Page 220 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1201702102162172182192202212222232242302703207201220 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 20773
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Question for everyone around the Busiek era: I recently decided to jump in there, as I was solely pre 80's, but with all of you going on and on about it, and the Avengers being my fave comic of all time, I have ordered Avengers Busiek omnibus vol 1, will get vol 2 shortly and also got the Busiek Iron Man omnibus, thanks to all the praise from that.

My main question is, should I read Iron Man before the Avengers, or after, does it matter, etc...? I'm assuming they're fine on their own, but I'm just wondering if it would add anything to the other if I read one first. thanks!
    Off the top of my head, I don't recall either being dependent on the other to enjoy.

However, if you're getting both books I'd read them together, since they did run concurrently...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Anyone think the variant cover of Cap Omnibus 2 will sell out as quickly as the Uncanny X-men variants for Vol 2 and 3? Debating buying it today or tomorrow but don't want to miss it if it sells out quickly. Anyone know how long it took for the variants of Cap Omnibus 1, Thor Omnibus 1, ASM omnibus 1, and ASM omnibus 2 to sell out?

Just ordered the Secret Wars OHC and noticed in the solicitation that it only has 8 pages from #0. Why don't we get the full issue? Is it going to be a confusing read without it?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    Anyone think the variant cover of Cap Omnibus 2 will sell out as quickly as the Uncanny X-men variants for Vol 2 and 3? Debating buying it today or tomorrow but don't want to miss it if it sells out quickly. Anyone know how long it took for the variants of Cap Omnibus 1, Thor Omnibus 1, ASM omnibus 1, and ASM omnibus 2 to sell out?
    I feel it's highly likely. However, if it sells as fast as the DM variant for Thor vol.2 and UXM vol.3 then waiting till tomorrow will be too late. Those sold out within 5-6 hours on IST and then if you wanted it you had to go to CGN and pay their 15% more for it.

IST dropped earlier today than normal. I just looked at 2:15 eastern time and they had their new orders up early. Not sure by how much but probably at least an hour early.
    Got my order in for the Romita Sr cover on Cap vol.2 and ordered Secret Wars OHC
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Just ordered the Secret Wars OHC and noticed in the solicitation that it only has 8 pages from #0. Why don't we get the full issue? Is it going to be a confusing read without it?
    I'd have to check but I think that's the whole thing. It's super short since it was a free issue. And it has very little impact on the story.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

Sell out verse price raise can be two different things. It might still be there tomorrow, but be more expensive. I know for UXM 3 I waited until I got home from work and the price on IST had already jumped by $10. CGN had it listed at 40% off straight away.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    It was a Free Comic Book day Issue and like Canucked said those are not full length issues. I picked it up and to me it seemed if you have read the lead up stuff in NA and Avengers you should be just fine even if they completely omitted it.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Whew, good to hear. Thanks Brewman and Canucked

Hello, does anyone know if the Secret Wars OHC is the binding still crappy glued, crappy glewn or sewn? I tried searching through the last several pages for an answer. I'm trying to make an easy decision or a more difficult one.
    sorry if the Bold letters are annoying, I just want to get noticed quickly. thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by Player One View Post
    Hello, does anyone know if the Secret Wars OHC is the binding still crappy glued, crappy glewn or sewn? I tried searching through the last several pages for an answer. I'm trying to make an easy decision or a more difficult one.
    sorry if the Bold letters are annoying, I just want to get noticed quickly. thank you all
    This is the forum dedicated to OHC ODC, you don't need to be bold to get everyone up and about regarding binding techniques.

Spectacular Member

If I haven't been reading any new marvel stuff is there anything else I have to read along with secret wars to enjoy it?

I'm not too ocd about having to read "everything"

I don't think the demand is there for this one; unlike UXM vol 3, Stern Spider-Man and Michelinie Iron Man which all sold though the DM covers in hours or less.

Spectacular Member

I'm trying to figure out what this X-Men/Inhumans omnibus could possibly be.

Quote Originally Posted by Player One View Post

I'm sure somone will know tomorrow once the book is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mortimer View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what this X-Men/Inhumans omnibus could possibly be.
    War of Kings omnibus.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.