Page 19 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329691195191019 ... LastLast

Deady Genesis is retcon trash

Incredible Member

As I have gathered many of the ohc's on my list I am moving into more I am generally curious about. How are the Bruce Jones Hulk volumes? It looks like they go for a reasonable amount, but I am totally unfamiliar with this era of Hulk.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    As I have gathered many of the ohc's on my list I am moving into more I am generally curious about. How are the Bruce Jones Hulk volumes? It looks like they go for a reasonable amount, but I am totally unfamiliar with this era of Hulk.
    Started ok enough but rapidly degenerates into an x-files ish type spy saga with no real direction and the hulk rarely appears for issues on end. Characters act out of character and return from the dead, unexplained.

Long time Hulk fans generally consider this era as laughable and forgettable. It was thankfully later (sort of) retconed by PAD. At the time I dropped the book after 18 consecutive years of reading if that tells you anything.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Started ok enough but rapidly degenerates into an x-files ish type spy saga with no real direction and the hulk rarely appears for issues on end. Characters act out of character and return from the dead, unexplained.

Long time Hulk fans generally consider this era as laughable and forgettable. It was thankfully later (sort of) retconed by PAD. At the time I dropped the book after 18 consecutive years of reading if that tells you anything.
    Thanks. How about Aaron's run? I have enjoyed what I have read of his (Thor & Punisher), but he seems to be a fairly hit and miss author with people on here.
    Last edited by Brewman; 10-23-2015 at 06:57 PM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post

Yeah, what a strange run. Had a ton of potential and then just drizzled off. I think the art was a problem as well in that all the women looked alike and I wasn't sure who was who. And yeah, people just come back from the death without explanation. I remember when PAD sort of retconned this I was mad for all of a minute.

I actually made it through this, but couldn't handle Pak's run after WWH ended.

Thanks. How about Aaron's run? I have enjoyed what I have read of his (Thor & Punisher), but he seems to be a fairly hit and miss author with people on here.
    Personally, I didn't mind it, but there are a lot of people who didn't like it. That said, I like Aaron's Thor and couldn't stand his Punisher, so that tells you probably where I fall with his Marvel stuff. I am enjoying Scalped, though.

I liked Scalped but the constant cursing made me bored after a bit. Really liked his early Thor, Cap, and Uncanny Avengers but all those runs he lost his mind on. For me he's a strong start followed by insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I liked Scalped but the constant cursing made me bored after a bit. Really liked his early Thor, Cap, and Uncanny Avengers but all those runs he lost his mind on. For me he's a strong start followed by insanity.
    I think you're mistaking some of Remender for Aaron. Remender did UA and Cap. But, yes, there is a lot of swearing in Scalped but it's in character with the gritty lifestyle so I never felt it imho was that gratuitous.

oops, your right I was mushing them together.

I quite enjoyed it, it isn't a typical Hulk book but was well written and enjoyable with the exception of the Hulk movie Crusher Creel tie in.

I'm not a big Hulk fan, never read any of the classic runs but started reading Aaron's and really didn't care about it until the contents of vol2, starting with the issue drawn by Dillon (maybe because I hate Silvestri's art?). Haven't read it since it came out but I remember it fondly as an insane romp that made me laugh a lot of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Nah, stopped going to the one in Birmingham as they started to move away from comics and now all they seem to have are old footballers and funko pops
    They've always had a lot of football stuff since it was Memorabilia a few years ago. I don't like how many bloody funko pop and anime type stalls there are now, at the one in march I think they had the sum total of 4 comic stalls!

So This is happening:
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/...ic-con-report/

Very excited for the Classic Dr. Strange Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by Danny77 View Post
    So This is happening:
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/...ic-con-report/

Very excited for the Classic Dr. Strange Omnibus

Bout damn time!

Finally! The Doc Strange Omni!