Page 248 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1481982382442452462472482492502512522582983487481248 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 20773
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    So im basically sold, do these books only contain snippets or are they pretty much a full story arc?
    I am not possessing these beautiful items, but I think I am gonna get the Hulk book.
    The artists selected the issues for these collections.
    So the content of the Sal Buscema Hulk book is:

INCREDIBLE HULK #226-227, 250, 260-261, 268-272, 282-284, 291, and INCREDIBLE HULK ANNUAL #14

George Perez Avengers:
    The Avengers #141-143, 160-162, 170-171, 194, 201, Vol 3 #1-3, 10-12

You can get the Hulk book from IDW for 100 dollars:
    http://idwlimited.com/shop/sal-busce...gned-numbered/
    I don't know what the SRP is because it differs from shop to shop.

Here are some links with informations to the Hulk book.
    a) https://hulkcollection.wordpress.com...t-series-2015/
    b) http://biffbampop.com/2015/12/03/hol...o-chris-ryall/
    Interview with Chris Ryall (IDW CCO/Editor-in-Chief)
    Last edited by Jaepuck; 03-29-2016 at 03:22 AM.

Jaepuck sums it up well, but remember that in the time of Buscema Hulk and early Perez Avengers, 1-2 issues was a story arc, not the 6-issues per arc you see today!

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Interesting question. They're more than willing to print a volume one irregardless of whether the story sucks, but then again Marvel has shown time and time again that they're willing to orphan even a good run of books (X-Factor by Peter David (in)Complete Collection anyone?)
    Not that I'm a huge fan of it, but Bruce Jones' Hulk run was orphaned twice in collected format (OHC and MPC). The only way to get the run collected is to buy the small 5-6 issue TPs. The latter of which are somewhat hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Not that I'm a huge fan of it, but Bruce Jones' Hulk run was orphaned twice in collected format (OHC and MPC). The only way to get the run collected is to buy the small 5-6 issue TPs. The latter of which are somewhat hard to find.
    I'm missing the last one and it is a pain to get at a decent price.

I just cant see them going the distance with the Clone Saga. Nobody involved with it thinks it was good. Casual readers may have picked it up once, but 3-4 books at $125 a pop? Nostalgia only gets you so far!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I just cant see them going the distance with the Clone Saga. Nobody involved with it thinks it was good. Casual readers may have picked it up once, but 3-4 books at $125 a pop? Nostalgia only gets you so far!
    They are apparently making multiple volumes of the Masters of Kung fu thing. Selling well obviously isn't a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
    They are apparently making multiple volumes of the Masters of Kung fu thing. Selling well obviously isn't a concern.
    I don't if MOKF was a good series or not, but it does have the distinction of never having been collected before.
    Last edited by DrGregatron; 03-29-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    CGN still has the hulk one listed at 20% off, and I am about 99% certain I remember seeing it on IST just don't remember how much of a discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I bought the Hulk from CGN and am thinking of getting the Avengers from IST (it's cheaper than CGN currently).
    Thanks folks

Quote Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
    There's also some suspicion that the deal Marvel has with the family to reprint this material might play a role so it could come down to rights rather than money. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    There's also some suspicion that the deal Marvel has with the family to reprint this material might play a role so it could come down to rights rather than money. Maybe.
    MoKF has a fanbase, and rights issues kept it from ever being collected. Who is a fan of the clone saga?

All-New Member

I just finished up Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol 3 and I absolutely loved it.

Finishing it has me once again thinking about how we are going to close the gaps in Claremonts run. We will obviously get either a Vol 4 or a Claremont/ JR Jr omnibus that will close the biggest gap, but we will still have that pesky gap between Mutant Massacre and Fall of the Mutants.

The recent news that War of Kings is getting the omnibus treatment has me thinking that they might go the same route and instead of a small OHC to fill the gap, they will just do a Mutant Massacre Omnibus and close all the small gaps that way.

I know that this way isn't ideal for anyone that already has Mutant Massacre is OHC, but I would much rather rebuy it as an omnibus than have that gap never filled.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jestinson3 View Post
    I just finished up Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol 3 and I absolutely loved it.

Finishing it has me once again thinking about how we are going to close the gaps in Claremonts run. We will obviously get either a Vol 4 or a Claremont/ JR Jr omnibus that will close the biggest gap, but we will still have that pesky gap between Mutant Massacre and Fall of the Mutants.

The recent news that War of Kings is getting the omnibus treatment has me thinking that they might go the same route and instead of a small OHC to fill the gap, they will just do a Mutant Massacre Omnibus and close all the small gaps that way.

I know that this way isn't ideal for anyone that already has Mutant Massacre is OHC, but I would much rather rebuy it as an omnibus than have that gap never filled.
    I'd be on board with a more respectable page count for Mutant Massacre as an omni too! Either that or a gap-filler in the style of Inferno Prologue that collects UXM, NM, and XF between MM and FotM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    I'd be on board with a more respectable page count for Mutant Massacre as an omni too! Either that or a gap-filler in the style of Inferno Prologue that collects UXM, NM, and XF between MM and FotM.
    A Fall of the Mutants Prologue/ Mutant Massacre Aftermath OHC would be ideal, but with both MM and FOTM out of print, I don't know if they would go that way instead of doing a MM Omni and reprinting FOTM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jestinson3 View Post
    A Fall of the Mutants Prologue/ Mutant Massacre Aftermath OHC would be ideal, but with both MM and FOTM out of print, I don't know if they would go that way instead of doing a MM Omni and reprinting FOTM.
    I don't know if I see them doing a FotM reprint since it was available for a decent chunk of time and has only recently been OOP. I tend to lean towards them doing a Inferno prologue style as suggested above. The only down side to them doing the combined title books is will it preclude New Mutants and X-Factor Omni's if so much of these runs are interspersed into other OHC's. Previously I would have speculated yes, but their recent showing of recycling material from NOW has me not so sure.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

So maybe a tiny bit off-topic, but I've been reading Spencer's Sam Wilson Captain America book, and I see there's a new solicit for a Steve Rogers Captain America book, by Spencer.
    So it looks to me like (A) the Sam Wilson book will be ending, replaced by the Steve Rogers one (unless they keep both going, but I kinda doubt it, based on collected volumes and their release dates).

And (B) They obviously find a way to get the super soldier serum back into Steve, and getting him back to the "proper" age. My question is, since Sharon was aged as well, by being stuck in Dimension Z for like 15 years or whatever, she'll actually be older than Steve (bodily, but not chronologically) - unless they somehow de-age her as well. Maybe they give her some form of Infinity-like formula as well? Personally, I liked a little of what Remender did with the Cap-verse - I mean, hey, he DID try some different things - but awful JrJr art aside, I thought he (Remender) did more harm than good. Also, is Ian (i.e. "the new Nomad") still around after Secret Wars? I don't think I've seen him in Sam's book yet. They have pretty much written Jet Black out of the book (and very quickly I might add).

Finally, (C) I see Misty Knight palling around with Sam in the book nowadays. Wasn't she and Danny Rand an item? But then, I don't keep up with everything in the MU all the time, so that was probably like 5+ years ago for all I know...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.