Page 198 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 981481881941951961971981992002012022082482986981198 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 20769
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Canucked, you can update the Omnibus Best Selling List on page one. It should now read as follows:

1. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,308 units (in February 2016)
    2. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 - 2,251 (April 2014)
    3. SHIELD Complete Collection Omnibus – 1,983 (October 2015)
    4. Deadpool Minibus – 1,954 (September 2014)
    5. Star Wars The Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 1 – 1,887 (January 2015)
    6. Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus – 1,837 (July 2014)

I was thinking, once we reach ten Omnibusses, we can limit it and leave it as a Top 10 List. What say you?
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 03-08-2016 at 03:53 AM.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    I'm a terrible person and bought the new printing of the Elektra Omnibus...

For only $65 more than the Inhuman OHC, you get 48 more pages of material and the word "Omnibus" on the spine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    .....and cancelled, was always on the fence with this one, I did have the first printing many years ago but I sold it so I can't have been that impressed, won't be buying any more ripoffnibus's at that size any more, was caught out with the Hawkeyes book, never again.
    Here's a comparison photo with the original printing

image.jpg

*edit: any idea how to get my image to not post upside down?
    Last edited by WinterSoldier76; 03-08-2016 at 04:38 AM.

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Technically this omnibus would collect the start of Peter Parker Spider-Man (which just went under the title 'Spider-Man' at the time), not the Amazing series. Spidey is my favourite character, and I have contemplated selling off most of my collection, keeping only the best of the best...so that I could just focus on collecting all of Spider-Man. But then I come to my senses and realise this is not practical when it comes to space, since there will be no end to Spider-Man material...and I don't really want crappy stories on my shelf even if they are based on my favourite character or because they have an 'Omnibus' label. Much rather a balanced collection of different characters and publishers, with every book being top notch quality.
    Hey there PLEDGE.
    Spider-Man is my fav too. I have been collecting Amazing Spider-Man comics for many years. With that also includes Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man..Web of Spider-Man and everything else that came out for the past 30 years. My main focus when back issue buying years ago was on ASM above all the rest.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Canucked, you can update the Omnibus Best Selling List on page one. It should now read as follows:

I was thinking, once we reach ten Omnibusses, we can limit it and leave it as a Top 10 List. What say you?
    I'm not Canucked but my $.02 is I like this idea.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It's been added. Thanks for doing that

Also, I love that Superior Foes did well. I'm glad that book is spreading around. And at a more reasonable price than other omnibus at similar sizes...not naming names.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I picked up that Asagardian Wars hardcover from that comic shop I rarely get to if anyone recalls me asking about the book.
    I hemmed and hawed on getting it thinking that since it's Claremont the material might show up in an UXM vol.4 or would a vol.5 be more likely IF, yes IF it got that far.
    At any rate I got it and look forward to reading it later.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for February 2016 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list (position, title, est. sales). For the sake of clarity, I've highlighted those books that premiered this month.

24. Captain America White OHC - 2,327
    25. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,308

36. Howard the Duck Omnibus - 1,835
    63. Superior Foes Spider-Man Omnibus - 1,445
    68. Giant Size Little Marvel OHC - 1,375
    71. Captain America Trial of Captain America Omnibus - 1,331
    72. Marvel Masterworks Daredevil HC Vol. 10 - 1,329
    73. Daredevil By Mark Waid OHC Vol. 4 - 1,320
    74. Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection Return of Sinister Six - 1,307
    76. Uncanny X-Men OHC Vol. 1 - 1,264
    78. Marvel Masterworks Champions HC Vol. 1 - 1,249
    85. X-Men Gambit Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 1,166

86. Marvel 75th Anniversary Omnibus - 1,163
    87. Dark Tower Omnibus Slipcase Set - 1,152
    92. Oz Omnibus - 1,129
    95. Deadpool By Daniel Way Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 1,097
    102. Avengers By Jonathan Hickman OHC Vol. 3 - 1,059
    103. Golden Age Captain America Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,045
    104. X-Men Age of Apocalypse Omnibus Companion - 1,036
    118. Howard the Duck Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 923
    129. Iron Man By Kurt Busiek and Sean Chen Omnibus - 888
    130. Spider-Man By Roger Stern Omnibus - 865
    154. Young Avengers By Gillen and Mckelvie Omnibus - 764
    171. Stand Omnibus Slipcase - 669
    199. X-Force Omnibus Vol. 1 - 594
    208. Ultimate Comics Avengers By Mark Millar Omnibus - 568
    246. Acts of Vengeance Crossovers Omnibus - 497
    262. Muppets Omnibus - 484
    290. Deadpool By Daniel Way Complete Collection Vol. 2 -455

