Page 218 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1181682082142152162172182192202212222282683187181218 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 20767
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Wait did they announce an Aaron Thor Omnibus? Or are you just saying you're going to buy the OHCs and don't care if they do a Thor Omnibus?
    I'm like 90 percent sure it will happen, but it's not confirmed. Either way, the OHC's are cheaper and proabbyl the same quality. Plus I got Volume one for 5 dollars flat.
    Cyclops was right

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

The easiest way to figure out what contents are in a new deluxe trade are to add up the pages of multiple old trades. You're probably right on the money.

While Marvel could always Omnibus the old Danvers Ms. Marvel stuff from the 70s/80s/whatever, I would think a more likely candidate would be a multi-volume Reed Omnibus from the 00s. But having said that, I think if they're going to Omnibus anything Carol Danvers, especially with the future film on the horizon, it's going to be KSD's Captain Marvel run.
    OMG, I didn't even consider that it could the Reed stuff and that is why it says Vol. 1. I really loved that series except for the gross Puppetmaster arc towards the middle. AND YET, considering it's Carol in the old costume and the material has never seen a Complete Collection reprint, odds are likely low that's the case

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Has anyone deciphered more of those messed up amazon listings? Any idea what the Avengers Epic collection contains?

At work so I cant dive too deep but more I've noticed a squirrel girl OHC. That series any good?
    Squirrel Girl is hilarious. I love it - it's one of my favorite Marvel books. It's not only entertaining to me, but I read it to my toddler and she thinks it's a scream. It's hard to describe exactly, but while it's very joke-a-minute in pace it still has longer-term gentle laughs and puns. Its also sweet and actually encouraging/empowering to see how Doreen works out some of her issues while not doing a whole lot of punching even though she is pretty good at punching.

That said, Henderson's art is an acquired taste and not something I need in oversize format right this moment.

Generally, in the end run of Marvel Now I was a much bigger fan of those newer, lighter-weight books like Squirrel Girl, Silk, Howard the Duck, and Ms. Marvel then I was of anything in the superhero line. I feel like those books - while lacking the continuity and big plots of the major sellers - actually contained a lot more about what I enjoy about comics.

I'm really excited about Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur.
    Last edited by krisis; 03-14-2016 at 01:55 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    OMG, I didn't even consider that it could the Reed stuff and that is why it says Vol. 1. I really loved that series except for the gross Puppetmaster arc towards the middle. AND YET, considering it's Carol in the old costume and the material has never seen a Complete Collection reprint, odds are likely low that's the case

Squirrel Girl is hilarious. I love it - it's one of my favorite Marvel books. It's not only entertaining to me, but I read it to my toddler and she thinks it's a scream. It's hard to describe exactly, but while it's very joke-a-minute in pace, but it still has longer-term puns. Its also sweet and actually encouraging/empowering to see how Doreen works out some of her issues while not doing a whole lot of punching even though she is pretty good at punching.
    I'm gonna get the Squirrel Girl ohc, read the first issue and liked it and I dig the artstyle as well (I have a pal who hates it because SQ is ugly...-_- ) but it begs the questions: if SQ gets an ohc then where the hell is the Slott-Allred Silver Surfer ohc?

there's also a Star Wars HC for $34.99 and another one for $50.00. Curious. They've been reissuing all the movie releases in OHC, so that first one is probably one of those perhaps. But the $50.00 sounds intriguing. I've been saying all along that they might mash all these new(ish) Star Wars minis into one OHC - like Leia, Lando, Chewie, etc... - and perhaps this is it. Or perhaps I'm way off base.

I see a Thor EPic AND an Avengers Epic.

The have the word "Kanan" in the Thor vol 2 book - I'm sure that's a mashup - Kanan vol 2 TPB would be on the horizon since it's just finishing up now.

My guess on the Ms Marvel would be it's an omnibus of the Kamala series, vs. an older series. I agree that the Reed series with the old Ms Marvel outfit is (A) too long in the tooth and not popular enough for them to be promoting, and (B) Not the "look" they want to promote for Carol. Hence this is most likely a Kamala Omnibus. No Carol Danvers love, most likely. It COULD be related to the initial series, now with two MMWs out/released soon, and we know they're not opposed to put out smallish omnibuses, but I seriously doubt this would be the case, pretty much for the same reasons as the Reed stuff would be out.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I'm gonna get the Squirrel Girl ohc, read the first issue and liked it and I dig the artstyle as well (I have a pal who hates it because SQ is ugly...-_- ) but it begs the questions: if SQ gets an ohc then where the hell is the Slott-Allred Silver Surfer ohc?
    Slott-Allred Silver Surfer is the best comic book. Full stop.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Squirrel Girl is hilarious. I love it - it's one of my favorite Marvel books. It's not only entertaining to me, but I read it to my toddler and she thinks it's a scream. It's hard to describe exactly, but while it's very joke-a-minute in pace, but it still has longer-term puns. Its also sweet and actually encouraging/empowering to see how Doreen works out some of her issues while not doing a whole lot of punching even though she is pretty good at punching.

