Page 236 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1361862262322332342352362372382392402462863367361236 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 20768

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    That's not entirely accurate. The main stories of Annihilators and Annihilators: Earthfall are not in the GOTG Omnibus. Just the Rocket & Groot backups. Plus it's missing Son of M and Silent War, which might as well be included if you're going to also include Secret Invasion Inhumans and Deadly Genesis.
    Ahh, thank you, dind't know that where not the full Annihilators stories in the GotG omnibus. So hopefully they will be collected in a Realm of Kings omnibus. And I wasn't sure about the Son of M and Silent war, never read them actually. Maybe they could be in a "road to War of Kings" omnibus.
    Last edited by Eddy82; 03-22-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    For those Europeans amongst you who have ordered from IST (if memory serves me well ShooCat and possibly Cerd the Nerd) do you remember how long it took from the moment the order was shipped to arriving?
    You got your reply from Eddy already, Raffi, but I can confirm it takes a long while. Seldom less than a full month for me. But yeah, rest assured their packaging is worth it.

The Marvel June solicitations are out.

SPIDER-MAN: CLONE SAGA OMNIBUS VOL. 1 Cover:

Collecting WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) #117-125, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #394-401, SPIDER-MAN (1990) #51-58, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #217-224, SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED (1993) #7-9, SPIDER-MAN: FUNERAL FOR AN OCTOPUS #1-3, SPIDER-MAN: THE CLONE JOURNAL and material from SPIDER-MAN COLLECTORS' PREVIEW.
    I happened to sell my old Spanish TPB of Funeral for an Octopus just today. I kept it at my folks', and hadn't even browsed it for over 20 years until today. Ugh. Just terrible, and a painful reminder of why I quit Marvel comics back then. And while I know he has his fans, looking at that Bagley cover makes me shake my head. Perhaps it's just that I associate his art with the awful plots on the title at the time, but I just can't stomach him or the likes of Ron Lim or Howard Mackie.

... I'll still buy it, though. I'm quitting comics again, but I do want to at least have a complete Spidey collection. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    Why would anyone buy this? This material has already been collected in Avengers Versus Thanos and Warlock Complete Collection...

AVT : Iron Man (1968) 55; Captain Marvel (1968) 25-33; Marvel Feature (1971) 12; Daredevil (1964) 105-107; Avengers (1963) 125; Warlock (1972) 9-11, 15; Avengers Annual (1967) 7; Marvel Two -In-One Annual 2; material from Logan 's Run 6

Warlock :Strange Tales 178-181, Warlock 9-15, Avengers Annual 7, Marvel Two-In-One Annual 2
    Looks like they are reprinting the GOTG Solo Omnibus in paperback for each character. Same as the Star-Lord: Guardian of the Galaxy and Drax: Guardian of the Galaxy trades. Gamora just has less classic material to reprint than the others...

The audience for this kind of book is for the more casual reader anyway.

The Marvel June solicitations are out.

SPIDER-MAN: CLONE SAGA OMNIBUS VOL. 1 Cover:

Collecting WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) #117-125, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #394-401, SPIDER-MAN (1990) #51-58, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #217-224, SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED (1993) #7-9, SPIDER-MAN: FUNERAL FOR AN OCTOPUS #1-3, SPIDER-MAN: THE CLONE JOURNAL and material from SPIDER-MAN COLLECTORS' PREVIEW.

Hooo-Haw. Damn, that is one ugly ass cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    And here are all the HCs from the June solicitations:
    INHUMANS/X-MEN: WAR OF KINGS OMNIBUS HC
    Written by ED BRUBAKER, CHRIS YOST, DAN ABNETT, ANDY LANNING, CB CEBULSKI, CHRISTOS GAGE
    & JAY FAERBER
    Penciled by BILLY TAN, CLAYTON HENRY,
    PACO DIAZ, PAUL PELLETIER, BONG DAZO,
    DUSTIN WEAVER, HARVEY TOLIBAO,
    WELLINGTON ALVES, ANDREA DI VITO, KEVIN SHARPE,
    BRAD WALKER, WES CRAIG & MORE
    Cover by DAVID YARDIN
    A cosmic epic connecting the Inhumans, X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy! The Inhumans leave Earth and take their destined place as rulers of the Kree Empire! Meanwhile, Cyclops and Havok's power-mad brother, Vulcan, claims the Shi'ar Empire's throne, bringing the galaxy to the brink of destruction! With the Nova Corps, Starjammers and Guardians caught in the middle, two empires make cosmic war -- and the fallout might just tear the galaxy in half! Collecting UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #475-486, X-MEN: EMPEROR VULCAN #1-5, SECRET INVASION: WAR OF KINGS, X-MEN: KINGBREAKER #1-4, WAR OF KINGS: DARKHAWK #1-2, WAR OF KINGS: WARRIORS #1-2, WAR OF KINGS #1-6, WAR OF KINGS: ASCENSION #1-4, WAR OF KINGS: SAVAGE WORLD OF SAKAAR and WHO WILL RULE?, NOVA (2007) #23-28, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2008) #13-19, MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: WAR OF KINGS and material from X-MEN: DIVIDED WE STAND #2.
    1304 PGS./Rated T+ ...$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90225-4
    Trim size: oversized

