Page 183 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 831331731791801811821831841851861871932332836831183 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    i bought this book from black market in china , those employed inside printing plant they steal it and sell with cheap price (38$).
    Maaaaaaaybe not a good idea to advertise that...

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    No there's an issue or two written by Miller preceding Born Again which are not included in the three Omnis. I think you have to get those in the DD: Miller & Janson TPs.
    Those "extra" Miller issues (DD#219 & PPSSM #27-28) are actually in the DD Companion Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    Maaaaaaaybe not a good idea to advertise that...
    It's not like it's a secret. Nobody buys retail in China.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    That's what I'm saying, if you buy Elektra, the DD Omnibus, and the Companion, is that everything Miller did with Daredevil? I have random chopped up trades from the 90s and I hope to replace.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    No there's an issue or two written by Miller preceding Born Again which are not included in the three Omnis. I think you have to get those in the DD: Miller & Janson TPs.
    You're referring to issues # 219 and # 226, I believe. They are collected. The original "Born Again" tpb didn't collect # 226. I believe it was actually co-written by Miller but wasn't relevant to the story line.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    You're referring to issues # 219 and # 226, I believe. They are collected. The original "Born Again" tpb didn't collect # 226. I believe it was actually co-written by Miller but wasn't relevant to the story line.
    Yeah, DD #226 was co-written with Denny O'Neill and features Gladiator. Pretty decent "oneoff" story.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I intend to get all the new DD Omnibus but I was worried stuff would be missing. Good to know they are indeed complete!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Just dropping by to say:

- I'm not dead
    - I miss y'all
    - I cannot get excited about new trades, Secret Wars totally burned me
    - But, I'm obsessed with the big months coming up, especially the Epics and MMWs!
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Just dropping by to say:

- I'm not dead
    - I miss y'all
    - But, I'm obsessed with the big months coming up, especially the Epics and MMWs!
    Which Epics?

And what was that star wars epic people were talking about 50+ pages or so back? I think it was the one that takes place right after episode 3 maybe? It was a darth vader story and you guys were saying it was the best star wars epic. Love to check it out

Incredible Member

Just dropping by to say:

- I'm not dead
    - I miss y'all
    Have to agree here. I have not read any of it yet except for the FCBD issue 0, but the whole mash up of universes is just kind of meh to me. I look at it as the end of the 616 so I am taking this opportunity to stop being up to date with Marvel and either start spending less on this hobby, or more likely spend my money on the truck loads of quality books from other publishers.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

I am so sick and tired of relaunches, "All new..." this and "All different" that and "NOW" and blah blah blah......

Everything was better before all of this crap.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart View Post
    I am so sick and tired of relaunches, "All new..." this and "All different" that and "NOW" and blah blah blah......

Everything was better before all of this crap.
    Agreed. I don't like it either. I like some of the new books, but they don't need to keep renaming titles "All New".
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Which Epics?

And what was that star wars epic people were talking about 50+ pages or so back? I think it was the one that takes place right after episode 3 maybe? It was a darth vader story and you guys were saying it was the best star wars epic. Love to check it out
    That was Star Wars The Empire vol 1. Great book set directly after Order 66. It basically shows us everything from Vader hunting down refugee Jedi to surviving jedi. It has some brilliant Ostrander issues.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Just dropping by to say:

- I'm not dead
    - I miss y'all
    We missed you too Krisis! So you won't be reviewing the trades anymore kind of an end of an era here
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

So I have noticed a lot of the classic omnibus' being re-printed, but not much of the newer material.

I know it is just speculation, but does anyone ever see any of Brubaker's omnibus' being re-printed? I have his Daredevil complete collections and am tempted to get his Captain America run. But I would much prefer reading these in omni form.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Which Epics?
    Empire, Vol. 1. It's good, good stuff. Buy it now!

Just dropping by to say:

- I'm not dead
    - I miss y'all
    Hey, our old pal Krisis! I haven't posted (or read) much of this thread in months. I used to read it daily for 4-5 years then I kind of got bummed out myself with the newer material. I'm still buying Epics and MMWs of classic stuff though, like you. Did you pick up the Champions MMW? I was on the fence and have never read any of that material, except for Hulk Annual #7 starring Iceman & Angel, but it makes for a nice 1-and-done book. I'm curious how the content reads nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So I have noticed a lot of the classic omnibus' being re-printed, but not much of the newer material.

I know it is just speculation, but does anyone ever see any of Brubaker's omnibus' being re-printed? I have his Daredevil complete collections and am tempted to get his Captain America run. But I would much prefer reading these in omni form.
    You'd think that if they were going to do that they'd have already re-solicited either the first volume or at least the Death of Cap Omni since the big rumor is that he's going to die in the next movie, just like the comics. But then again, they might pull a "Howard the Duck" and announce it right after the movie releases, similar to how they did based on Howard's post-credits appearance in the GOTG film.

I saw one of the Fallen Son: Death of Cap TPs was coming back into print so there's your big hint right there what's going to happen.