Page 221 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1211712112172182192202212222232242252312713217211221 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    War of Kings omnibus.
    So you think it'll have a bunch of duplicate issues with the Abnett/Lanning Guardians omnibus that's being released in 2 months? That's the only way I see it approaching that page count.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I hope the Jim Shooter George Perez Avengers run is collected.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mortimer View Post
    So you think it'll have a bunch of duplicate issues with the Abnett/Lanning Guardians omnibus that's being released in 2 months? That's the only way I see it approaching that page count.
    Who knows, it's possible. Spiderman-acts of vengeance was in two Omnis and an epic within a few years of each other. Kings of Pain was in three omnis close together.

But until it's solicited we won't know. Could include anything from deadly genesis, rise and fall, road to war of kings, war of kings, realm of kings, nova...

Krisis or someone would have a way better guestimate than I. But that is an event I will double dip in. I like the idea of a line of cosmic omnis.
    Last edited by Canucked; 03-15-2016 at 03:11 PM.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

All-New Member

Who knows, it's possible. Spiderman-acts of vengeance was in two Omnis and an epic within a few years of each other. Kings of Pain was in three omnis close together.

But until it's solicited we won't know. Could include anything from deadly genesis, rise and fall, road to war of kings, war of kings, realm of kings, nova...

Krisis or someone would have a way better guestimate than I. But that is an event I will double dip in. I like the idea of a line of cosmic omnis.
    They just reprinted Deadly Genesis in the Giant Size X-Men 40th Anniversay OHC, I do hope that it includes Rise and Fall of the Shiar Empire though.

Someone (may have been a different board) said that it was too many pages to be Rise and Fall, road to, war of kings and realm of kings, but iirc most of the rise and fall issues had the Endangered Species backup stories in them, so they weren't full issues.

All-New Member

Rise and Fall, Road to War of Kings, war of Kings and realm of Kings adds up to 1316 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Player One View Post
    Hello, does anyone know if the Secret Wars OHC is the binding still crappy glued, crappy glewn or sewn? I tried searching through the last several pages for an answer. I'm trying to make an easy decision or a more difficult one.
    sorry if the Bold letters are annoying, I just want to get noticed quickly. thank you all
    It's glued but with a ribbon.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jestinson3 View Post
    Rise and Fall, Road to War of Kings, war of Kings and realm of Kings adds up to 1316 pages.
    Hopefully this is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DonWinslow View Post
    It's glued but with a ribbon.
    How tight is it? Much gutter loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Jestinson3 View Post
    Yes, please !
    Make it so, Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    How tight is it? Much gutter loss?
    It's not a mousetrap. Nor is it too loose. The book stands open on its own from about 1/3 to 2/3 of it. If that makes sense. Gutter loss isn't too bad for a book that's glued and so thin. Paper stock is medium grade web coated.

Now I need to read it and compare to the singles and see what Hickman rearranged.

Secret wars is alright. Paced like other Hickman collected works; seperate issues without covers. Has his usual numbered title pages. I don't know if there's a term for his quote/date pages or whatever.

Secret wars zero is at the end which is odd. There's a cover gallery. Marvel should have an intro or foreword. Feels like Hickman should have written something for it. Marvel doesn't splurge on stuff like that. Series had some nice covers though.
    Last edited by Canucked; 03-15-2016 at 05:11 PM.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mortimer View Post
    IIRC, GotG doesn't cross much with Way of Kings. I don't think any GotG issues really even dealt with any of it directly. They were doing their own thing at that point in time.

Secret wars is alright. Paced like other Hickman collected works; seperate issues without covers. Has his usual numbered title pages. I don't know if there's a term for his quote/date pages or whatever.

Secret wars zero is at the end which is odd. There's a cover gallery. Marvel should have an intro or foreword. Feels like Hickman should have written something for it. Marvel doesn't splurge on stuff like that. Series had some nice covers though.
    Thats odd about #0 at the end. It takes place before #1 right? Should I read that first then start the book over? No matter what time it takes place I wish all collections would follow the numbers in order, so I can read the series the same as it was released. Some times its more interesting to read some that takes place during the start/middle of a story at the end or a different time.

Incredible Member

They seriously couldn't "splurge" on sewn binding for Secret Wars?

Regretting my order already.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    (raises hand) This is also one of the things that bugged me about the Kang Dynasty storyline. From what I remember it was like earth was being decimated/enslaved but only in the Avenges books. As far as I know, the events occuring in Avengers didn't even get a mention in other books. It was just weird. Over in Spidey, everything's hunky dory. In Avengers, everything's quickly going to heck in a hand-basket.

I guess one reason could be the era in which it was published. Busiek's Avengers was very much an "old school title" inherited by Joe Q & Bill Jemas' early days of running Marvel. They left Avengers alone, pretty much, but by the end of Busiek's run things were drastically changing. Continuity didn't matter AT ALL, and decent selling "traditional style super-hero comics" were being cancelled (Defenders, X-Men Hidden Years) in favor of reboots (X-Force/X-Statix, Thunderbolts) or books telling "kewl" new stories (Azz & Corbens' Banner, New X-Men, Bruce Jones Hulk, Bendis' Ultimate Spidey) which were easily accessible to new readers. Quesada & Jemas openly chastised and poked fun at comic book readers, and didn't appreciate long time readers. Avengers was one of the few comics which still relied on past continuity to tell a good story, but didn't use it necessarily as a crutch. They also got into public spats with Peter David (another classic-style comic creator) related to his work on Captain Marvel.

So, the lack of effect on other books, despite it being a world shaking Avengers story, is probably more a product of the time of its publication than anything else.
    Only time I've ever heard people wishing a good story had been made into a messy event. The great thing about that particular story line is that it showed a bit of what was happening with other heroes but didn't need to have a million tie-ins. And the reader could fill in the blanks. We didn't need to read a tie-in F4 issue, shoe-horned into their current story line to understand that they were similarly defeated by Kang's invasion.

That's just me though. Lets not forget the crossover event that did happen around that time - Maximum Security. Wouldn't want to see Kang's invasion turn into something like that.