Page 2 of 1382 FirstFirst 12345612521025021002 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Thanks Canucked for volunteering.

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for September 2015 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list (position, title, est. sales).

83. Shield By Lee And Kirby Complete Collection - 1,526
    102. Marvel Masterworks Daredevil HC Vol. 9 - 1,281
    106. Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Ghost of the Past - 1,230
    107. All New X-Men OHC Vol. 2 - 1,207
    110. Deadpool By Daniel Way Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 1,173
    117. Avengers By Jonathan Hickman OHC Vol. 2 - 1,143
    127. Monster of Frankenstein TPB - 1,047
    143. Luke Cage Vol. 1 Second Chances TPB - 953
    190. Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man Ultimate Collection Vol. 2 - 755

No Omnibuses this month as opposed to four Omnibuses last month, two of which we now know didn’t even make the Top 350 and moved less than 350 units i.e. “Marvel Firsts: The 1990s Omnibus” and “Ultimate Marvel Omnibus Vol. 1”. Let’s hope Marvel take note and give us some Omnibuses we really need. For example, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 2 as opposed to Ultimate Marvel Vol. 2.

Wow with omnibus sales that low I'm a little shocked Marvel didn't just cancel them. They are pretty ill conceived though I'm also a little shocked stuff like that even gets green lit to begin with.

Still hoping for new avengers vol 2 omni since the ohcs are sk hard to find now.

The "#1...?" in the thread title is throwing me off. Regardless, thanks for keeping things updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Wow with omnibus sales that low I'm a little shocked Marvel didn't just cancel them. They are pretty ill conceived though I'm also a little shocked stuff like that even gets green lit to begin with.
    I considered the Marvel NOW Omnibus to have been a new low, did that move more than 350 units?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I considered the Marvel NOW Omnibus to have been a new low, did that move more than 350 units?
    It was released around July 2013, so I checked the June-August 2013 rankings. No where to be seen. Another Omnibus dead on arrival. We can safely assume that it didn't shift more than 350 units. You can't fool comic retailers

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I think we should add cheap-comics.com to the front page.

It's the UK/European equivalent to some of rhe big US comic sites, has great sales/deals, really good trackable posting and a great level of customer service.

I know the majority of posters are US based, but we dont need to be so US-centric in our shopping recommendations where we know of great sites.

Just my two pence at the start of our new home thread...
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I agree. Cheap-comics cant compete with US pricing (no European shop can) but customer service is great.

Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    The "#1...?" in the thread title is throwing me off. Regardless, thanks for keeping things updated.
    I just put that to make it seem different while the old thread was still at the top of the list. I told the mods it was cool to change and they did. They're good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I think we should add cheap-comics.com to the front page.

It's the UK/European equivalent to some of rhe big US comic sites, has great sales/deals, really good trackable posting and a great level of customer service.

I know the majority of posters are US based, but we dont need to be so US-centric in our shopping recommendations where we know of great sites.

Just my two pence at the start of our new home thread...
    I know nothing about it or it's sales. The original list is from Krisis. If you want to type something up about and retailers missed and their discounts, I will gladly add it to the OP.

To those of you who like my bad jokes; you are the wind beneath my wings.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

JESUS -- I need the UXF omnibus...

What's the material like in the Avenging Archer Hawkeye collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    No Omnibuses this month as opposed to four Omnibuses last month, two of which we now know didn’t even make the Top 350 and moved less than 350 units i.e. “Marvel Firsts: The 1990s Omnibus” and “Ultimate Marvel Omnibus Vol. 1”. Let’s hope Marvel take note and give us some Omnibuses we really need. For example, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 2 as opposed to Ultimate Marvel Vol. 2.
    Did Marvel not learn with The Women of Marvel and the Marvel Now omnibuses? Look for Marvel Firsts 1990's Omnibus and Ultimate Marvel Omnibus to be cleared out late next year when inventory on them is barely moving. They would have done better filling those slots with reprints of titles like Silver Surfer or Daredevil by Bendis or Brubaker or new ones like Alpha Flight and New Mutants

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    To those of you who like my bad jokes; you are the wind beneath my wings.
    Always! When we soar, we soar together!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

You do have to wonder who in the Marvel Collected Editions Dept is at the top and ultimately approving these bad Omni's over&over&over again.
    How many bad examples need there be: Women of Marvel, Marvel Now, Ultimate Marvel vol.1, Marvel Firsts 90's & Powers.

Even niche character Omnis that seem to have a narrow appeal sell decent: Man-Thing, Werewolf by Night, Young Avengers, New Warriors.....
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime