Page 244 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1441942342402412422432442452462472482542943447441244 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    I am going to have to pull these issues out of the longbox graveyard and try to give them a re-read.
    I honestly can not remember what was so awful about the Clone Saga.
    It wasn't any particular story (or, well, it wasn't every story, "Maximum Cloneage was downright friggin horrible). It was the fact that the "saga" went on for years and years with a feeling that the creators had no idea where it was going. A feeling which would later be confirmed as 100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore View Post
    It wasn't any particular story (or, well, it wasn't every story, "Maximum Cloneage was downright friggin horrible). It was the fact that the "saga" went on for years and years with a feeling that the creators had no idea where it was going. A feeling which would later be confirmed as 100% true.
    Wasn't the worst thing that Peter Parker wasn't the real Spider-Man but just thought he was and we'd been fooled over thirty years of stories too?

(My first comic was a Spidey issue with Peter badly ill in a hospital bed and Ben Reilly being Spider-Man. With no other context except the cartoon I knew it was a bit strange but still liked it enough to spark a life long love of comics so it couldn't of been all bad.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Wasn't the worst thing that Peter Parker wasn't the real Spider-Man but just thought he was and we'd been fooled over thirty years of stories too?
    That too. Though that's one feeling that I imagine wouldn't return while re-reading.

Not sure if this was asked already since this thread moves soo quickly but can anyone confirm the price for the upcoming Daredevil companion omni? CGN has it for $125 and Amazon has it listed for $100.

Quote Originally Posted by smc123 View Post
    Not sure if this was asked already since this thread moves soo quickly but can anyone confirm the price for the upcoming Daredevil companion omni? CGN has it for $125 and Amazon has it listed for $100.
    According to Marvel Book Previews, it should cost 99.99$

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I am still shocked with the success of the Netflix Daredevil series that the Bendis and Brubaker Omnis have not been reprinted. Instead they are making new collections like Clone Saga, the story that lost a generation of comic readers. Meh.
    Don't forget they just re-printed Millers run with the companion on the way. Might be too many competing titles if they also re-printed the Bendis and Brubaker runs. I think we will see them eventually (at least the Bendis run)..might be when the DVDs come out.

I'd love Bendis' run in omnibus form and a reprint is the only way I'd buy them. My ultimate collections are falling apart. I'm guessing the two Bendis omnibuses were quite a bit thicker than the Brubaker pair because each of the three paperbacks of Bendis' run is twice the size as the three Brubaker collections.
    I never understood how peoples books fall a part unless there is some serious manufacturing fault. I have comics that are over 30 years old, been read multiple times and are still in good shape. How are you reading these things??

They're not actually falling apart, I was just being overly dramatic for effect lol. They're definitely my most re-read books though I just mostly want the larger art.

I'm reading all of the Avengers and New Avengers leading up to SW so I can read the copy I just received and boy is it exhausting.

Hickman has really fallen off the deep end. I find myself getting frustrated reading story after story of alternate futures, different timelines and alternate realities. It's made worse by how much he jumps around. By the end of Avengers vol 3 and NA vol 2 I'm so disoriented and disinterested in all the characters who may or may not be the real versions of the 616 characters I find it a chore to keep reading.

Hickman has abandoned all context and I find myself feeling like I'm just floating through different comic books with no anchor. No understanding of what is going on or why I should care.

Can't writers just write a story about heroes stopping a baddie without all the future timelines and alternate realities anymore? I've just about had it with DC and Marvel these days.

Seriously, it feels exhausting. I'm probably reading the wrong books though. I should crack open my Amazing Spider-man vol 1.

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    CLONE SAGA OMNI --
    I am going to have to pull these issues out of the longbox graveyard and try to give them a re-read.
    I honestly can not remember what was so awful about the Clone Saga.
    It wasn't that awful ... at least at the beginning. I was a regular reader of the Spidey series at this time and it was actually pretty cool. Several new creepy villains were introduced (new Vulture, new Dock Ock, Kaine, Scrier, Traveller, etc) and it literally felt like anything could happen from one month to the next. The stories up thru ASM 400 were actually great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore View Post
    Well I wouldn't necessarily say "years & years". It lasted roughly 2 years, but FELT like much longer because there were four monthly spider-books at the time plus the quarterly Spider-Man Unlimited and various mini-series running alongside the main books.

The problem was that marketing got involved and because the Spidey books were selling like hot cakes in an era when sales were down across the board, they overruled the creators and editors and ran the story for much longer than originally intended. Pete was supposed to be revealed as the clone in ASM 400 then we would have gotten about 6 months with Ben as Spidey before the whole thing was reset. But that never happened and instead got 2 years of endless teases about who was what and no one really knew who the mastermind was behind the saga.

You guys should go look up Gleen Greenberg's "Life of Reilly" column which ran online originally around 2001-02 and recapped the saga with interviews from the various creators. What they should've done was the proposed-then-editorially-nixed Time Loop theory in which at some point in the past someone intervened and both Ben & Pete were the "real Spidey" because of a time paradox. It was a little cosmic for Spidey, but no worse than what they did with OMD years later.

Yep. That's it.

Fantastic Member

What do you think guys: is it possible to see Miracleman omnibus on some day? I really want to read it but don't want to buy the standard HCs. Its art is too beautiful for this format.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    What do you think guys: is it possible to see Miracleman omnibus on some day? I really want to read it but don't want to buy the standard HCs. Its art is too beautiful for this format.
    If there was one book that marvel held the rights to that I wish DC did, it would be Miracleman, then at least we would get it in an Absolute, it's too good (and important) a book not to be available in the best quality available, and that ain't a marvel omni

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    If there was one book that marvel held the rights to that I wish DC did, it would be Miracleman, then at least we would get it in an Absolute, it's too good (and important) a book not to be available in the best quality available, and that ain't a marvel omni
    Totally agree. But I hope Marvel will release at list omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Don't forget they just re-printed Millers run with the companion on the way. Might be too many competing titles if they also re-printed the Bendis and Brubaker runs. I think we will see them eventually (at least the Bendis run)..might be when the DVDs come out.

I never understood how peoples books fall a part unless there is some serious manufacturing fault. I have comics that are over 30 years old, been read multiple times and are still in good shape. How are you reading these things??
    Some of my early Image trades fell apart, the pages came loose from the spine. From memory a couple of Rex Mundi books fell apart and Athena Inc.

My AoA Omni was badly manufactured. The pages were glued to the block in a messed up way, and the whole thing is very fragile. I wish I could afford a copy of the new printing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    It's both possible and probable. But you're probably just going to have to hold tight and wait. Marvel is going to milk Miracleman for everything they can. That will eventually include an Omnibus.