Page 182 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 821321721781791801811821831841851861922322826821182 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 20754

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    That's what I'm saying, if you buy Elektra, the DD Omnibus, and the Companion, is that everything Miller did with Daredevil? I have random chopped up trades from the 90s and I hope to replace.
    Oh; that wasn't clear with how you phrased it.

I'm uncharacteristically struggling to decide what to do about the DD companion and Elektra omnibuses. I have the main omnibus and Born Again and Man Without Fear in trade. There's a lot of other stuff I want to get that I'm not sure I can go for it.

The main problem with Elektra is I've never read any of it and the page count for the price. I mean, it's less pages than the Green Arrow by Lemire deluxe that I love and just bought for £20 but then when this stuff goes it rockets in price. Not a black and white decision and I imagine while I'm trying to decide they will both go OOP again anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I'm uncharacteristically struggling to decide what to do about the DD companion and Elektra omnibuses. I have the main omnibus and Born Again and Man Without Fear in trade. There's a lot of other stuff I want to get that I'm not sure I can go for it.

The main problem with Elektra is I've never read any of it and the page count for the price. I mean, it's less pages than the Green Arrow by Lemire deluxe that I love and just bought for £20 but then when this stuff goes it rockets in price. Not a black and white decision and I imagine while I'm trying to decide they will both go OOP again anyway...
    Well if you have any idea that you might want it, and you know its going to go oop I would go for it. What I have been doing is if I even think I might want something down the line but I know it has a strong chance of going OOP soon I get it. Even if theres some I want more that is not going to go OOP any time soon. If you decide you don't like it sell it on ebay when its oop and atleast get what you paid for it plus probably more. You said theres other stuff you want to get, I would go for whatever one is going to be OOP sooner. If a book goes OOP you have a much higher chance of selling it than a book thats in print. Maybe check it an issue digitally or look up the art work, read reviews, check one out at your LCS or rent one at a library if thats an option. But like I said if you have any idea you might even just kinda of enjoy it go for it and sell it off if you don't. Otherwise you'll be stuck paying OOP prices for such a tiny omnibus. If you think its spendy now with the page count, wait until its OOP

my x-men age of apocalypse book (reprint) has arrived today , the book is fine but the new cover just eww like x-men onslaught omnibus and x-men age of apocalypse companion cover.

p/s: cover not dust jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post

The problem with the Eletktra Omnibus is that it is more interesting than it is good. I think I'd rank Lives Again just above DKSA in Frank Millers oeuvre, and Assassin just above that. But, while they might not be good stories, they are certainly different; and if you are a Frank Miller fan, they do occupy a unique place when looking at his collected body of work.

The real question is; if you aren't really that thrilled about getting the material when it is readily available and "reasonably" priced, why would you suddenly be interested when it becomes more difficult and expensive to obtain?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    my x-men age of apocalypse book (reprint) has arrived today , the book is fine but the new cover just eww like x-men onslaught omnibus and x-men age of apocalypse companion cover.

Do you have pictures?

Are you talking about the new printing of the omnibus? I thought that didn't come out until next month...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Do you have pictures?
    apo.jpg
    apo1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    Are you talking about the new printing of the omnibus? I thought that didn't come out until next month...
    yes

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

You can't use discount prices or what foolish people pay on eBay to rationalize a ridiculous MSRP.

It's even more incredulous when you see the Superior Foes omnibus at $50 for a near identical page count.
    Well since anyone here worth their salt knows the best way to buy in the here and now and at a "best price" it's reasonable at this moment.

It's a free market system, if they didn't think they could get that ridiculous MSRP then they wouldn't price it that way. Fact is---they are getting it.
    I don't argue the page count per price isn't high but these books are hardly the only thing that has a skewed MSRP and yet people pay for shoes, handbags, makeup, dinners etc etc etc all the time....usually without the benefit of an IST to make their actual out of pocket any better.

But it, don't buy it, but if one doesn't I don't want to be hearing about the "ridiculous" after market prices a year from now. It's "reasonable" now, take advantage of that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    That's what I'm saying, if you buy Elektra, the DD Omnibus, and the Companion, is that everything Miller did with Daredevil? I have random chopped up trades from the 90s and I hope to replace.
    No there's an issue or two written by Miller preceding Born Again which are not included in the three Omnis. I think you have to get those in the DD: Miller & Janson TPs.

Spectacular Member

Indeed, how can this be the AoA reprint? The publication date is 4/19 (4/5 for direct market).

https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9780785195092/

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Well since anyone here worth their salt knows the best way to buy in the here and now and at a "best price" it's reasonable at this moment.

It's a free market system, if they didn't think they could get that ridiculous MSRP then they wouldn't price it that way. Fact is---they are getting it.
    I don't argue the page count per price isn't high but these books are hardly the only thing that has a skewed MSRP and yet people pay for shoes, handbags, makeup, dinners etc etc etc all the time....usually without the benefit of an IST to make their actual out of pocket any better.

But it, don't buy it, but if one doesn't I don't want to be hearing about the "ridiculous" after market prices a year from now. It's "reasonable" now, take advantage of that.
    That's great and all... but doesn't really address my post at all.

Getting a book that has an inflated MSRP at discount is not really a "deal," regardless of what people pay on eBay. Further, the fact that Marvel sells books of the same page count for half the cost makes the markup on this particular book stand out that much more. I was merely backing up what was posted by another member.
    Last edited by mike1981; 03-02-2016 at 07:16 AM.

Incredible Member

Indigo has shipped my copy of Secret Wars!

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

LOVE THAT! I have that cover in Chromium Foil!

JOE MADUREIRA is what AoA is all about for me my friends!

I put the INHUMAN OHC on my wish list for at least 1 2 3 issues of MAD!
    This volume completes Charles Soule's 14 issue run so its almost like an Omnibus for the series so far!
    I am getting the hang of this now

i bought this book from the black market in china , those employed inside printing plant they steal it and sell with cheap price (38$).
    Last edited by harrycuong; 03-02-2016 at 07:33 AM.