Page 242 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1421922322382392402412422432442452462522923427421242 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 20773
    Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    I dunno, maybe I'm just an old man now who hasn't kept up with what's hip, so I have to ask... When did The Clone Saga become a fan favorite? At the time it was considered a sprawling, never ending mess. I thought the trades were released ironically like The Crossing or the 90s omnibus, but a lot of people seem to really want this omnibus. Not bashing the actual quality of the story, since I've never read it myself and couldn't give a valid opinion of it. Just commenting on the shift in audience reception since the original publication.
    I don't think Marvel is in the business of releasing books ironically so much as releasing books to make money. I may have said this on here in the last few days (sorry if I'm repeating myself) but a lot of the time-sensitive stuff (like it being as sprawling and never-ending as you rightly mention) is neutered by how it's collected in trades. All that's left now is the story which can be assessed on its own merit and a lot of people (myself included) found a lot of good material at that time, arguably moreso than the bad stuff.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billabonghotrod View Post
    Weird that they are putting out omnis for Ms Marvel, Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy while they are still currently being written by the same authors. Are they going to be labeled as volume 1? Really wish we could have got some stuff that hasn't been collected yet in oversized format.
    The Ms. Marvel and GotG Bendis Omnibusses are labelled as Vol. 1 in the Edelweiss catalogue, so yes, presumably there will be more.

I reckon anything labelled Deadpool will be Omnibussed at some point. The word Deadpool draws money at the moment so Marvel will keep regurgitating Deadpool collections.

Incredible Member

Soo should I buy all the Thanos HCs or wait for an omnibus? My preference is Omnibus, but I don't want to pay over price for the HC's waiting for an omnibus.

I have a question about the upcoming Bendis GotG omnibus. I've got the first two OHC's (still have to find some time to read them), but I saw the omnibus got the Avengers Assemble books in it. Is this story necessary for reading Bendis GotG?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    I have a question about the upcoming Bendis GotG omnibus. I've got the first two OHC's (still have to find some time to read them), but I saw the omnibus got the Avengers Assemble books in it. Is this story necessary for reading Bendis GotG?
    Not really, other than it explains why Iron Man is on the team (it's not a big surprise but I don't want to say just in case someone would consider it a spoiler). It's more an avengers story and the guardians show up. I'd say it's a semi-prelude and a way for marvel to launch the guardians series with Bendis at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Not really, other than it explains why Iron Man is on the team (it's not a big surprise but I don't want to say just in case someone would consider it a spoiler). It's more an avengers story and the guardians show up. I'd say it's a semi-prelude and a way for marvel to launch the guardians series with Bendis at the time.
    Thanks, I'll think I'll track down the OHC then and give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    Thanks, I'll think I'll track down the OHC then and give it a try.
    It had been remaindered and going at clearance for a while. I reckon you should still be able to pick it up for cheap.

Btw, just received my very first order from IST. I felt like a kid when I saw it waiting by my desk at work.

It took 18 days to arrive from when I ordered, and 16 days from when it was actually processed/shipped. That's pretty impressive for Poland. Even better than the majority of my orders from amazon.com. I have 2 more orders coming, so let's see how they do.

And I can confirm that the package was bomb-proof. Immaculate packaging!

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    I dunno, maybe I'm just an old man now who hasn't kept up with what's hip, so I have to ask... When did The Clone Saga become a fan favorite? At the time it was considered a sprawling, never ending mess. I thought the trades were released ironically like The Crossing or the 90s omnibus, but a lot of people seem to really want this omnibus. Not bashing the actual quality of the story, since I've never read it myself and couldn't give a valid opinion of it. Just commenting on the shift in audience reception since the original publication.
    Clone saga came out in my young days of collecting but everyone I know hated it.

But they still bought it. Every issue.

When people compare comics to soap operas, this is the first book I think about. My horde of sisters used to watch soap operas daily (I could never use the VCR back then) and all they did was pretend they didn't watch them, or complain about then, or make fun of how stupid they were...but they kept returning. All my friends were reading Spider-man gasping at what went on.

Now put that on top of that there's the nostalgia factor, which current generations ruin their wallets with.

The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Picked these up last night. Pre-Owned. $15 each.

IMG_3498.jpg

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    Those are such fun reads! I picked up the first Superior book on a lark and got sucked in SO QUICKLY.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Anyone got a link to the PDF download of the catalog? I hate trying to search back and forth on their site for different books. It's not very user friendly. The PDF is much easier to skim.
    They finally put up the correct link for the PDF version. Enjoy!

http://images.abovethetreeline.com/e...0(reduced).pdf

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Alright. Good to know, I've got volumes 1 and 2, 3 on order..

Also, pertaining to the Deadpool Omni, the only thing it contains that isn't in the 5 Deadpool OHC (including Dracula's Gauntlet), is the Death of Wolverine One-Shot correct?
    That one shot was the best thing to come out of Death of Wolverine. I'm in the minority in loving the mini, with the McNiven art, but I can understand some of the hatred overall.

However from a Deadpool standpoint, it contributes nothing to the main series so I still prefer the OHCs.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Spectacular Member

Pleased to see an Inferno Crossovers TPB slated for December that collects the remaining contents of the OHC (those issues not already reproduced in the two-volume Inferno TPB set this year). I refuse to pay an insane price for the Inferno OHC, and these three trades will make for a nice alternative to the two hardcovers.

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post

IMG_3498.jpg
    Nice little Haul at a nice price. You should be able to also pick up Vol. 3 at a decent price if you look around.