Page 230 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1301802202262272282292302312322332342402803307301230 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 20773
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    While many of you are binge-watching The Punisher joining the ranks of the Marvel Cinematic Universe this weekend in Daredevil (I have two episodes left!), you can also catch up on his history in the Marvel Universe with my newest collecting guide: The Definitive Punisher Collecting Guide and Reading Order.

I reviewed the entire Punisher Official Index to the Marvel Universe, plus Comic Book DB and tons of online chronologies, and I am quite certain this guide captures 99% of Punisher's appearances in chronological reading order - with links to collected editions, of course!

To spoil the collecting story a bit, Punisher's original trio of ongoing series are severely undercollected - with just two dedicated TPBs between the pair of them until this Fall with the Potts/Lee TPB. Then, Punisher falls into the uncollected zone from 1995-2000 before Welcome Back Frank. Directly after that, there's a single-arc gap in collections, and from there on out everything is collected except a spare one-shot and 2012's Trial of the Punisher.
    Yeah! My repeated nagging paid off! I will treasure this one. My precioussss

Edit: you did forget to mention the Punisher by Ennis omni though. I know it's long oop and impossible to get but it's still worth a mention
    Last edited by victorxd1999; 03-20-2016 at 02:16 PM.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    My theory on this is that they are cashing in (trying to anyway) on Spidey's appearance in Cap Civil War and the upcoming Spidey movie with these "lesser" Omnis and will eventually give us ASM somewhere down the line.

This is I believe what they did with the UXM Omni Vol. 2. With all the X-Men movies, they kept giving us various X-Men related Omnis and OHCS good and bad for what seemed like ages before we eventually got what we really wanted i.e. the UXM Omni Vol. 2.

BTW, you can count me in with the Spidey Clone Omnis.
    With UXM Vol 2 it was more of matter of getting the material out in the Masterworks first. Once they had those ducks in a row they jumped on it pretty immediately.

The ASM stuff has been Masterworked for so long that they don't have that excuse.
    Miller was right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I'd love to know that, too. The trades broke up the Clint/Kate stuff into two books. Does the OHC/Omni maintain the original release order, or gang the character stories together?
    Ok bro just finished vol 1 last night bro and it goes like this: 1-5, 7, 6, 8-11, young avengers presents 6. Then I just flipped through vol 2 for you bro and it goes 17, annual, 12-16, 18-22. Alright bro now about pizza dog issue I didn't get last couple pages dog goes off roof attacking bro and winds up with clown and old lady bro and bro in apartment; what's up with that bro? Seems like I'm missing something.
    Bro.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Seeing the amount of posts saying otherwise it seems you're wrong.
    Granted, the later half has some problems but the Clone Saga doesn't wholly suck...a few parts are weak links.

The online hate for Clone Saga and those thinking the hate is universal are the same ones who probably think the animosity is universal for Indiana Jones & Kingdom of the Crystal Skull or Terminator Salvation. None of these are universally hated.....the nuFF reboot though---that is.
    Wasn't the Crystal Skull the movie where Indy played jump rope and the jump rope was made of sharks or something?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yeah! My repeated nagging paid off! I will treasure this one. My precioussss

Edit: you did forget to mention the Punisher by Ennis omni though. I know it's long oop and impossible to get but it's still worth a mention
    You're right! being long-out-of-print is no reason not to mention it. I simply got it in my head that it was a Max omnibus. I'll fix it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I don't know how far down the rabbit hole you intend your guides to go, but for your out of continuity section there's also The Punisher Meets Archie / Archie Meets The Punisher (same issue, just different title/cover depending on who published it I believe) as well as the prestige format Batman/Punisher: Lake of Fire and Punisher/Batman: Deadly Knights.
    LOL. I'd say that's in scope for the rabbit hole. I just avoid the major other continuities, like Ultimate and Max, since down the line they'll have their own guides.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    , JJ and DD are just SO DAMN GOOD!
    Couldn't care less about AoS.
    Although season 2 of DD (5 episodes in) isn't so far, it's missing Vincent
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 03-20-2016 at 04:09 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Ok bro just finished vol 1 last night bro and it goes like this: 1-5, 7, 6, 8-11, young avengers presents 6. Then I just flipped through vol 2 for you bro and it goes 17, annual, 12-16, 18-22. Alright bro now about pizza dog issue I didn't get last couple pages dog goes off roof attacking bro and winds up with clown and old lady bro and bro in apartment; what's up with that bro? Seems like I'm missing something.
    Bro.
    I don't have the book in front of me to check, but I'm fairly certain that the Young Avengers issue is the first thing in the Omnibus, so that's different at least.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Although season 2 of DD (5 episodes in) isn't so far, it's missing Vincent
    I don't agree. Jon Bernthal filled that void imo.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rynprc View Post
    I don't have the book in front of me to check, but I'm fairly certain that the Young Avengers issue is the first thing in the Omnibus, so that's different at least.
    That's where it should have been placed IMO.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Fantastic Member

Yes, in the other collections it's at the end probably because it is treated like a bonus, but in Omnibus putting it at the end would be silly.

I googled and the differences made to the issue order in Omnibus vs. 2 OHCs are:
    - YAP at the beginning
    - #17 after #6
    - Annual after #12

I think it's kinda hilarious that all three sets of collections have different order, and I don't agree with any. I think it should be YAP, #1-13, Annual, #14-22.

EDIT: Oh, and I'd also add the story from one of AvX: VS issues, Hawkeye vs. Angel written by Fraction.
    Last edited by Pete Wisdom; 03-21-2016 at 06:21 AM.

The amazon listings have been fixed looks like.

Avengers Epic: Once an Avenger
    Avengers/Inhumans: War of Kings Omni
    Spider-man Clone Saga Omni volume 1

..and all the others. Black Panther Epic!
    Last edited by Canucked; 03-21-2016 at 10:13 AM.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    The amazon listings have been fixed looks like.

Avengers Epic: Once an Avenger
    Avengers/Inhumans: War of Kings Omni
    Spider-man Clone Saga Omni volume 1

..and all the others. Black Panther Epic!
    I am slightly ticked that the War of Kings omni doesn't include Realm of Kings. I would rather that be in there than the Uncanny X-Men Rise and Fall of the Shi'Ar Empire story.

Spectacular Member

From the amazon listing of the war of kings omnibus:

COLLECTING: UNCANNY X-MEN 475-486, X-MEN: EMPEROR VULCAN 1-5, SECRET INVASION: WAR OF KINGS, X-MEN: KINGBREAKER 1-4, WAR OF KINGS: DARKHAWK 1-2, WAR OF KINGS: WARRIORS 1-2, WAR OF KINGS 1-6, WAR OF KINGS: ASCENSION 1-4, WAR OF KINGS: SAVAGE WORLD OF SAKAAR, NOVA 23-28, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 13-19, WAR OF KINGS: WHO WILL RULE?, MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: WAR OF KINGS

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    I am slightly ticked that the War of Kings omni doesn't include Realm of Kings. I would rather that be in there than the Uncanny X-Men Rise and Fall of the Shi'Ar Empire story.
    I much prefer it with Rise and Fall and Emporer Vulcan as opposed to Realm of Kings. This way we get almost the full Gabe Summers story except for Deadly Genesis which was just reprinted in the Giant Size 40th anniversary book.

Spectacular Member

yeah I'm very pleased with that breakdown. I'm sure there will be a subsequent Realm of Kings OHC.