Some observations:
    An impressive but expected high number for Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 3. This actually gives it pole position with regards to the highest amount of units shifted of any Omnibus in its premiere month (that I’m aware of).
    Two Marvel Masterworks HCs in one month, Daredevil Vol. 10 and Champions Vol. 1, both achieved respectable results.
    Another month of “clearance” Omnibusses. This time only 15 as opposed to 25 last month but still quite a fair number. If anyone has an interest in any, I would encourage purchasing them whilst they last, in particular Spider-Man by Stern, Iron Man by Busiek, Oz and Captain America.
    I also noticed there was a ton of Essentials on the list, it would almost seem that every Essential out there as well as a few Marvel Masterworks TPBs. So you can expect to see these at bargain prices in the upcoming months.
    For the sake of clarity, I’ve highlighted the new entries this month.
    Surprised CAp america white beat UXM vol 3. I don't know anything about comic sales what is considered to be a high seller or not, but was hoping UXM would be number 1 to increase the chances of a vol 4. Oh well, its only been out for a short ammount of time, more sales will come in as time goes on. Then again I don't think high sales automatically means another volume.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Surprised CAp america white beat UXM vol 3. I don't know anything about comic sales what is considered to be a high seller or not, but was hoping UXM would be number 1 to increase the chances of a vol 4. Oh well, its only been out for a short ammount of time, more sales will come in as time goes on. Then again I don't think high sales automatically means another volume.
    It did really good though. And while Omnis are selling well, they are still a real, REAL niche product. The Cap book is sailing on hype for the movie, a stellar pedigree and a fraction of the price. And it has no volume number attached to it, so it gets to fly solo while at the same time being part of a series.

EDIT: It also only beat it by a couple of books.
    Last edited by Canucked; 03-08-2016 at 10:16 AM.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I'd totally add it, but seeing as they just reprinted it in the 40th anniversary book AND it's mostly an X-Men story, I thought it could be left out.
    Is Deadly Genesis any good? And is the reprint OHC?
    I just looked on my bookshelf and it seems to be one of the ones I'm missing.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

So does anyone in the UK have their UXM Vol 3 yet? It's shown as out of stock on Amazon since release and mine has yet to dispatch?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    It did really good though. And while Omnis are selling well, they are still a real, REAL niche product. The Cap book is sailing on hype for the movie, a stellar pedigree and a fraction of the price. And it has no volume number attached to it, so it gets to fly solo while at the same time being part of a series.

EDIT: It also only beat it by a couple of books.
    As Canucked wrote, Cap White is a lot cheaper than UXM Omni 3 and the popular "all-in-one"/"event" OHCS sell better than "pricey" Omnibusses.

UXM Omni 3 actually sold extremely well. No other Omnibus I know of has shifted more units in its premiere month. You can rest assured that Marvel has noted its high preorder figures. Amazon.co.uk already seems to be out of stock of it's initial batch.

I suspect we'll get a Vol. 4 two or so years down the road.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Is Deadly Genesis any good? And is the reprint OHC?
    I just looked on my bookshelf and it seems to be one of the ones I'm missing.
    It sets up a big portion of War of Kings by introducing a main player. I enjoyed it and have the PHC, it is contained in the 40th anniversary book which is an OHC. I skipped that one because the rest of the contents don't really appeal to me even as a die hard X-fan; plus I am hoping really hard for some sort of WoK/RoK Omni ohc set that will contain all of the lead up and events.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noble View Post
    So does anyone in the UK have their UXM Vol 3 yet? It's shown as out of stock on Amazon since release and mine has yet to dispatch?
    Mine arrived last Thursday, but I pre-ordered it sometime in August last year (assuming they dispatch them on a first-come, first-serve basis). There's no way it's OoP already, though; they will just have exhausted the initial stocks.

Just to make you slightly jealous, it's a really great book. The paper stock seems particularly thin, though.

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

The cover to this weeks GOTG #6 reminds me of the Opena UXM vol 3 Omni for some strange reason...
    1509592_ful.jpg

So i finally bit the bullet and picked up one of my most wanted whales - Hickman FF vol 1. Someone talked about doing this and i thought it might be cool - to read all of hickman's big marvel runs at once. Start with FF then move to Avengers and then to secret wars. Is it worth picking up the OHC's of Avengers by hickman? How good are they compared to fantastic four? And how close are they all to being completely released? Of course i'm always nervous about picking up stuff that has the potential to hit an omnibus, but I think i'm safe for a bit with these titles. What do ya'll think?