Page 227 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1271772172232242252262272282292302312372773277271227 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Wait what's wrong with the Onslaught omnibus? I've never read the content and bought the omni.
    Nothing's wrong with it. The old Epic Collection TPs 0-5 contained the same content (plus some extras in the Prelude v0 TP) so I didn't feel the need to upgrade.

Not sure when, but someone posted that they are releasing 2 Spidey omnis this year and like me was disappointed with the choice. They're actually releasing 4 Spidey omni's this year. Reprints of ASM vols 1 & 2, the new Mcfarlane omni and the Clone Saga vol 1 omni. I already have ASM 1 & 2 but anyone just getting into collecting will be happy with the reprints. Although I don't care for the other 2 at all, other people on the board seem to be interested in them so Spidey fans should be happy. Plenty of Spidey out there this year with Marvel continuing to print Slott's run in OHC (Amazing vols 1 & 2, Spiderverse) so there are options.
    Last edited by smc123; 03-18-2016 at 06:15 PM.

Spectacular Member

Thanks for all the responses. I think I'll just grab those 3 new trades and then get the prequel/epilogue stuff at a later date if I see them cheap anywhere.

On a kinda related note, We got the panini version of Secret Wars into work today. It seems to have all nine issues separate (With the covers at the start of each issue so it's not one continuous story). I know some people (myself included) don't rate the panini collections, it seems this might be the only way to get the "unedited cut" of Secret Wars. It also has the 0 issue right at the beginning if that really matters to you.

Quote Originally Posted by smc123 View Post
    Not sure when, but someone posted that they are releasing 2 Spidey omnis this year and like me was disappointed with the choice. They're actually releasing 4 Spidey omni's this year. Reprints of ASM vols 1 & 2, the new Mcfarlane omni and the Clone Saga vol 1 omni. I already have ASM 1 & 2 but anyone just getting into collecting will be happy with the reprints. Although I don't care for the other 2 at all, other people on the board seem to be interested in them so Spidey fans should be happy. Plenty of Spidey out there this year with Marvel continuing to print Slott's run in OHC (Amazing vols 1 & 2, Spiderverse) so there are options.
    and donīt forget The Superior Foes of Spider-Man!
    itīs not so big, but it is also an Omni

Quote Originally Posted by pablo01 View Post
    and donīt forget The Superior Foes of Spider-Man!
    itīs not so big, but it is also an Omni
    That is Spider-Man book in name only.

Can anyone tell me if the new printing of Daredevil Omnibus by Frank Miller is as good as last print? If the quality of the pages are good (as prints before), and it's a good binding I would get it.
    I just don't want to order it if Marvel made this reprint with a worse quality than the previous ones.

New
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078...mh_gw_g14_i2_r

Old
    http://www.amazon.com/Daredevil-Fran...HJ7AAB8C9ANDDY

I would really like to get this one, but I will only pay a 100 dollars for the good quality. I saw some of you who are collecting omnibuses more than me, and have more experience , talk about Marvel using worse quality pages lately, so I'm just pre caucus. If anyone know, or have the new print of this omnibus, give me the info about the quality of the book.

Thanks
    Last edited by ddak; 03-19-2016 at 05:27 AM.

Just looking at the reprints Marvel is putting out, does anyone fell that the inevitable price increase of Omni's is upon us? I know the event OHC's have been ridicoulsley priced for some time but Daredevil new printing going from $100 to $125, Daredevil Companion $60 to $100 and Elektra $75 to $100! Also both Shang - Chi Omni's for $125 with page counts less than 700 pages. The old prices were generally $75 for a small page count, $100 for most omni's and $125 for large page counts (over 1000). Seems to me either smaller omni's being printed like Ms. Marvel and Doctor Strange (under 500 pages each) or most omni's at $125.

Also if anyone saw the solicit for X-men Apocalypse Wars on Amazon it has a release date of 9/20/16? Doesnt that seem quick for a story where the issues and the story dont start until May?

Count me in for the Clone Saga too. McFarlane's...not so much.

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

I found a couple of Oversized HCs in the wild and I think they are superior in format for the moment. No Omni yet.

Floppy > TPB > HC > OHC > OMNI

http://www.amazon.com/Superior-Spide...=9780785185215

http://www.amazon.com/Superior-Spide...FM91QA24CV24EM

Is anyone familiar with any quality issues with these volumes? Thank you
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 03-19-2016 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    I found a couple of Oversized HCs in the wild and I think they are superior in format for the moment. No Omni yet.

I have all three of them and they are just the same as most of the other marvel OHCs. There is also a variant cover which IST had last time I checked.

Incredible Member

They are the same quality as all the other Marvel Now OHCs. The story is pretty good.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    I have all three of them and they are just the same as most of the other marvel OHCs. There is also a variant cover which IST had last time I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    They are the same quality as all the other Marvel Now OHCs. The story is pretty good.
    Thanks guys. I am not familiar with the Marvel Now OHC quality. "same" meaning, same high quality or same low quality. ?
    They were printed in China so from what I understand they are sewn? Which is good.
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 03-19-2016 at 09:25 AM.

I dont think this is a spoiler since the story is 3 years old but this was a big story as they killed off Peter Parker and Doc Oc took over his body to be the Superior Spiderman. All three volumes are a complete story. All at some point all 3 were blowouts with a remainder mark, volume 3 is still available for under $15 new with the remainder mark if your interested. I didnt think volume 1 can only be picked up for around cover price though. Still a good story and volume 3 is well worth is since it has a cover price of $35 and over 400 pages and some omnis like Elektra have less pages for $100 cover.

P.S. Just checked IST and they still have volume 1 for $20 so you can get all three for $60 there. Although since Amazon marketplace prices have gone up I assume volume 1 will go OOP fairly soon.
    Last edited by smc123; 03-19-2016 at 09:52 AM.

I don't think that's a spoiler either. It's the synopsis not the story itself.

Quote Originally Posted by smc123 View Post
    I dont think this is a spoiler since the story is 3 years old but this was a big story as they killed off Peter Parker and Doc Oc took over his body to be the Superior Spiderman. All three volumes are a complete story. All at some point all 3 were blowouts with a remainder mark, volume 3 is still available for under $15 new with the remainder mark if your interested. I didnt think volume 1 can only be picked up for around cover price though. Still a good story and volume 3 is well worth is since it has a cover price of $35 and over 400 pages and some omnis like Elektra have less pages for $100 cover.
    I would have to think this is an obvious omnibus candidate at some point.