Page 21 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531711215211021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Which part of SA DD sucks? I have MMW 1-5 but have only read a bit of vol. 1.
    Storytelling starts going downhill around Vol. 8-9, maybe earlier. I think I enjoyed the first five volumes. I'm not picking up volume 10 when it comes out. Personally I think after the first 50 or so issues of Daredevil, you can pretty much jump to right around the time (or a little before) Miller comes on board. There was a lot of bad Daredevil by that time and the title was almost shut down. In fact, before Miller, it was being published every other month, rather than monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Damn, hoping for a Stern or Englehart omni. Happy for the guys that wanted this one though, I know somw of you wanted it badly.
    We could all use more Englehart and Stern. They've pretty much covered most of Lee's major material aside from DD(stated above), ASM v. 3 & 4, and FF v.4

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    To Canucked: I'm happy for the people happy about Dr. Strange, I'd even vote for an epic line, but I can never seem to get into the Ditko side of Marvel. I realize Spider-Man is nothing without him. His design is legend. Did Spidey ever really add a good villain pre Venom after Steve leaves? Yet for me even Spider-Man wasn't worth much outside the original Ultimate Spider-Man run. Just not my hero. All attempts to get into Doctor Strange have failed. Weird ugly and depressing just isn't my brand of escapism no matter how amazing at world building Steve Ditko was, but he was amazing!

I'd say if you like Spider-Man by Ditko it might be a good indication you'll like Doctor Strange.
    Completely agree with you regarding Dr. Strange. I've tried a couple times and can never get into it. It's just too out there for me and odd. I don't like it at all but am happy about the omnibus for those who enjoy the series.

Regarding Spider-Man villains don't forget the Rhino, Hobgoblin (especially the Stern era), Punisher (originally a Spidey villain), Jackal, and Morbius.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Completely agree with you regarding Dr. Strange. I've tried a couple times and can never get into it. It's just too out there for me and odd. I don't like it at all but am happy about the omnibus for those who enjoy the series.

Regarding Spider-Man villains don't forget the Rhino, Hobgoblin (especially the Stern era), Punisher (originally a Spidey villain), Jackal, and Morbius.
    You've obviously forgotten the required amount of cocaine you need to take before reading a Dr. Strange comic

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Probably not a popular opinion, but I'd rather have a reprint of Dr. Strange MMW vol. 2 than an omnibus (mostly because I already have vol.'s 1, 3-6).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Storytelling starts going downhill around Vol. 8-9, maybe earlier. I think I enjoyed the first five volumes. I'm not picking up volume 10 when it comes out. Personally I think after the first 50 or so issues of Daredevil, you can pretty much jump to right around the time (or a little before) Miller comes on board. There was a lot of bad Daredevil by that time and the title was almost shut down. In fact, before Miller, it was being published every other month, rather than monthly.
    Agreed that the era around DD #65-70 saw a downturn in writing. The later MMW volumes (8-9) are saved by the superior art team of Gene Colan and Tom Palmer but not much else. Reading thru MMW v.3 with the Mike Murdock subplot is probably enough SA DD for completionists.

Amazing Member

Have any of you fine folks picked up the Hawkeye omnibus, and can compare the quality to the Hawkeye OHC Vol.1? I'm debating between whether to go with the omni, or the two volumes. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    Agreed that the era around DD #65-70 saw a downturn in writing. The later MMW volumes (8-9) are saved by the superior art team of Gene Colan and Tom Palmer but not much else. Reading thru MMW v.3 with the Mike Murdock subplot is probably enough SA DD for completionists.
    Yes agreed. You raise a good point - the later volumes have some great art. I always enjoyed Colan's DD. I'd probably suggest ending the SA run anywhere between vol. 3 and 5.

On a side note, I'm curious just how far out Marvel will publish the MMW. A volume 10 will put us out around issue # 104. If they did four or five more they'd hit the Miller era. I wonder if they'd collect that in MMW form or call it a day.

Spectacular Member

So I've been reading the Busiek Avengers OHCs and I just finished the Ultron Imperative and found it pretty odd that it was placed in Vol. 4. At the end it even states that the story takes place between Avengers #45 & #46, yet the last issue in that volume is #40. It does seem to spoil some things, nothing to major from what I can tell, but it just seemed like an odd place to put it. Maybe the ordering will be fixed in the upcoming Omni.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strange View Post
    You've obviously forgotten the required amount of cocaine you need to take before reading a Dr. Strange comic
    Hahaha that cracked me up! Actually though its better with adderal. Haha I am pumped for this! Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    So I've been reading the Busiek Avengers OHCs and I just finished the Ultron Imperative and found it pretty odd that it was placed in Vol. 4. At the end it even states that the story takes place between Avengers #45 & #46, yet the last issue in that volume is #40. It does seem to spoil some things, nothing to major from what I can tell, but it just seemed like an odd place to put it. Maybe the ordering will be fixed in the upcoming Omni.
    Are the OHC's published in chronological order? I can't remember the story from when it came out and any spoilers around it.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Probably not a popular opinion, but I'd rather have a reprint of Dr. Strange MMW vol. 2 than an omnibus (mostly because I already have vol.'s 1, 3-6).
    I never went any farther with the Masterworks since I couldn't find Vol 2, so I'm just happy I'll finally get to continue the series in order.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny77 View Post
    So This is happening:
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/...ic-con-report/

Very excited for the Classic Dr. Strange Omnibus
    Oh, YEAH!!!! So perhaps a 3rd Q release, sometime around July/Aug?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I think at this point - and once Doc Strange is published - Daredevil will be pretty much the only Silver Age super hero series that hasn't gotten a SA omnibus.
    Which has everyone scratching their head, especially now with a commercially and critically adored TV show on Netflix.
    Maybe they were just waiting for 10 volumes of MMW as well? At any rate a DD vol.1 SA Omni is now highly overdue!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post

While he wasn't added after Ditko, I think Mike Zeck penciled the most menacing version of Kraven the Hunter, and the "Nothing Can Stop The Juggernaut" by JRJR should not be overlooked.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Are the OHC's published in chronological order? I can't remember the story from when it came out and any spoilers around it.
    So far the OHCs have been in chronological order, interspersing some relative issues from other series when necessary, mostly Thunderbolts stuff. I still have Vol. 5 to finish so I don't exactly know how the story continues, but placing "The Ultron Imperative" this early has a few mentions about Kang and features Yellowjacket, who hasn't fully shown up yet in the main series by that point. So it's nothing major but I just feel like they could have easily put a few more Avengers issues in Vol.4 and then put the Ultron story in between #45 & #46 in Vol. 5.