the M'Kraan Crystal and throws back to X-Men 108(1975).
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 03-01-2016 at 07:14 AM.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Been reading through the 4th OHC of Daredevil by Waid and Co. Comics at its finest

If anything, I would say it actually detracts from the main story.

I love 90's X-Men, and AOA stands as one of the pinnacles of what made the X-Men awesome during that period. The companion, though, is terrible. It felt like complete filler; outtakes that are easy to see were left on the cutting room floor for a reason. There was a great sense of mystery to this new timeline, and you are given more than enough information to allow you to fill in any holes satisfactorily. The stories in the companion cheapened that, providing backstory that was dull and of no consequence.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    If anything, I would say it actually detracts from the main story.

I love 90's X-Men, and AOA stands as one of the pinnacles of what made the X-Men awesome during that period. The companion, though, is terrible. It felt like complete filler; outtakes that are easy to see were left on the cutting room floor for a reason. There was a great sense of mystery to this new timeline, and you are given more than enough information to allow you to fill in any holes satisfactorily. The stories in the companion cheapened that, providing backstory that was dull and of no consequence.
    I agree with everything you have written.

Strangely enough, Rick Remender wrote an issue of What If...in which Legion had killed Xavier and Magneto. The issue was terrible. Yet, whenever Remender revisited the Age of Apocalypse in Uncanny X-Force, he was able to tell a great story in that universe.