Page 259 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1592092492552562572582592602612622632693093597591259 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 20773
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smc123 View Post
    On a different topic does anyone know why IST has different prices on its new releases? Daredevil Companion and the Byrne omni are at 50% off while AOA is only 45% off. I know they have different prices on different publishers but not new releases of the same publisher.
    IST always runs a handful of new releases at 50% off.

When I bought AoA from them the first time, it was discounted 50%; since this is a reprint, I'm guessing that's why it's the standard 45% off...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    I would like to note that I bought the DD companion at the higher price as originally listed. (I just mistakenly assumed the price had been increased like all other MARVEL omni's).
    Within an hour or so of my purchase CGN sent me a Refund of $12.50, without even being contacted by me. I have seen some negative comments about CGN on this board, but they have always done well by me.
    You do know that it's only $50 on CGN, right? If anyone is paying $100 for this book, save some money and go buy it at CGN for half that.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    Quick question why doesn't Marvel Universe by John Byrne have a DM cover?
    It did but sold out in the first hour.

spoilers:
    LOL, no.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    You do know that it's only $50 on CGN, right? If anyone is paying $100 for this book, save some money and go buy it at CGN for half that.
    I ordered it from CGN, which originally had it listed with a cover price of $125, meaning they charged me $62.50 for it. They corrected it, and sent me a refund for $12.50.

All-New Member

If anyone is purchasing the John Byrne Omni today and could post a review or pics, I would be thankful!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    I ordered it from CGN, which originally had it listed with a cover price of $125, meaning they charged me $62.50 for it. They corrected it, and sent me a refund for $12.50.
    Ah, I see what you're saying
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    WTF!?! That's like wishing your BMW was more like a Hyundai.
    Now that made me laugh.....good one.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Speaking of these epic collections, what epics are available, worthwhile to read, and not already in a superior format such as masterworks or omnibus? Im thinking of making a jump to softcovers.
    Check out this awesome visual aid shared previously in this thread:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1015254788

Great way to see at a glance which Epics are not available as MMWs!

I'm going to throw a little love towards Iron Man War Games Epic Collection as we're talking about them. It's cool stuff, ignore if you don't like JRJR though.

I still can't pull the trigger on the Nocenti DD Epic. Trying to convince myself though.

Anyone get the reprints today? I wanna know if they are super thin.if I had the cash I would be getting the DD companion to match my set. Thinking of replacing my worn civil war hardcover one day but not if the new edition is super thin compared to the other OHCs. I like they way the set looks currently.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post

I still can't pull the trigger on the Nocenti DD Epic. Trying to convince myself though.
    I haven't read it myself, but I know Nocenti's DD run is very well regarded. If you're a DD fan its a must. If you're just a casual reader then you probably would wanna get Brubaker and Bendi's stuff before Nocenti's (Assuming you've already read Miller).

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Now that made me laugh.....good one.
    OMNIBUS!!!!!

What's the last good comic collection you've read?
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I'm going to throw a little love towards Iron Man War Games Epic Collection as we're talking about them. It's cool stuff, ignore if you don't like JRJR though.

Every Daredevil fan should read that run IMO.
    We need better comics

Welp, just finished Secret Wars and really enjoyed it. Which surprised me because I was hating the enormous mess that Hickman had been writing leading up to it. It's interesting that after completely abandoning characters for plot leading up to SW, Hickman chose his big event to essentially be a story about Doom and Richards as people.

Unfortunately for me, I look at the Marvel universe post Secret Wars and find myself completely uninterested in reading any of them. It feels hard to get invested in a new Marvel universe that basically feels like an Elseworlds or What if universe.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    WTF!?! That's like wishing your BMW was more like a Hyundai.
    I mean I'm not saying they need to be as thin as current Omnis but I grew up on Belgian/French comics and the pages were never as thick as in the Library Editions and it was never a problem or a bother.
    Maybe because I grew up on those I always feel like I'm turning 2 pages instead of 1 in LE.

PS: I have a Hyundai :P

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    IST always runs a handful of new releases at 50% off.

When I bought AoA from them the first time, it was discounted 50%; since this is a reprint, I'm guessing that's why it's the standard 45% off...?
    afaik IST run 50% off new releases for the first week but then it goes to 45%
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"