Page 246 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1461962362422432442452462472482492502562963467461246 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Hello night owls, early-risers, and European fans! It's another weekend, which brings another of my long-simmering guides to completion: Luke Cage, Power Man.

I'm really cruising through my backlog now - I'm almost at the point that I can start some newer things. (PS: Still tons of corrections to make to Punisher from your comments over the past week, all of which I greatly appreciate.)
    Your tireless dedication to collections is unparalleled. Kudos Krisis.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Hello night owls, early-risers, and European fans! It's another weekend, which brings another of my long-simmering guides to completion: Luke Cage, Power Man.

Luke Cage had an amazing initial 14yr run that just kept on going from Hero For Hire to Power Man to Power Man & Iron Fist. After that, he got put on ice until his series Cage in 1992 (which I seriously never even knew about until last year) and a return for Heroes for Hire in 1997. After that he almost faded into obscurity, but he was rescued by Marvel Knights and Brian Bendis, who installed him as a supporting player in Alias and Daredevil before using him to anchor New Avengers. Since then, Luke Cage has been a non-stop Avenger - not to mention a regular Iron Fist co-star and star of a respectable run in Thunderbolts. Now, he's officially reunited with Danny Rand in their first headline series together in almost 20 years!

How much of it is collected? If you don't mind B&W coverage and waiting another year, you can grab every Cage-starring series ever aside from PM&IF #100-125, and that's only two Epic collections away. If you're not down with Essentials, then you'll also be waiting for pre-Iron Fist Power Man to get MMW'd.

I'm really cruising through my backlog now - I'm almost at the point that I can start some newer things. (PS: Still tons of corrections to make to Punisher from your comments over the past week, all of which I greatly appreciate.)
    You da man, Charlie Brown!
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    As a side note, if Marvel did release a new Absolute quality format, what should Marvel release?

I'd enjoy an Absolute Old Man Logan
    So many books!

Marvels, Earth X, Avengers Forever, Inhumans (Jae Lee and Paul Jenkins), Secret Wars (that Ribbic art would look amazing!). Then on a more selfish slant I'd love to see Infinity, Messiah Complex, Apache Skies, Blaze of Glory, and The Ultimates Vol1&2

Quote Originally Posted by Zappster View Post
    New Avengers finished with issue 33...

edit: I guess you meant issues 24 and 25. Both Avengers title had a timeskip 8 months into the future around those issues. Day One has no real significance beyond letting you know these events take place over however many days ( I think it was 3 in that particular issue) and it's 616.
    Oh right, thanks for the correction. I was looking at Avengers numbering but talking about New Avengers. Yeah the skip in of 8 months is mentioned in Avengers but not in NA so it was confusing.

Did y'all see this:
    Where can I get it?!

I love Sienkiewicz's work, Elektra is my favourite book of all time, just have to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Where can I get it?!

I love Sienkiewicz's work, Elektra is my favourite book of all time, just have to buy it.
    Keep an eye on IDW's webstore. It should go up there in a week or so.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Oh right, thanks for the correction. I was looking at Avengers numbering but talking about New Avengers. Yeah the skip in of 8 months is mentioned in Avengers but not in NA so it was confusing.
    I loved the first few arcs of New Avengers. I heard it really sours up around time runs out and that has put me off of finishing it.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My recent accumulated Marvel Collected haul:

Good to see the era of Marvel Omnibus Volume 3's is upon us

My first IST order consisted of the UXM Vol. 3 Omnibus, MMW Daredevil Vol. 10 HC and SM Complete Alien Saga Vol. 3. Looking forward to my next orders arriving

The only reason I purchased the Superior Iron Man PHC was due to the Daredevil appearances in the San Francisco story arc and I wanted to read it in conjunction with the second Daredevil Waid series. It probably took me 15-20 mins to read and I wasn't too impressed with the story although the art was pretty good. I managed to pick it up for pretty cheap from a local auction site.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The only reason I purchased the Superior Iron Man PHC was due to the Daredevil appearances in the San Francisco story arc and I wanted to read it in conjunction with the second Daredevil Waid series.
    That's..... dedication !!?
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    That's..... dedication !!?
    LOL. Yeah, I was really hoping they would squeeze these 5 issues in one of the DD OHCs, but as it's not linked to Waid or Samnee in any way, no such luck.

For anyone interested, I reckon the Superior Iron Man Infamous story is best read between Daredevil #7 and #8 of Waid's second DD series.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Can anyone guesstimate how many volumes of Omnibi the Clone Saga will require? (judging by Vol 1's contents)

2, 3, 4?
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-28-2016 at 10:09 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Can anyone guesstimate how many volumes of Omnibi the Clone Saga will require? (judging by Vol 1's contents)

2, 3, 4?
    From my post on March 21st ...

The Spidey Clone Saga Omnibus roughly covers the first three Clone Saga Epic TPs. The Omni is 144 pgs less than the first three TPs and (according to the amazon fish) will not contain the Saga of the Symboites crossover from the 1995 Super Specials. Just looking at page counts alone, this will take 4 Omnis to cover the entire Clone Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

2, 3, 4?
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    From my post on March 21st ...

The Spidey Clone Saga Omnibus roughly covers the first three Clone Saga Epic TPs. The Omni is 144 pgs less than the first three TPs and (according to the amazon fish) will not contain the Saga of the Symboites crossover from the 1995 Super Specials. Just looking at page counts alone, this will take 4 Omnis to cover the entire Clone Saga.
    I wonder if they'll collect the entire saga if sales on Vol. 1 suck. I figure they'll get through at least two volumes, but if V. 2 joins its predecessor in the no-doubt bargain bin, maybe they'll stop this nonsense and collect some other SM-related material that's being held up due to the clone crappage.

Just my two cents and the rare time I disagree with with grahamgg.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Where can I get it?!

WHOA. I completely missed the talk of the New Mutants Artist Edition! Thanks for asking this question!