Page 24 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834741245241024 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I liked Scalped but the constant cursing made me bored after a bit. Really liked his early Thor, Cap, and Uncanny Avengers but all those runs he lost his mind on. For me he's a strong start followed by insanity.
    So when does Aaron's Thor start to dip? Is it good through the second OHC?

I finally remembered what I need to finish off and it's the complete collections of Brubaker's Cap. I've got Winter Soldier and then it's Red Menace and Death of. Are there complete collections after that? They aren't numbered which is a pain in the arse in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Actually, the 2007 1st (glued) and 2nd (sewn) printings of the Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 Omnibus with the extremely thick quality paper are bigger than the Simonson Thor Omnibus.
    Really? I'm going to go against the grain here and say thank God for thinner pages then! Thor is just too big to be enjoyed properly, i feel like it's one of those that needs a reprint asap.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Actually right after the first OHC he did a story about the dark elves that was really bad. I think it was forced on him because of the Thor 2 movie so I don't give him all of the blame. I would just get the normal Thor God of Thunder vol 4 skipping the contents of vol 3.

And yes making Thor a woman was a you've lost your mind I'm out moment for me so...

Actually right after the first OHC he did a story about the dark elves that was really bad. I think it was forced on him because of the Thor 2 movie so I don't give him all of the blame. I would just get the normal Thor God of Thunder vol 4 skipping the contents of vol 3.

And yes making Thor a woman was a you've lost your mind I'm out moment for me so...
    As opposed to making him a frog?

The frog was still Thor just transformed into a frog. I won't print spoilers of who lady Thor is other than Odinson she aint.

Not to mention I was like 12 when Thor got webbed feet, everything is cool when your 12

The frog was still Thor just transformed into a frog. I won't print spoilers of who lady Thor is other than Odinson she aint.

Not to mention I was like 12 when Thor got webbed feet, everything is cool when your 12
    LOL, yeah agreed.
    Still, I can forgive Thor being "transformed" because technically it's not Thor but rather someone else getting the Thor power if I'm not mistaken. I haven't gotten that far. I liked the first OHC and was so-so on vol. 2.

I liked volume 2 (OHC), but the art isn't as amazing and it's hard to have a bad guys as cool as Gorr. Still good though. Going on to the new Thor is great and the art is amazing.

I've been loving the current Thor, and aside from an awkward moment with Titania, I feel like it's been really engaging and well executed. Aaron on Thor has been really fun.
    Last edited by Canucked; 10-29-2015 at 10:46 AM.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

I gave up on monthly reading with the 3rd arc but I gave up reading everything monthly around that time. The 3rd arc seemed better than the 2nd one so I might gonna get the ohc-s. The 2nd arc wasn't horrible, it was absolutely readable but some elements were just not as good as it could have been and I hated Malekith with a burning passion. Basically he is a Joker for Thor (at least in that story) and I HATE the Joker to begin with and have absolutely zero time and tolerance for 2nd rate bootlegs.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I gave up on monthly reading with the 3rd arc but I gave up reading everything monthly around that time. The 3rd arc seemed better than the 2nd one so I might gonna get the ohc-s. The 2nd arc wasn't horrible, it was absolutely readable but some elements were just not as good as it could have been and I hated Malekith with a burning passion. Basically he is a Joker for Thor (at least in that story) and I HATE the Joker to begin with and have absolutely zero time and tolerance for 2nd rate bootlegs.
    I thought I was alone in my feelings toward the Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I thought I was alone in my feelings toward the Joker.
    Me too Of course you can do him right, I liked the Nolan movie version (and I already hate the SS version since I really dislike Leto) and Morrison did him well in his first story where on the first pages he got shot in the head and thrown in a dumpster. That's how you handle him well
    And speakin' of movies and to go back to Marvel, the Malekith in GoT is even more confusing since it has nothing to do with the movie version, nothing at all!

Incredible Member

I enjoyed the 2nd OHC. There is no doubt that Vol. 1 is epic, but I was entertained through out. It doesn't hurt that one of my favorite "villains" plays a part in the later arcs. I think if Gorr had come later in the series the later arcs might get a bit more slack. As it is he set the bar really high for himself with God Butcher.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I enjoyed the 2nd OHC. There is no doubt that Vol. 1 is epic, but I was entertained through out. It doesn't hurt that one of my favorite "villains" plays a part in the later arcs. I think if Gorr had come later in the series the later arcs might get a bit more slack. As it is he set the bar really high for himself with God Butcher.
    I'm not even a Thor guy and I bought that first OHC because of Gorr, he was the best villain Marvel has come up with in years.

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    I ordered on the 20th. I just checked the order status and it says it's shipped now (it hadn't been progressed at all when I checked it yesterday). So that's pretty cool. I'll kinda believe it when I see it in my mailbox though.
    Do you have vol 1 or getting the reprint? what about vol 3? I know vol 3 isnt out yet but how is the material in it?

Look at all this Gorr love. Collected Edition and classic collectors are his biggest fans.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.