no "X-Men: Deadly Genesis (#1-6)"
    ?

Clone Saga's gonna be a hot mess, but at least we got this beauty to look forward to:

I'm assuming most members have this already though? I'm pretty late to the game.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    While many of you are binge-watching The Punisher joining the ranks of the Marvel Cinematic Universe this weekend in Daredevil (I have two episodes left!), you can also catch up on his history in the Marvel Universe with my newest collecting guide: The Definitive Punisher Collecting Guide and Reading Order.

I reviewed the entire Punisher Official Index to the Marvel Universe, plus Comic Book DB and tons of online chronologies, and I am quite certain this guide captures 99% of Punisher's appearances in chronological reading order - with links to collected editions, of course!

To spoil the collecting story a bit, Punisher's original trio of ongoing series are severely undercollected - with just two dedicated TPBs between the pair of them until this Fall with the Potts/Lee TPB. Then, Punisher falls into the uncollected zone from 1995-2000 before Welcome Back Frank. Directly after that, there's a single-arc gap in collections, and from there on out everything is collected except a spare one-shot and 2012's Trial of the Punisher.
    Thought of another omission for you: The Punisher/Wolverine: African Saga TPB - Collects Punisher War Journal (1988-1995 1st Series) #6-7. Written by Carl Potts. Art and cover by Jim Lee. Amazon has the ISBN info as: ISBN-10: 0871356112 and ISBN-13: 978-0871356116, so I assume they're correct but I don't own the book to double check.

That material is collected in "Punisher War Journal Classic" TPB and soon "Punisher War Journal by Carl Potts & Jim Lee" TPB, but I figured you would probably want to include it on your page.

Then there's also this: Classic Punisher TPB (1989). Collects Punisher stories from Marvel Super Action (1976 Magazine) #1 and Marvel Preview (1975-1981 Magazine) #2. Includes the original origin of the Punisher from 1975 and a new story collected for the first time. Black & White.

But that might be what you're referencing in the reading order after the Intruder OGN with "Classic Punisher #1 (3rd story)"
    Last edited by kodave; 03-22-2016 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestinson3 View Post
    Deadly Genesis was just collected in the Giant Size X-Men 40th Anniversary OHC just a few months ago.
    I just wish they release as a solo OHC, I couldn't care less about an Anniversary compilation and it's really the only piece I'm missing in OHC.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    I just wish they release as a solo OHC, I couldn't care less about an Anniversary compilation and it's really the only piece I'm missing in OHC.
    Same here. I really thought it would wind up in a WoK omni when it came. Here is hoping for a companion or a prelude omni. There is enough relevant material that WoK could easily have been a 2 volume. For me the arguments about SI:Inhumans being more SI than prelude to WoK shouldn't preclude it from being in a WoK tagged book because it is so relevant. Seems like Marvel is leaving too much on the table for this one. That's probably just the OHC junkie in me talking though.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Wow, I am REALLY glad I got the Howard the Duck omni in the Marvel sale. I had no idea the complete collection for that title would be THREE volumes at $35/ea! Dodged a MAJOR bullet there!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
    Wow, I am REALLY glad I got the Howard the Duck omni in the Marvel sale. I had no idea the complete collection for that title would be THREE volumes at $35/ea! Dodged a MAJOR bullet there!!
    The Omnibus vs. Complete Collection situation for Howard the Duck isn't that straight forward.

