Page 233 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1331832232292302312322332342352362372432833337331233 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I personally would suggest waiting as the Magic 8 Ball says these suckers are going to the bargain bin and the series might not even get completed.

Unless we see volume 2 solicited right away (after the pending official volume one solicit of course) like MoKF or Avengers, the prospect of a line of complete Spider omnis seems suspect.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Wow! $500 for the Clone Saga if all the books are $125 (and you know they will be).
    Quite a pretty penny for a walk down nostalgia avenue.
    If you pay retail. Which, let's be real. That's a big IF. I have probably bought 30+ Omnis and large OHCs the last 4-5 years and I've only paid retail three times that I can remember and that was for some OOP volumes I wanted and bit the bullet and paid cover price for.

To be honest I can only remember twice in the last few years I've seen Omnis in brick and mortar stores. They're just to expensive for the casual fan and folks off the street. It's a very niche market product. Most of the comic stores near me don't even carry them. And I think we all know how to get them for discounts of 50% off or more by buying online on release week or via pre-order.

Well, I now think both of you are batshit crazy, but ya literally made me laugh out loud, so each to their own. If you want to buy it, go for it.
    I personally would suggest waiting as the Magic 8 Ball says these suckers are going to the bargain bin and the series might not even get completed.
    But, hey, fingers crossed for those who want it.
    I just hope it doesn't affect other potential SM omnibus collections.

Personally, I'd like to see the gap closed from the end of Stern's run to the McFarlane on. Folks of course are itching for an ASM 3 and 4. A JMS book might be nice but I wonder if that would need two volumes, and some of Slott's work is probably worth an omnibus edition(s).

And heck, I haven't even mentioned some of those 1980s Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man issues. Great stuff. Heck, Peter David wrote some of it!
    This. A Tom DeFalco or a Bill Mantlo omnibus would be very appreciated. Also, I'm sure this is unpopular, but I'd love to see a Marvel Team-Up omnibus.

Mighty Member

Well, I now think both of you are batshit crazy, but ya literally made me laugh out loud, so each to their own. If you want to buy it, go for it.
    But, hey, fingers crossed for those who want it.
    I just hope it doesn't affect other potential SM omnibus collections.

Personally, I'd like to see the gap closed from the end of Stern's run to the McFarlane on. Folks of course are itching for an ASM 3 and 4. A JMS book might be nice but I wonder if that would need two volumes, and some of Slott's work is probably worth an omnibus edition(s).

And heck, I haven't even mentioned some of those 1980s Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man issues. Great stuff. Heck, Peter David wrote some of it!
    Not sure what's so crazy about the comparison I made. If you want to own the issues in collections, it's not really gonna cost THAT much more for the omni's (vs paperbacks no less). And frankly, if/when this sells well, I would only think it makes it even more probable we see those other collections you and many others want to see happen.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    It's so weird to me they're printing that (at all), but also not reprinting that first trade (since that was last published in 2011 and is now OOP, though not particularly desirable it seems). And neither of these books have The Sensational She Hulk from Marvel Graphic Novel #18 from 1985. I guess we'll all have to buy the Women of Marvel Omnibus for that one!
    If they reprinted Byrne's first book and included GN #18, I'd double (triple!?) dip, since I do love this run. And I'll be picking up this second volume, even though its going to look very odd sitting next to the comparatively tiny vol. 1...

They could complete the Sensational She-Hulk series with two chunky trades (maybe 3 thinner ones?) easily. I wish they would, as there's some good Steve Gerber material to be had in there!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    If you pay retail. Which, let's be real. That's a big IF. I have probably bought 30+ Omnis and large OHCs the last 4-5 years and I've only paid retail three times that I can remember and that was for some OOP volumes I wanted and bit the bullet and paid cover price for.
    No, I agree. I can't recall paying cover but there will be people who put down that money in the brick and mortar stores for at least one volume of that turd stew.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    This. A Tom DeFalco or a Bill Mantlo omnibus would be very appreciated. Also, I'm sure this is unpopular, but I'd love to see a Marvel Team-Up omnibus.
    I think a marvel team up would be cool but I'd like to see one that collects issues 100-150, which I enjoyed more than the earlier ones although that's mostly because those were from the 80s. I doubt something like that would get collected tho.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Not sure what's so crazy about the comparison I made.
    Relax, I was just having fun. I cracked up because I didn't realize the tpbs were OOP.

Incredible Member

I really hate the fact that when the X-Men were going into large spanning stories in the 80's that the stories would crossover to lesser mediocre titles, that's why I've still kept my single issues and haven't given in to buying Mutant Massacre, Fall Of The Mutants, Inferno HC's.

Just for once I'd like Omnibus volumes of just the X-Men stories only that I'd be content with one page summaries of any crossover titles.

