Page 245 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1451952352412422432442452462472482492552953457451245 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    If there was one book that marvel held the rights to that I wish DC did, it would be Miracleman, then at least we would get it in an Absolute, it's too good (and important) a book not to be available in the best quality available, and that ain't a marvel omni
    Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    It's both possible and probable. But you're probably just going to have to hold tight and wait. Marvel is going to milk Miracleman for everything they can. That will eventually include an Omnibus.
    Exactly. I suspect they'll even create some type of newer format for it as well like the Absolutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Can't writers just write a story about heroes stopping a baddie without all the future timelines and alternate realities anymore? I've just about had it with DC and Marvel these days.

Seriously, it feels exhausting. I'm probably reading the wrong books though. I should crack open my Amazing Spider-man vol 1.
    I hope you don't mean the post-Superior volume one....

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Exactly. I suspect they'll even create some type of newer format for it as well like the Absolutes.
    As a side note, if Marvel did release a new Absolute quality format, what should Marvel release?

I'd enjoy an Absolute Old Man Logan

Mighty Member

As a side note, if Marvel did release a new Absolute quality format, what should Marvel release?

Really? Born again jumps out as a no brainer. The Elektra's saga maybe? First volume of runaways. Wth, I'll throw spiderman: blue out there too. Would love an oversized slipcase version of that. Kinda drawing a blank here, cause when I think absolute it's same writer/artist collabo in that 6-12 issue range

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Really? Born again jumps out as a no brainer. The Elektra's saga maybe? First volume of runaways. Wth, I'll throw spiderman: blue out there too. Would love an oversized slipcase version of that. Kinda drawing a blank here, cause when I think absolute it's same writer/artist collabo in that 6-12 issue range
    I'm more of a modern comics fan, hence the OML, maybe Nextwave as well

Elektra Assassin would look beautiful in that size.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I'm reading all of the Avengers and New Avengers leading up to SW so I can read the copy I just received and boy is it exhausting.

Seriously, it feels exhausting. I'm probably reading the wrong books though. I should crack open my Amazing Spider-man vol 1.
    As someone who loves every panel of Hickman's indie work up until he started the Avengers run, I couldn't agree more. It felt like he was building to something massive and interesting before Infinity, but then it just kept spiraling out into more universes and dimensions and futures and having less impact.

Interspersing Avengers World helps, since those stories tend to be a bit more human and they stemmed from the material Hickman couldn't wedge into the main book to keep it running on schedule.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Kodave is spot on.

I think everyone who speculates in this thread add "maybe" "who knows" "unlikely" but it's still just a speculation thread until Krisis is hired as head of marvels collected editions department.

But also, Marvel is making GOTG into a big franchise but once bendis has an omni then they have actually run out of material for that team to put into books. The solo book was a stretch. They may try and get the 3000 team(s) omnified but will that confuse audiences?
    Your guess is as good as ours (tm)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Maybe they're deciding whether or not to release all 4 Omni's, or just combine both runs into Two Omni's as if I recall correctly, they were all slightly smaller Omni's when I saw them at a LCS
    That would kind of piss me off because I have Vol 2 of Brubaker and Bendis but I'm missing vol 1 of both...
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Mighty Member

I'm more of a modern comics fan, hence the OML, maybe Nextwave as well
    Me too, but I thought you had better taste I'd prefer EotS to OML. But hey, I say fake absolute them both!!
    Last edited by awayne83; 03-26-2016 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    As someone who loves every panel of Hickman's indie work up until he started the Avengers run, I couldn't agree more. It felt like he was building to something massive and interesting before Infinity, but then it just kept spiraling out into more universes and dimensions and futures and having less impact.

Interspersing Avengers World helps, since those stories tend to be a bit more human and they stemmed from the material Hickman couldn't wedge into the main book to keep it running on schedule.
    Yeah I've loved all of his work all the way up through Infinity. But now.... it's just a mess without anything to ground it. It seems like half of his dialog is someone spouting pseudo scientific concepts that he thinks are super cool but they turn the dialog into weightless jargon.