Omnibus: ADVENTURES INTO FEAR #19, MAN-THING (1974) #1, GIANT-SIZE MAN-THING #4-5, HOWARD THE DUCK (1976) #1-33 and ANNUAL #1, MARVEL TREASURY EDITION #12 and MARVEL TEAM-UP #96

Complete Collection Vol. 1: ADVENTURES INTO FEAR #19, MAN-THING (1974) #1, HOWARD THE DUCK (1976) #1-16 and ANNUAL #1, MARVEL TREASURY EDITION #12, and material from GIANT-SIZE MAN-THING #4-5.

Vol. 2: HOWARD THE DUCK (1976) #17-31, HOWARD THE DUCK MAGAZINE #1

Vol. 3: HOWARD THE DUCK MAGAZINE #2-7.

The Omnibus obviously lacks Howard the Duck Magazine #1-7.

The Complete Collections don't yet have a volume collecting Marvel Team-Up #96 or Howard the Duck #32-33 (which came out several years after #31).

Still outstanding is Howard the Duck Magazine #8-9, which will surely end up in a fourth Howard the Duck Complete Collection, probably with the Team-Up and #32-33.

Then there is:

Steve Gerber's It's Adventure Time With Howard the Duck #1 from 1978. The first of 8 planned issues to reprint the newspaper strips, but it was the only issue ever released. So there's the potential Marvel could reprint all of the newspaper strips.

Danny Fingeroth's three issue Howard the Duck: The Movie adaptation from 1986.

Larry Hama's Howard the Duck Holiday Special from 1997.

Steve Gerber's 2002 Howard the Duck MAX six issue series where Howard isn't a duck.

Ty Templeton's 2007 four issue Howard the Duck series.

Also of note:
    Howard cameos in Steve Gerber's Man-Thing #22. Howard appears in Gerber's She-Hulk run during issues #14-17. Howard features in issues #5-7 of 1997's Man-Thing by J.M. DeMatteis.

In Marvel Tales #237, there is the "Ducks and Doom" story by Alan Kupperberg: "The Whoatcher has heartburn and accidentally zaps Spider-Ham and Howard into an alternate dimension where they foil the plans of Ducktor Doom." Howard again cameos in Alan Kupperberg's Marvel Two-In-One #46 "Battle In Burbank!" Howard is also in The Amazing Spider-Man: Back in Quack by Stuart Moore in 2010.

And in the "material from" category:
    According to ComicVine, Howard had four appearances in Marvel's Crazy magazine, a MAD-esque humor publication. Four appearances in What The--?! between 1989-1991. Howard had four appearances in Marvel Age, but I don't know whether any of that was Fred Hembeck material or otherwise original material. Howard also apparently makes 3 appearances in Marvel Fanfare issues. And Howard allegedly appears in a few What If? issues.

Point being - there's a lot more Howard the Duck, especially involving Gerber, that Marvel can collect. Chances of seeing that fourth Howard the Duck Complete Collection are pretty high, but who know if we'll ever see a second Howard the Duck Omnibus with the Magazine issues and beyond. But I think as far as the essential Howard the Duck material goes, getting that Omnibus on clearance is still a great value.

Man...that Clone Saga cover is really bad. I don't like the War of Kings one either (or anything with the typical mass of characters punching each other for that matter).

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    You got your reply from Eddy already, Raffi, but I can confirm it takes a long while. Seldom less than a full month for me. But yeah, rest assured their packaging is worth it.
    Cheers ShooCat for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I happened to sell my old Spanish TPB of Funeral for an Octopus just today. I kept it at my folks', and hadn't even browsed it for over 20 years until today. Ugh. Just terrible, and a painful reminder of why I quit Marvel comics back then. And while I know he has his fans, looking at that Bagley cover makes me shake my head. Perhaps it's just that I associate his art with the awful plots on the title at the time, but I just can't stomach him or the likes of Ron Lim or Howard Mackie.

... I'll still buy it, though. I'm quitting comics again, but I do want to at least have a complete Spidey collection. *shrugs*
    I'm not a big fan of Bagley or Mackie either. I am also, however, planning on picking up all the Spidey Omnibusses for completionist sake.

Quitting comics eh? IIRC, you have every Marvel Omnibus out there bar a dud or two

I like the cover ok. I would have preferred something like Amazing Spiderman 399, but I'm good with any Bagley artwork.

Spectacular Member

"Quitting comics again"

Many have said this before yet I still see them posting here time and time again *insert evil laughter*