Page 250 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1502002402462472482492502512522532542603003507501250 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by abilashsaliba View Post
    How many companion books will there be for Secret Wars? I see the main series oversized hardcover was released and The Last Days Of The Marvel Universe oversized hardcover solicit is on Amazon. I am not that familiar with the whole event but I feel like it covers a lot more than what the Last Days book covers.
    None so far. I'm sure there will be something but as of now we have Secret Wars, Little Marvel, Time Runs Out (not secret wars branded) and Last Days. Nothing else under the secret wars label this year (unless we get a mystery solicit) but it seems like marvel is putting it in stuff like the Guardians by Bendis Omni. Maybe next year.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny77 View Post
    You mean you want to know if there is an Iron Man Vol 2. Omnibus coming out? I've met him a few times as he lives nearby and does the occasional appearance at the local comic shop or local conventions and my impression is he usually finds out around the same time we do, maybe even after. I'll reach out to him and see what he says.
    Oh wow, I was mostly kidding, but that would be awesome!

He probably doesn't have much say in these things, but he might know if it's at least in the pipeline...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny77 View Post
    You mean you want to know if there is an Iron Man Vol 2. Omnibus coming out? I've met him a few times as he lives nearby and does the occasional appearance at the local comic shop or local conventions and my impression is he usually finds out around the same time we do, maybe even after. I'll reach out to him and see what he says.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Oh wow, I was mostly kidding, but that would be awesome!

He probably doesn't have much say in these things, but he might know if it's at least in the pipeline...
    And a second Spider-Man Michelinie Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post

Mycomicshop.com has Vol 8 in stock for $28 in VF, but they don't have Vol 7. Not sure if that helps you out or not!

Cheers Grahamgg but I'm in the UK so it will probably be too expensive when you add in shipping to be worth it. Thanks though.

Amazing Member

I'm considering to get some Marvel Masterworks (HC). So how is the build quality (binding, paper etc.), because they are quite expensive. Anybody with some experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaepuck View Post
    I'm considering to get some Marvel Masterworks (HC). So how is the build quality (binding, paper etc.), because they are quite expensive. Anybody with some experience?
    Well I have almost all the Marvel Age and even a few of the Atlas Age ones. The binding and paper are better than other Marvel hardcovers for sure. And they're like the only Marvel hardcovers than don't use a cheap, paper case wrap on their boards, which is a big plus in my book. Since the quality of Marvel omnibuses has tanked, they're the only Marvel books I continue to support even those the cost per page is often higher than other lines.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

The hardcover MMWs are the nicest HCs that Marvel still produces. They have faux-leather wrapped covers (not the new matte wrapped covers that pick up fingerprints), sewn binding, thick paper, and restored colors that really pop off the pages. They're also the highest dollars-per-issue of all of Marvel books, since the majority of MMWs tend to be in the 9-15 issue range and retail for $60-75.

Plus, their prices tend to escalate pretty quickly once they go out of stock at Diamond, so tracking down one of the major lines that has now hit 10 or more volumes can be expensive. On the other hand, they're a format that both book stores and comic stores tend to carry, so you can sometimes call around and still find more recent ones languishing on a shelf at cover price.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
    I don't hate them, but it follows a niche character in a niche medium. If that can get mutiple omnibus releases, then anything can.
    But the Omnibus collection itself is a niche format. It is perfect for collecting a critically acclaimed, but never breakout hit like MOKF. Plus I'd rather see Omnibi releases of never before collected material than of stuff that's available in other formats.

Plus I love it when they release obscure stuff. It gives me hope that my other favorite obscure titles could be coming down the line.

I'm having a hard time deciding on my next order. Its between Fantastic Four vol 1 and 2 omnibus(since they are still on bargain prices) and Avengers vol 2 by busiek. I have only read hickmans FF and realize stans is much different. I love sci fi and adventures. As for avengers Ive only read the new avengers omni and hickmans avengers up to time runs out. But I have read the busiek iron man omnibus which had a few of his avengers issues in it which I loved the book as a whole. Obviously 2 omnis for the price of one is a much better deal although ive never read an silver age book before. I know theres alot of writing and explanation but what I care about more is the story. Is stans FF a bunch of wacky one shot issues or some good reads? I'm sure ill like busieks avengers, also I hate to have it go OOP within a few months which I kinda of doubt(although vol 1 is oos on IST).

