Page 189 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 891391791851861871881891901911921931992392896891189 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 20773
    Spectacular Member Cerd the nerd's Avatar

I have spent FAR too much on books this last month or so, nevertheless I am SO tempted to order the Civil War Box Set...
    Last edited by Cerd the nerd; 03-04-2016 at 05:06 AM.

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    i thought Civil War was supposed to be pretty good?
    It is pretty good.

The Punisher has one of the best scenes in this story.
    civilwar5turner.jpg
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 03-06-2016 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    x-men age of apocalypse (new printing) & x-men age of apocalypse companion.

Attachment 33327 Attachment 33328
    AoA Omnipedias. I like em.
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 03-04-2016 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Bendis' New Avengers starts off quite good and I think materials in the omnibus are the best of the run with nice art by Finch IIRC. Uncanny Avengers is good continuation to Uncanny X-Force but I imagine someone who does not read UXF will be quite lost with the Apocalypse Twins arc.

If I want to buy 2 omnibus from IST i usually stagger the order.
    1st order = 1st omnibus + 1 PHC
    2nd order = 2nd omnibus + 1 PHC (get 2% additional discount)
    The small PHCs will absorb a bit of the shipping and you get more bang for your buck.
    Correct! The New Avengers was Avengers blown apart and put back together with Bendis and Finch in 2004.
    This team of Bendis and Finch were a "Blockbuster" in Ultimate X-Men issues 34-39 in 2003.
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 03-06-2016 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Just the main event. The rest are basically just a bunch of "what if..." stories that don't really tie-in to the main book.
    Yea, but some were better than others.
    Waid and Larroca did a good read with Spider-Man House of M.
    True its a "what if" story. This was one of the better tie-ins for me in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I guess its ok to spoil, but IIRC the big takeaway was that Wolverine regained his memory.
    I love when he takes a dive off the helicarrier when he does remember!

Peter Parker did not handle it well in SMHOM..not at all.

Another big takeaway was "the M day after" and the mutant population being wiped out to a staggering 198.
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 03-06-2016 at 08:50 AM.

I think all of the stories in the New Avengers omnibus are really good. There's no giant space stories or cities being destroyed it has great characterisation and plenty of action. It's also a gathering of the art talent that made up that period. From about 2001 until 2010 Marvel had a lot of great stuff going on, it should be remembered as a high point of the company in a few years, and nearly every artist involved is in the omnibus.

So bittersweet delivery;

My Civil War box set arrived this morning (yay!), but the books inside were damaged (boo!). It's almost as if the box had been dropped, as all the bottoms of the spines are crushed. Oh well, I've requested an exchange; it's just going to be a pain to lug this massive thing to the post office.

IMG_20160304_111435.jpgIMG_20160304_111536.jpgIMG_20160304_111604.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    So bittersweet delivery;

My Civil War box set arrived this morning (yay!), but the books inside were damaged (boo!). It's almost as if the box had been dropped, as all the bottoms of the spines are crushed. Oh well, I've requested an exchange; it's just going to be a pain to lug this massive thing to the post office.

IMG_20160304_111435.jpgIMG_20160304_111536.jpgIMG_20160304_111604.jpg
    Sorry to hear they were damaged, quite dissapointing i'm sure. But beautiful box! does the set include every single tie in?

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Well CGN does it again. So my order with Avengers by busiek vol 1 has been taking a whille(have other books in the order as well) so I checked and see that both vol 1 and vol 2 are out of stock but back in stock on the 8th. But according to IST the book is OOP and no longer available to order more copies so I don't know where CGN thinks they are getting their copies from. If some of you remember this kinda of happend with the USM omni to me but I ended up getting the last copy even though it said out of stock and they never got more copies. I emailed them but I have a bad feeling on this one.
    Wooohooo! They just shipped my order. I always fret over my orders, always worried about them. Just like USM going out of stock after I ordered and they still shipped it. They obviously watch very closely over their stock. Something I wish IST did better. Has anyone ever had an order canceled at CGN?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Wooohooo! They just shipped my order. I always fret over my orders, always worried about them. Just like USM going out of stock after I ordered and they still shipped it. They obviously watch very closely over their stock. Something I wish IST did better. Has anyone ever had an order canceled at CGN?
    I must be very fortunate because I have NEVER had a problem with CGN. Ever. Yet I constantly hear complaints about them from other people here.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I must be very fortunate because I have NEVER had a problem with CGN. Ever. Yet I constantly hear complaints about them from other people here.
    same I have yet to have any issues. Although ive only ordered about 600$ worth of books from them which is nothing compared to what Ive spent at IST. They also don't run out nearly as fast on more popular books like IST and seem to be able to get more in stock when IST claims they cannot order more copies.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

same I have yet to have any issues. Although ive only ordered about 600$ worth of books from them which is nothing compared to what Ive spent at IST. They also don't run out nearly as fast on more popular books like IST and seem to be able to get more in stock when IST claims they cannot order more copies.
    In the last several years, I've probably spent thousands of dollars at CGN. Like I said, never had one problem. Their prices are always the cheapest (right now they have a big sale going on) and they charge a flat fee. Most of the time I take advantage of this and spend a few hundred dollars at a time.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

They don't run out as quickly because they increase the price as stock gets low...

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

CGN screwed me on my first order from them. After I said it was my first order from them. They apparently don't care about gaining new business.
    Cyclops was right