Page 202 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1021521921981992002012022032042052062122523027021202 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    ah okay, well, I've read Spider-verse but I don't think that's much of a spoiler, basically that was one of the selling points.

In any case,

CAREFUL WITH THE SPOILERS GUYS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Balakin's correct, there's no spoiler there. The description on the back of the book will tell you as much.

But it really is a fun story, so you have something to look forward to Raffi!
    Ok, thanks guys. I'm actually one of those weird individuals that doesn't read the back of books and dvds until after

I should be shortly ordering the ASM OHC Vol. 1 to go along with my Spider-Verse OHC. Still deliberating whether to pick up the Edge of Spider-Verse TPB, though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChinBo37 View Post
    Are any of the Marvel Season One books worth picking up?
    Marvel page goes too fast.

Anyone read any of these? Any of them worth grabbing? I don't know all the back stories.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Ok, thanks guys. I'm actually one of those weird individuals that doesn't read the back of books and dvds until after

I should be shortly ordering the ASM OHC Vol. 1 to go along with my Spider-Verse OHC. Still deliberating whether to pick up the Edge of Spider-Verse TPB, though.
    If you can find it cheap, go for it. It's 5 one-shots that introduced some of the characters that appear in Spider-Verse proper, and they're all pretty entertaining (with the exception of Gerard Way's chapter, which did nothing for me).

However it's in no way "essential" to enjoying the main event.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

Did everybody received their orders from the omnibus sale at cheap-comics? I knew some of you did...
    I ordered per mail and had some questions to Chris and back then immediately received answers.
    But last week I asked him where my order is (placed the order around 7 weeks ago) and didn't receive any answer.
    On the webpage the info about the Omnibus sale is deleted. So I am wondering if he cannot fulfill some of the orders...
    Last edited by Jaepuck; 03-09-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaepuck View Post
    Did everybody received their orders from cheap-comics? I knew some of you did...
    I ordered per mail and had some questions to Chris and received immediately answers.
    But last week I asked him where my order is (placed the order around 7 weeks ago) and didn't receive any answer.
    On the webpage the info about the Omnibus sale is deleted. So I am wondering if he cannot fulfill some of the orders...
    I just got mine. I know that he told me the age of apocalypse companion he couldn't get them for another couple months so I got my books without that

I'm surpised he didnt reply. Send him a reminder he is usually good to get back right away

Amazing Member

Off topic
    Really nice article about Stan Lee's role in the Marvel Universe.
    http://www.vulture.com/2016/02/stan-...id=nymag_press
    This article is very long!
    I got the link from the Hulk fanpage
    https://hulkcollection.wordpress.com
    Last edited by Jaepuck; 03-09-2016 at 12:41 PM.

Anyone read any of these? Any of them worth grabbing? I don't know all the back stories.
    I've heard they're hit or miss.

But I've heard nothing but good things about the X-Men one, by Dennis Hopeless. I picked it up for $10 not too long ago, and hope to read it soon. The good people at Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men loved it, saying it was a great modern re-telling of their origin, updating where necessary but otherwise staying true to the spirit of 60s X-Men.

I read them all, and almost immediately sold them. They ranged from terrible to mediocre.

The best were Hulk and Dr. Strange. The worst were Ant Man and Wolverine. Everything else was just forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Hickman's Ultimates was pretty bad and then it got worse after he left. In all fairness, though, by the time he took over the entire lines - except for Ultimate SM - kind of sucked.
    Agreed; Hickman's Ultimates was awful. The first half was pretty good, by my God did it take a nose dive towards the end.

The last 3 issues co written with Sam Humphries were so bad, I now actively avoid any book with Humphries name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    As as far as the hickmans ultimates work Ive always planned on picking up all of the UFF ohcs and the doomsday OHC. Ive never been to a comic book shop but ive heard many people on here say they usually have most of the UFF ohcs because they didn't sell well. Have you seen them in your LCS? what are the odds mine would have them?
    No one on here can answer that; it's your comic shop, you'd know what they stock better than anyone. The old store near me doesn't even carry OHCs as they don't sell well enough to justify the space.

You can always, you know, call them and ask.

On the topic of LCSs, a new one opened near my office, and it might be the nicest comic shop ever. It's like a Nordstrom or BMW dealership, but with comics instead of clothes or cars. The best thing is; they actually carry expensive books. It's awesome seeing Absolutes and Omnibuses out in the wild.
    Last edited by mike1981; 03-09-2016 at 01:53 PM.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I've skimmed most of the Season One books. Only one I read through(and plan on buying) is the Dr. Strange one, by Pak and Rios. I really liked that one, contrary to the totally apathy towards the others.
    Cyclops was right

I really liked the Doctor Strange one.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    Agreed; Hickman's Ultimates was awful. The first half was pretty good, by my God did it take a nose dive towards the end.

The last 3 issues co written with Sam Humphries were so bad, I now actively avoid any book with Humphries name on it.
    Me too, mostly for that reason. He seems to be associated with series that go downhill.

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Me too, mostly for that reason. He seems to be associated with series that go downhill.
    Hickman wrote the first 12 issues

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    Hickman wrote the first 12 issues
    And I liked those.