Page 20 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430701205201020 ... LastLast

The Hosts of Hoggath be prasied!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Damn, hoping for a Stern or Englehart omni. Happy for the guys that wanted this one though, I know somw of you wanted it badly.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Damn, hoping for a Stern or Englehart omni. Happy for the guys that wanted this one though, I know somw of you wanted it badly.
    Yeah, I'm the same way. I'm certainly glad it's getting a collection but it's not for me. I'd go with Stern or Englehart, though.

I think at this point - and once Doc Strange is published - Daredevil will be pretty much the only Silver Age super hero series that hasn't gotten a SA omnibus.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

If this does well, we'll get the other.

This omni will feature the Eternity and Living Tribunal stuff. I cannot wait
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yeah, I'm the same way. I'm certainly glad it's getting a collection but it's not for me. I'd go with Stern or Englehart, though.

I think at this point - and once Doc Strange is published - Daredevil will be pretty much the only Silver Age super hero series that hasn't gotten a SA omnibus.
    I'm a sucker for silver age stuff. I even like the Avengers. Dardevil isn't the best of the bunch but I'm a little shocked it hasn't happened yet. I think it will in the next few years. But who knows. Maybe marvel wants to forget Mike.

But I have only read pieces of silver Doc Strange. I would love some thoughts from people here on the material.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Who knows whats with the SA DDl. They havn't published it in epic either and all the major characters (cept hulk?) have their Epic vol 1's long done.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Thanks. How about Aaron's run? I have enjoyed what I have read of his (Thor & Punisher), but he seems to be a fairly hit and miss author with people on here.
    Goofy. Read it in HC a couple years ago. Don't really remember anything significant being referenced afterwards.

Doctor strange hype

So cgn raised their price on uxm vol 2 and amazon is oos. Seeing that they are finnaly reprinting vol 1 I just ordered vol 2 from ist before its gone.

With out ever reading an xmen comic how is it reading uxm vol 2? Good read? And am I going to be lost? I know the has the phoenix storyline but dosnt it start in vol 1?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    So cgn raised their price on uxm vol 2 and amazon is oos. Seeing that they are finnaly reprinting vol 1 I just ordered vol 2 from ist before its gone.

With out ever reading an xmen comic how is it reading uxm vol 2? Good read? And am I going to be lost? I know the has the phoenix storyline but dosnt it start in vol 1?
    It's a really great read, bit I'd wait and read vol 1 first. It's a very serialized series.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I'm a sucker for silver age stuff. I even like the Avengers. Dardevil isn't the best of the bunch but I'm a little shocked it hasn't happened yet. I think it will in the next few years. But who knows. Maybe marvel wants to forget Mike.
    Ha ha, yeah seriously. I've been reading it in MMW collections. I would buy a volume 1. The stories are pretty fun, a lot of swashbuckling and probably, really, the blueprint for what Waid is doing (although I do prefer the darker stuff). I just wrapped up vol. 9 of MMW and this is where the Black Widow shares the title. I haven't really been impressed with it. Actually, I'm being nice. It pretty much sucks, and Widow is not the strong character you see today. I figure at some point Marvel will probably collect a volume 1.

Yes it does.

To Canucked: I'm happy for the people happy about Dr. Strange, I'd even vote for an epic line, but I can never seem to get into the Ditko side of Marvel. I realize Spider-Man is nothing without him. His design is legend. Did Spidey ever really add a good villain pre Venom after Steve leaves? Yet for me even Spider-Man wasn't worth much outside the original Ultimate Spider-Man run. Just not my hero. All attempts to get into Doctor Strange have failed. Weird ugly and depressing just isn't my brand of escapism no matter how amazing at world building Steve Ditko was, but he was amazing!

I'd say if you like Spider-Man by Ditko it might be a good indication you'll like Doctor Strange.

It's a months long wait but I would wait. There is quite a bit of emotional payoff in the Dark Phoenix saga you won't get the full effect of starting with volume 2.

Maybe ill just fork out the money for vol 1. Im really hyped at the moment to read it. Although a bit disappointed I need to wait for vol 1. Oh well I have a feeling vol 2 isn't gonna be reprinted so im happy I got it while its still around
    Last edited by mtop2036; 10-24-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Ha ha, yeah seriously. I've been reading it in MMW collections. I would buy a volume 1. The stories are pretty fun, a lot of swashbuckling and probably, really, the blueprint for what Waid is doing (although I do prefer the darker stuff). I just wrapped up vol. 9 of MMW and this is where the Black Widow shares the title. I haven't really been impressed with it. Actually, I'm being nice. It pretty much sucks, and Widow is not the strong character you see today. I figure at some point Marvel will probably collect a volume 1.
    Which part of SA DD sucks? I have MMW 1-5 but have only read a bit of vol. 1.