Which would you guys choose?

Amazing Member

@DrGregatron and Krisis
    Thank you for your information concerning the Marvel Masterworks HC.

I am considering to get the Marvel Masterworks Hulk to collect the old issues. I am living in Germany so LCS are really crappy and rare.
    But there are some good online comic shops here in Europe.
    So I can get the Vol. 5-10 of the variant editions in new and Vol. 1 in used condition. The prices are between 50-70 Euros.
    The standard HC Editions I found every Volume with the exception of Vol. 4. The newer Vol. 9 and 10 I can probably get with 10 Euros discount because of one online book store who offers some comic books and often has discount coupons for orders over 60 Euros.

So are you guys collecting the Variant Editions? What is your preference and suggestion for me?
    Thanks!

@DrGregatron and Krisis
    Thank you for your information concerning the Marvel Masterworks HC.

I am considering to get the Marvel Masterworks Hulk to collect the old issues. I am living in Germany so LCS are really crappy and rare.
    But there are some good online comic shops here in Europe.
    So I can get the Vol. 5-10 of the variant editions in new and Vol. 1 in used condition. The prices are between 50-70 Euros.
    The standard HC Editions I found every Volume with the exception of Vol. 4. The newer Vol. 9 and 10 I can probably get with 10 Euros discount because of one online book store who offers some comic books and often has discount coupons for orders over 60 Euros.

So are you guys collecting the Variant Editions? What is your preference and suggestion for me?
    Thanks!
    have you checked cheap-comics.com ? Don't know if they have what you are looking for but worth a look. Good service, packaging and can find good prices as well (+15 euro flatrate shipping)

will MMW ever get to the stage where they reprint modern stuff? or will it purely be the older stuff? just wondering if i will ever be able to replace poor quality omni's with them

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    have you checked cheap-comics.com ? Don't know if they have what you are looking for but worth a look. Good service, packaging and can find good prices as well (+15 euro flatrate shipping)
    Yeah I checked cheap-comics.com
    They have some of the MMW I am looking for and the prices I think are the cover prices.
    I ordered from Chris for the first time during the Omni sale. Unfortunately 1 of the 5 Omnis was damaged, I think before shipping, because packaging was really good. I had to pay for the returning costs of the damaged Omni on my own. But it is OK because the Omnis were really cheap and the shipping fee was only 6.95 Euros and Chris was/is really nice.
    So my FF Byrne Omnibus Vol. 2 replacement is on the way along with Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 1... Let's hope the best =)
    Last edited by Jaepuck; 03-31-2016 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    will MMW ever get to the stage where they reprint modern stuff? or will it purely be the older stuff? just wondering if i will ever be able to replace poor quality omni's with them
    I doubt it. Seems like it will only go so far as the bronze age. Despite the spines and overall cover dress looking quite dull..I actually like how they change from gold to silver reflecting the age they're from.

On the topic of masterworks, can anyone tell me why these ones have the little character icons at the bottom of the spines? Or are these the softcover versions which have now been replaced by the Epic line?

mmw-tpb-1.jpg
    Last edited by PLEDGE; 03-31-2016 at 03:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Thanks!
    I collect the regular editions. Not a fan of the variants.

BTW, echoing what others have written I like and would recommend the MMW HCS. The only beef I have with them is the price and that they could have more content.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    I doubt it. Seems like it will only go so far as the bronze age. Despite the spines and overall cover dress looking quite dull..I actually like how they change from gold to silver reflecting the age they're from.

On the topic of masterworks, can anyone tell me why these ones have the little character icons at the bottom of the spines? Or are these the softcover versions which have now been replaced by the Epic line?

mmw-tpb-1.jpg
    Yes, they're the softcovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I do know that they're planning on Masterworking Daredevil up to and including Miller's run.