Page 243 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 1431932332392402412422432442452462472532933437431243 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 20730

It's been at least 2 months I haven't visited this thread and I realize that a Abnett & Lanning omnibus for Guardians will be released soon. I bought the 2 complete collection last year collecting guardians 1-25. Are the extra contained in the omnibus (ignition 1-6, devastation 1, annihilators 1-4 and earthfall 1-4) considered essential material ? Should I be upgrading just to get these? Thanks for the help guys!
    To release yourselves from this Web of Wisdom, this knotted Maze of Delirium,
    you must enter the nuclear portals of the Electric Castle!

I am still shocked with the success of the Netflix Daredevil series that the Bendis and Brubaker Omnis have not been reprinted. Instead they are making new collections like Clone Saga, the story that lost a generation of comic readers. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I am still shocked with the success of the Netflix Daredevil series that the Bendis and Brubaker Omnis have not been reprinted. Instead they are making new collections like Clone Saga, the story that lost a generation of comic readers. Meh.
    On this topic. any rumors about a reprint of Punisher Max Omnibus by Ennis? I am tempted to grab the complete collection TPB instead of waiting as I've heard it's a great run.

Spectacular Member

Deadpool by Posehn and Duggan Omnibus has a price of $100 ($113 CAN) in the catalog, for over 1300 pages. Not that I'm complaining about a lower price, but Guardians, Clone Saga, etc are $125/$158 for less pages. We think we know Marvel's pricing strategy, then they throw a curveball at us...
    Last edited by Ivan P91; 03-25-2016 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Those are such fun reads! I picked up the first Superior book on a lark and got sucked in SO QUICKLY.
    Superior brought me back to SM after I left when the marriage was dissolved. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    Deadpool by Posehn and Duggan Omnibus has a price of $100 ($113 CAN) in the catalog, for over 1300 pages. Not that I'm complaining about a lower price, but Guardians, Clone Saga, etc are $125/$158 for less pages. We think we know Marvel's pricing strategy, then they throw a curveball at us...

Don't get too excited. That $100 is probably a placeholder for the soon-to-be $125 price tag.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Maybe they're deciding whether or not to release all 4 Omni's, or just combine both runs into Two Omni's as if I recall correctly, they were all slightly smaller Omni's when I saw them at a LCS

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    They finally put up the correct link for the PDF version. Enjoy!

http://images.abovethetreeline.com/e...0(reduced).pdf
    Holy...?! I never thought I'd see so many Doctor Strange books!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Sad thing is, I recall a couple weeks ago a user was asking about the potential of a Bendis GotG Omni, and everyone shot him down. :/
    That was me! I was just trying to figure out what omni's would be coming out for next years movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    On this topic. any rumors about a reprint of Punisher Max Omnibus by Ennis? I am tempted to grab the complete collection TPB instead of waiting as I've heard it's a great run.
    Ennis' MAX run was never collected in omnibus; his Marvel Knights run was. So for the first MK run, you can get the original trades or the omni. For the MAX run, you can get the original trades, the OHCs or the new complete collections.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Maybe they're deciding whether or not to release all 4 Omni's, or just combine both runs into Two Omni's as if I recall correctly, they were all slightly smaller Omni's when I saw them at a LCS
    I'd love Bendis' run in omnibus form and a reprint is the only way I'd buy them. My ultimate collections are falling apart. I'm guessing the two Bendis omnibuses were quite a bit thicker than the Brubaker pair because each of the three paperbacks of Bendis' run is twice the size as the three Brubaker collections.

Quote Originally Posted by JShilpetski View Post
    Ennis' MAX run was never collected in omnibus; his Marvel Knights run was. So for the first MK run, you can get the original trades or the omni. For the MAX run, you can get the original trades, the OHCs or the new complete collections.
    They've got me with the complete collection because the only thing I'm missing is the Born trade and the compete collection was cheaper the last time I checked.

Maybe they're waiting for the release of 'The Defenders' show to reprint Bendis' DD run in Omnibus. You would have most of the lead characters in that run, so It'd make sense.
    Last edited by Yaggi_Rck; 03-25-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    Maybe they're waiting for the release of 'The Defenders' show to reprint Bendis' DD run in Omnibus. You would have most of the lead characters in that run, so It'd make sense.
    It's gonna be a while if that's the case unless they do the Defenders as a mini-series (something I hope Netflix are looking in to, 3 or 4 episode specials that could introduce more characters without having to dedicate as much money or time.) I think this time of year is now Daredevil's new season time regardless of plans for other shows. I think they are going to be bolder and have more than two series a year allowing for Daredevil to continue yearly where it is. Not like they're flooding their own schedule, they encourage binge watching.

Any opinions on the upcoming Cap Epic?

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

CLONE SAGA OMNI --
    Collecting WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) #117-125
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #394-401
    SPIDER-MAN (1990) #51-58
    SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #217-224

I am going to have to pull these issues out of the longbox graveyard and try to give them a re-read.
    I honestly can not remember what was so awful about the Clone Saga.
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 03-26-2016 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    It's been at least 2 months I haven't visited this thread and I realize that a Abnett & Lanning omnibus for Guardians will be released soon. I bought the 2 complete collection last year collecting guardians 1-25. Are the extra contained in the omnibus (ignition 1-6, devastation 1, annihilators 1-4 and earthfall 1-4) considered essential material ? Should I be upgrading just to get these? Thanks for the help guys!
    Anybody to help me taking the decision to upgrade the gotg run to the omnibus format? Thx!