Page 258 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1582082482542552562572582592602612622683083587581258 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

AoV omnibus $79.99 on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    AoV omnibus $79.99 on Amazon.
    I believe thats an error. even though it says starting at $79.99 for new when you click on it the cheapest is 175$.

Speaking of epics I ordered my first star wars comic. I went with Star wars legends empire epic vol 1. I know vol 1 is liked by people here but what about vol 2? It dosn't have as many good reviews on amazon.

Can you guys reccomend me some other good star wars? Havn't read any of the current cannon stuff, waiting for the OHCS of star wars and vader to start on those.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    That drives me crazy. I almost wish for thinner paper.
    WTF!?! That's like wishing your BMW was more like a Hyundai.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    I believe thats an error. even though it says starting at $79.99 for new when you click on it the cheapest is 175$.

Speaking of epics I ordered my first star wars comic. I went with Star wars legends empire epic vol 1. I know vol 1 is liked by people here but what about vol 2? It dosn't have as many good reviews on amazon.

Can you guys reccomend me some other good star wars? Havn't read any of the current cannon stuff, waiting for the OHCS of star wars and vader to start on those.
    I THINK the Empire vol 2 is the end of that run, but I'm not 100% sure.

I just read the Infinities Epic the other day. It's a series of "What If" style stories, one for each of the original trilogy, and then the 8 issue series called "The Star Wars" which is based on Lucas' rough draft script, writting/adapted by Rinzler (who does all those huge making of HCs that I love). This book is GREAT. Each of the 4 stories is a one-&-done stand alone story, no need to know what came before or after. And they're all pretty good reads. The last "The Star Wars" is pretty interesting in that you can see how the story evolved over time, and the art is really great on that series.

Other than that, I would recommend The New Republic series. There are two volumes now. I haven't read mine yet, but vol 2 starts the Rogue Squadron issues, which I have read and are fantastic.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroFort View Post
    The worst part about moving:

Attachment 34431

Should have kept more of those Diamond distro boxes.
    I'm moving/packing now too. It's the worst. I estimate I will need roughly 70 boxes to move my collection

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFnatic View Post
    How is Duggan's Deadpool compared to Way's? I stopped reading DP halfway in Way's run. Considering on getting this Omni.
    The Duggan series is a lot tighter of a story. Each arc in the Way series is very loosely connected and the run bogs down about 3/4 of the way through. Duggan's has a slow point as well but it only lasts a few issues with the Axis crossover event.

Posehn/Duggan also manages to capture the emotional side of Deadpool a lot better, while still maintaining the comedy norms of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I THINK the Empire vol 2 is the end of that run, but I'm not 100% sure.

I just read the Infinities Epic the other day. It's a series of "What If" style stories, one for each of the original trilogy, and then the 8 issue series called "The Star Wars" which is based on Lucas' rough draft script, writting/adapted by Rinzler (who does all those huge making of HCs that I love). This book is GREAT. Each of the 4 stories is a one-&-done stand alone story, no need to know what came before or after. And they're all pretty good reads. The last "The Star Wars" is pretty interesting in that you can see how the story evolved over time, and the art is really great on that series.

Other than that, I would recommend The New Republic series. There are two volumes now. I haven't read mine yet, but vol 2 starts the Rogue Squadron issues, which I have read and are fantastic.
    Re: Empire: There should be a volume 3, in theory. The "Dark Times" series had another two arcs, 10 issues total. They'll probably fill it with some more "Darth Vader and the..." series (there were four total, and only one is in Empire Vol 1). So a third volume could have 25 issues.

Re: New Republic: The stuff in Volume 2 is amazing and should be read. The stuff in Volume 1 is rather meh. I liked "Boba Fett: Twin Engines of Destruction", but the Shadows of the Empire: Evolution mini wasn't great (was a lame sequel to Shadows of the Empire, which was good).

I liked the Infinities stories too!

One Star Wars recommendation I need to make though is Knights of the Old Republic. The comic is set a few years before the 2003 game of the same name, and really just uses setting (some characters appear briefly, but the main characters are all new). That Epic Collection is called "The Old Republic." There's only one volume out now, but the series should be completed in three (maybe more if they wanted to include tie-in comics from the newer "The Old Republic" game.)

Amazing Member

What are the chances of Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus Volume 1 getting a reprint?

I've gotta say some of the Star Wars Epics are starting to tempt me. I'm in no way a fan of the films, I've seen them and have enjoyed them but they aren't something that interests me beyond one viewing. Some of these comics sound really cool though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I've gotta say some of the Star Wars Epics are starting to tempt me. I'm in no way a fan of the films, I've seen them and have enjoyed them but they aren't something that interests me beyond one viewing. Some of these comics sound really cool though...
    The comics ARE cool, but like anything else, the quality does vary. I mean, Dark Horse had the SW license for many many years, and with all the stuff they put out, you have some stellar jems and also some misses. The beauty of these Epics (which are somewhat chronological by time period) is that you won't get an entire book of misses, but rather maybe a few issues. I compare it to the Star Wars prose novels that used to be canon but now aren't. You have some that are written by excellent authors like Timothy Zahn, and they're just a joy to read, and then you have others that feel like they were written by me when I was like 14. Oiy... :-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

Speaking of these epic collections, what epics are available, worthwhile to read, and not already in a superior format such as masterworks or omnibus? Im thinking of making a jump to softcovers.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Speaking of these epic collections, what epics are available, worthwhile to read, and not already in a superior format such as masterworks or omnibus? Im thinking of making a jump to softcovers.
    Iron Man Stark Wars epic collection is a must for any fan of IM. Although thats the actual name of the storyline, it's more widely known as "Armor Wars". On a different topic does anyone know why IST has different prices on its new releases? Daredevil Companion and the Byrne omni are at 50% off while AOA is only 45% off. I know they have different prices on different publishers but not new releases of the same publisher.
    Last edited by smc123; 04-05-2016 at 02:34 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by smc123 View Post
    Just a heads up to anyone ordering the Daredevil Companion and who shops at CGN. They still have it listed as $125 list price so if it doesnt change I would just order it from IST tomorrow. I only order from IST but I brought this up last month and someone verified that the list price is $100 (that's what Amazon has it as). No reason to spend an extra $12.50 plus the $8 shipping.

I just emailed CGN letting them know about the pricing. If they respond I'll leave a post since I know a lot of you guys buy from CGN rather than IST because of quicker shipping.

P.S. They just emailed me that it has been corrected and I just checked and it was! That was quick, maybe they saw my post saying to shop at IST instead! Haha.
    I would like to note that I bought the DD companion at the higher price as originally listed. (I just mistakenly assumed the price had been increased like all other MARVEL omni's).
    Within an hour or so of my purchase CGN sent me a Refund of $12.50, without even being contacted by me. I have seen some negative comments about CGN on this board, but they have always done well by me.

Ton of great (and no so great) Marvel releases today!

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quick question why doesn't Marvel Universe by John Byrne have a DM cover?