Fantastic Member

X-Me Epic Collection, if it ever comes around to that, should be like that, with minimum Mutant Massacre (probably only the New Mutants issue), no other series for Fall of the Mutants, and only two issues of X-Factor that the X-Men actually appear in for Inferno, as opposed to the whole prologue from that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    To me the omni sounds like the "correct" story continuity reading order. It wouldn't have swayed me to the omni but I wish the OHCs had that order.
    I think you mean chronology, not continuity. Sometimes the events are shown out of order for a reason, and while I don't remember the issue itself, yesterday I read a comment that reading #17 that early won't work. I know that I read #6 before #7 and thought that the other way around something would be off too, although can't remember the specifics (it was probably the whole Hawkguy thing).
    Last edited by Pete Wisdom; 03-22-2016 at 01:12 AM.

So is there going to be some double dipping going on between the War of Kings omni and the Guardians of the Galaxy omni..at least in regards to the GoG issues?
    I have the RoK OHC, but was never able to get the WoK OHC, so this suits me just fine! The fact that it collects all the X-men stuff leading up to it is great! Now I just wish they could work something out so that Nova is collected in it's entirety in some form of OHCs or Omnibus.

Fantastic Member

Both have GotG #13-19.

May seem like a pretty trivial detail but I really hope the clone saga omnibus has the 'times roman numeral' lettering on the spine. I like that format

Cheers Pete Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    May seem like a pretty trivial detail but I really hope the clone saga omnibus has the 'times roman numeral' lettering on the spine. I like that format
    I don't think Roman numerals have ever been used before...so I doubt it would be the case. I agree that it probably looks cooler.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    What do you guys and gals think,

Does the Waid/Samnee Daredevil volume 4 live up to or surpass their work in volume 3?
    I basically only read the last arc of volume 4, with Matt wearing the red suit and featuring Kingpin. I didn't like it much compared to volume 3. How does the rest hold up?
    Appreciate it.

I'll also mention that the first couple arcs featuring Rivera and Martin on art actually surpass the rest of volume 3 for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Not especially, its good as far as comics go and I did buy it in OHC, but the first two vols of that series are really great and that may simply be the fresh take on the character in both writing and art. I may just be used to it by volume 4.
    Similar to PP, I'm not a big fan of DD Vol. 4. It's not as good as DD Vol. 3, although I liked a couple of aspects such as the Original Sin 2-parter and the Shroud's character and his part. The rest I disliked or was indifferent to.

I would agree that the first couple of arcs with Rivera and Martin were probably the best of all of Waid's work on Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Cheers Pete Wisdom

I don't think Roman numerals have ever been used before...so I doubt it would be the case. I agree that it probably looks cooler.
    I mean the font for the lettering. Same as you get on the silver age omnibus'

Times new roman I meant lol

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    If this is accurate, then it is still missing:

“War of Kings Saga” from War of Kings: Road to War of Kings TPB. The credited writer for this special issue is Michael Hoskin. It appears Hoskin's writing is based on the stories by Carlos Pacheco, Rafael Marin, David Hine, Paul Jenkins, Sean McKeever, Andy Schmidt, Joe Pokaski, Brian Michael Bendis, Ed Brubaker, Greg Pak, Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning & Christopher Yost. Credited artists are Ladronn, Jorge Pereira Lucas, Frazer Irving, Jae Lee, Matthew Clark, Roy Allan Martinez, Tom Raney, Jim Cheung, Alex Maleev, Trevor Hairsine, Billy Tan, Adi Granov, John Romita Jr., Dustin Weaver, Wellinton Alves & Paul Pelletier. Marvel describes it as: "This saga recounts the events that have led to...WAR OF KINGS! Featuring the X-Men, Inhumans and your favorite cosmic characters, including Nova, Darkhawk and more!"

I haven't read this issue but I'm assuming the Emperor Vulcan/Rise & Fall issues cover some of that material, but obviously not all of it.

and

“The Hole" from X-Men: Divided We Stand (2008) #2, also collected in the War of Kings: Road to War of Kings TPB

Synopsis for "The Hole":
    Imprisoned nearly twenty miles beneath a distant planet, Havok is tormented and broken in an isolated cell by the constant screams of his friends (especially those of his love, Polaris.) Suddenly, Vulcan's face is projected behind him with a large unsettling grimace. He reports to Havok the events that have transpired on Earth in his absence. He tells him of the miraculous mutant baby and the fight that ensued to claim her. Vulcan adds that Cable betrayed them all by kidnapping the child only to lose her again; along with the death of Charles Xavier and of the X-Men. It's all too much for Havok to bear until he realizes that with a mutant baby comes hope for their future. He summons all the energy he possesses to crush the wall projecting his brother's face... And in his defiant and optimistic attitude, Havok vows victory over Vulcan.
    It's also missing Secret Invasion: Inhumans, which while a Secret Invasion tie-in was also a major War of Kings prelude, explaining why the Inhumans left the Moon and went into Kree space to become their rulers.