Page 223 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1231732132192202212222232242252262272332733237231223 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 20767

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I appreciate the feedback.

That being said, I don't take any of these excuses for a glued binding very seriously. For one thing, Marvel has repeatedly stated that they have prepared this event to be a seller in hardcover completed form for years to come. That should dampen the dire need to capitalize on this event immediately after the single issues finish and simultaneously heighten the desire to put out a quality build book.
    Ever heard the saying "strike while the iron is hot"? Same thing here. If they waited, Marvel would be onto the next WORLD CHANGING NOTHING EVER THE $AME AGAIN!!!!! event six months down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Secondly, with all the delays to the single issues and the statements from Hickman that he had plans previously to rearrange the issues when it was collected, I just don't excuse them for not getting on the ball and releasing a quality sewn binding for this $50 cover price book. I feel they could have found a better solution.
    You basically answered your own question. It takes roughly six months to mass manufacture, print, package and ship large HCs with sewn bindings (usually from China). Marvel's own folks have commented to that fact. (I'm specifically recalling comments by Jeph York and others on the MMW MB). So they are working with a six month rolling window of finished product. In many cases, due to slow artists, the last comic book of that series may only be completed & released to the printer 1-2 weeks before it's released to comic shops. Therefore the quickest way to get a collected edition on the shelf, after the completion of the series, is to have it printed in the US with a glued binding.

The clone saga omnibus is the 90s story why is it a volume 1? As if there's more to follow? A two year run w/ a huge book & another volume? Someone explain this to me.

EDIT: actually nevermind. It would take a couple I guess

I can't undertsand why, even with the second season of the show about to be released, Marvel STILL won't reprint Bendis' DD run. It seems like a no-brainer.

If true, it sucks that Marvel is wasting a Spider-Man omnibus on the Clone Saga. Those who have read it, know it sucks. And those who haven't, well . . . it sucks.

It doesn't matter how low the print run, this sucker is going to the bargain bin.

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    The clone saga omnibus is the 90s story why is it a volume 1? As if there's more to follow? A two year run w/ a huge book & another volume? Someone explain this to me.

EDIT: actually nevermind. It would take a couple I guess
    Probably would take 3 Omnis to complete. It was a 2 year run but it ran through all 5 Spidey titles (I cant even remember all the names as some titles changed. All titles were changed to Scarlet Spider at one point. Really stupid and confussing). It clocks in at over 100 issues in total. As others have said the story sucks and I've never really heard anyone say anything good about it. So it is a shocker along the line of "Atlantis Attacks" and "The Crossing" when those Omnis were released.

P.S. I'm predicting this to be the quickest omnibus to hit the bargain/blowout price ever. If it was a complete story in one contained omnibus I'd say it might sell. Hell, people will always buy Spidey just to get their own opinion. But this is an omnibus that might never see follow up volumes ever printed (As acclaimed as Ultimate Spidey was it never got past volume 1 although there was Death of Spidey). I think this will put even more people off of buying it. Why would you buy part 1 if parts 2 and 3 never come out. Just my thought.
    Last edited by smc123; 03-16-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Of all the Spider-Man omnis we could've got? ASM vol 3, USM vol 2, J.M Dematteis? Heck, I'd even take a Slott Omni over the Clone Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by smc123 View Post
    Probably would take 3 Omnis to complete. It was a 2 year run but it ran through all 5 Spidey titles (I cant even remember all the names as some titles changed. All titles were changed to Scarlet Spider at one point. Really stupid and confussing). It clocks in at over 100 issues in total. As others have said the story sucks and I've never really heard anyone say anything good about it. So it is a shocker along the line of "Atlantis Attacks" and "The Crossing" when those Omnis were released.

P.S. I'm predicting this to be the quickest omnibus to hit the bargain/blowout price ever. If it was a complete story in one contained omnibus I'd say it might sell. Hell, people will always buy Spidey just to get their own opinion. But this is an omnibus that might never see follow up volumes ever printed (As acclaimed as Ultimate Spidey was it never got past volume 1 although there was Death of Spidey). I think this will put even more people off of buying it. Why would you buy part 1 if parts 2 and 3 never come out. Just my thought.
    Well I'll buy the clone saga omni. It's been awhile since I read it, but I'm one of the few who actually likes the 90's stuff. Yes, some of it was cheesy and weird but to me that's what makes it great. Plus it's so much nostalgia for me.

Quote Originally Posted by smc123 View Post

Marvel has seemed to revisit their ideology regarding multiple volume omnibuses. We've gotten both of Busiek's Avengers in short order, and Master of Kung Fu was announced as having all 4 volumes planned. I can't imagine Master of Kung Fu selling well, at least more so than a Spider-Man book (even the Clone Saga).

Mighty Member

I'm down for clone saga too. Any post '90 spidey really. I personally think it will sell. Depends on how it's collected ultimately I imagine.

I just possibly can't get everything I want . Unless I build a house of books. So I had to skip all the many many spiderman complete collections and concentrate on Spidey masterworks. The Clone Saga omnibus is my second chance to get the material.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

A brief but interesting interview with Brevoort and Hickman with a non-comics blog. I did not realize how radical the restructuring of the material from Secret Wars #7-8 was for the hardcover. This is a rare modern instance where it sounds like there will never be a faithful collected reproduction of a major Marvel comic as it was released. That's not a bad thing, since Hickman basically returned the #7-8 split back to his original scripted version, but it still fascinates me.

I'm sitting down to read my copy right now!
    Last edited by krisis; 03-16-2016 at 08:08 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    A brief but interesting interview with Brevoort and Hickman with a non-comics blog. I did not realize how radical the restructuring of the material from Secret Wars #7-8 was for the hardcover. This is a rare modern instance where it sounds like there will never be a faithful collected reproduction of a major Marvel comic as it was released. That's not a bad thing, since Hickman basically returned the #7-8 split back to his original scripted version, but it still fascinates me.

I'm sitting down to read my copy right now!
    That is quite interesting. As someone who has not read it yet(waiting for the time runs out OHC to read everything in one go) how do you think the OHC version compares to the original?

As far as clone wars goes ill be picking it up. Ive come to realize while I do value peoples opinions I feel I need to make my own. Just like anything in the world, one mans trash is another treasure.

And most of the secret war tie in series are stand alone right? Are their any I should pick up to read in conjunction with SW? Isnt the Thor one the police force of battleworld or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    And most of the secret war tie in series are stand alone right? Are their any I should pick up to read in conjunction with SW? Isnt the Thor one the police force of battleworld or something like that?
    Battleworld is made up of chunks of alternative universes that are walled off from each other and the tie ins are independent stories that take place in different areas. They vary in quality and some have nothing to do with the title. Armor Wars is a universe where everyone has to wear Stark armour to survive and has nothing to do with the original story whereas Civil War is a universe where the war never ended and Tony and Steve took half the country each as the war progressed. I don't remember off the top of my head which one's were particularly good or bad but Old Man Logan has sweet Sorrentino art and the Civil War one turned out to be a pretty great story.

There were a few other's that were good but I don't know if me only remembering those three is a sign that the rest were forgettable. Renew Your Vows with Spidey was pretty cool too, actually.

Ive come to realize while I do value peoples opinions I feel I need to make my own. Just like anything in the world, one mans trash is another treasure.
    If we tell you they all suck, are you gonna pick them up anyway?