That said, Henderson's art is an acquired taste and not something I need in oversize format right this moment.

Generally, in the end run of Marvel Now I was a much bigger fan of those newer, lighter-weight books like Squirrel Girl, Silk, Howard the Duck, and Ms. Marvel then I was of anything in the superhero line. I feel like those books - while lacking the continuity and big plots of the major sellers - actually contained a lot more about what I enjoy about comics.

Marvel now was a success for me. I liked so much of it. But I was really blown away by the comedy that so many titles brought. From Superior Foes on I loved it, and the first half of Hawkeye too. But man, Silk is such a great character all around and I was so worried secret wars would wipe her off the map. I'm glad others have found her.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

It would be awesome if Marvel put out some Marvel Now OHCs for Punisher, Elektra, Black Widow, Silver Surfer, Moon Knight and Iron Fist. The art alone is worth the oversized format for those titles and I believe they're all relatively self-contained. I haven't read the second Elektra trade yet but that first one was one of the best Marvel books I've read in a long time, and easily one of the top Elektra solo excursions, yet it seems to have completely flown under the radar. And those series top out in about 20 issues or less so they're a pretty perfect size for a single OHC/small Omnibus.

It would be awesome if Marvel put out some Marvel Now OHCs for Punisher, Elektra, Black Widow, Silver Surfer, Moon Knight and Iron Fist. The art alone is worth the oversized format for those titles and I believe they're all relatively self-contained. I haven't read the second Elektra trade yet but that first one was one of the best Marvel books I've read in a long time, and easily one of the top Elektra solo excursions, yet it seems to have completely flown under the radar. And those series top out in about 20 issues or less so they're a pretty perfect size for a single OHC/small Omnibus.
    I tweeted to marvel a long time ago to put Andrews' Iron Fist in hardcover, and then Kaare Andrews liked it. So marvel HAS to be convinced now.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Wait so silk is a comedy character? I have the spiderman OHC vol 1 which has her first appearance(I think?) I always thought she was just another spider character.

I can't remember any big storylines with the X-men and Inhumans (enough to cover 1300 pages) other than War of Kings. X-men Rise and Fall + Road to War of Kings + War of Kings + Realm of Kings = 1336 pages. I was thinking of X-men Deadly Genesis but you can cover that at the begining of the book with a recap page that explains who Vulcan is. If that solicit is the War of Kings Omni that would be awesome. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by smc123; 03-14-2016 at 02:46 PM.

Mighty Member

Squirrel Girl is hilarious. I love it - it's one of my favorite Marvel books. It's not only entertaining to me, but I read it to my toddler and she thinks it's a scream. It's hard to describe exactly, but while it's very joke-a-minute in pace it still has longer-term gentle laughs and puns. Its also sweet and actually encouraging/empowering to see how Doreen works out some of her issues while not doing a whole lot of punching even though she is pretty good at punching.

Most of the better modern works have come from the non A level characters for just this reason. Too many mandated events and crossovers just destroy any flow or direction particular creators may have, or limit there stories altogether. Like marvel just finished secret wars and these new tities are only 6-8 in and already dealing with civil war 2 or apocalypse wars. The reason someone like daredevil has so many nice runs is because he is usually left to his own, and the creators can tell their stories. Unfortunately events sell, and marvel is more concerned with $ than telling good stories. I think anyone on the x books or avengers that manages to create anything substantial should be given higher praise considering all the editorial crap they have to juggle.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Wait so silk is a comedy character? I have the spiderman OHC vol 1 which has her first appearance(I think?) I always thought she was just another spider character.
    Well, spider-man can be funny. It's not slapstick but it's got quirky charm.

After finishing the second volume of Busiek's Avengers, I think it might edge out Stern's as the best Avengers run ever.

It's interesting to get to the end and see Beast pop up in his New X-Men uniform, reminding us that it's the end of "classic" style Marvel books and the start of a new method of storytelling. I don't know if an old school book like this would have worked just a few years later; I think the timing of it, bridging the Heroes Return and NuMarvel eras, might have been part of its success.

I also think had the Kang Dynasty featured a consistent art team, it would be considered Busiek's pinnacle story arc, ahead of Ultron.
    Last edited by mike1981; 03-14-2016 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Well, spider-man can be funny. It's not slapstick but it's got quirky charm.
    Oh I Know. Guess I should of worded it diffrently. I was under the impression that you guys ment silk was like squirrel girl or deadpool. A comedy title. But I understand now :P

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    After finishing the second volume of Busiek's Avengers, I think it might edge out Stern's as the best Avengers run ever.

It's interesting to get to the end and see Beast pop up in his New X-Men uniform, reminding us that it's the end of "classic" style Marvel books and the start of a new method of storytelling. I don't know if an old school book like this would have worked just a few years later; I think the timing of it, bridging the Heroes Return and NuMarvel eras, might have been part of its success.

I also think had the Kang Dynasty featured a consistent art team, it would be considered Busiek's pinnacle story arc, ahead of Ultron.
    How do you think vol 2 compares to vol 1?