He tries to convey these complex ideas in throwaway statements and he gets so lost in his own vision that he forgets to ground any of it in the characters the books are supposed to be about. Not to mention how jarring his story telling has become. Between New Avengers 34 and 35 we seem to have jumped to the future or an alternate reality or something but we get no time stamp or location. We just get "Day One".

What does that even mean? I find myself just speed reading through it all in hopes of getting to a point where it all makes sense again. Not there yet. I'll check out Avengers World though. That might help.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Maybe they're deciding whether or not to release all 4 Omni's, or just combine both runs into Two Omni's as if I recall correctly, they were all slightly smaller Omni's when I saw them at a LCS
    Brubaker's two Omnis come in at just over 1000 pages, so that could be combined into one Omnibus.

Bendis' run is over 1500 pages. Today's Omnibuses seem to tap out around 1300 pages, so they'd have to set a new record to accommodate Bendis's run.

In any event it doesn't make a ton of sense. Those two runs will sell. Guaranteed money. Why not milk it for two Omnibuses per run? They could probably charge $125 for each book too and people would pay it. Some of the Omnibuses are truly licenses to print cash.

All-New Member

Yeah I've loved all of his work all the way up through Infinity. But now.... it's just a mess without anything to ground it. It seems like half of his dialog is someone spouting pseudo scientific concepts that he thinks are super cool but they turn the dialog into weightless jargon.

He tries to convey these complex ideas in throwaway statements and he gets so lost in his own vision that he forgets to ground any of it in the characters the books are supposed to be about. Not to mention how jarring his story telling has become. Between New Avengers 34 and 35 we seem to have jumped to the future or an alternate reality or something but we get no time stamp or location. We just get "Day One".

What does that even mean? I find myself just speed reading through it all in hopes of getting to a point where it all makes sense again. Not there yet. I'll check out Avengers World though. That might help.
    New Avengers finished with issue 33...

edit: I guess you meant issues 24 and 25. Both Avengers title had a timeskip 8 months into the future around those issues. Day One has no real significance beyond letting you know these events take place over however many days ( I think it was 3 in that particular issue) and it's 616.
    Last edited by Zappster; 03-26-2016 at 08:59 PM.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Warning: Avengers World really has very little to do with the spine of Hickman's story. It's just Avengers being actual Avengers and doing stuff around the world, more like the were in the arcs right before Infinity. It doesn't fill in anything, it just helps put a face on it and returns the voice the characters you love.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Old Man Logan's art is worthy, for sure. Would have rather had an Absolute size Marvels than the platinum one. All the Loeb/Sale series, since their DC work shines in that format. Infinity Gauntlet. X-Men: Asgardian Wars. Ultimates 1 and 2. Two or three volume Claremont/Byrne X-Men. Could go on, but those jumped to my mind right away.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Hello night owls, early-risers, and European fans! It's another weekend, which brings another of my long-simmering guides to completion: Luke Cage, Power Man.

Luke Cage had an amazing initial 14yr run that just kept on going from Hero For Hire to Power Man to Power Man & Iron Fist. After that, he got put on ice until his series Cage in 1992 (which I seriously never even knew about until last year) and a return for Heroes for Hire in 1997. After that he almost faded into obscurity, but he was rescued by Marvel Knights and Brian Bendis, who installed him as a supporting player in Alias and Daredevil before using him to anchor New Avengers. Since then, Luke Cage has been a non-stop Avenger - not to mention a regular Iron Fist co-star and star of a respectable run in Thunderbolts. Now, he's officially reunited with Danny Rand in their first headline series together in almost 20 years!

How much of it is collected? If you don't mind B&W coverage and waiting another year, you can grab every Cage-starring series ever aside from PM&IF #100-125, and that's only two Epic collections away. If you're not down with Essentials, then you'll also be waiting for pre-Iron Fist Power Man to get MMW'd.

I'm really cruising through my backlog now - I'm almost at the point that I can start some newer things. (PS: Still tons of corrections to make to Punisher from your comments over the past week, all of which I greatly appreciate.)
    Last edited by krisis; 03-27-2016 at 06:03 AM.