Page 266 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1662162562622632642652662672682692702763163667661266 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 20773

I want "What if..." collected dammit.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Were any of the pre uncanny xmen comics worth a read, or are they all terrible?
    The Lee/Kribt stuff is cool as an original for a lot of the classic stuff.
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I would buy a What If omni first day of release!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

It is collected! Well, the original 1977-84 series, at least - that entire What If? series (minus a few issues due to copyright) is collected in What If? Classics volumes 1-7. Then, the more modern What If stories about specific events are all collected as well.

Unfortunately, now I realize you probably meant the 1989 series, and there are no specific collections of that to my knowledge - just a smattering of single issues.
    Last edited by krisis; 04-10-2016 at 04:10 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

guys i have a question , can i enjoy the x-men story line without x-men/avenger onslaught omnibus ?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    guys i have a question , can i enjoy the x-men story line without x-men/avenger onslaught omnibus ?
    First of all, which story line are you refering to?

In general the Onslaught story does not get much love from the community but I would argue that it is a culmination point for some long teasered events. Can its influence still be felt today? No I do not think so. But it was my first 90s crossover I ever read and therefore I am biased to say it was fun and I am a sucker for 90s art.

I really really liked the X-Force / X-Man storyline.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    It is collected! Well, the original 1977-84 series, at least - that entire What If? series (minus a few issues due to copyright) is collected in What If? Classics volumes 1-7. Then, the more modern What If stories about specific events are all collected as well.

Unfortunately, now I realize you probably meant the 1989 series, and there are no specific collections of that to my knowledge - just a smattering of single issues.
    Trades, dirty trades. Give me an omnibus! Lol
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Incredible Member

Haven't been able to get in touch with IST after putting in an order lsst week. Anyone had better luck? They are usually pretty great about communication.
    Edit: yeah, I ordered Wednesday and messaged them on Thursday with a question regarding the product.
    Just venting, but sort if frustrating waiting this long for a reply and/or shipping confirmation
    Last edited by Johnatellodi; 04-11-2016 at 03:15 PM.

The original series has been collected, almost 100%. One humor issue I remember really liking had a bunch of one page gags, like What If Moon Knight fought Snowbird in a blizzard & the page would be completely blank white. Another was "What if Aunt May was Ant Man". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post

Beat me to it!

I'd be up for a continuation of the What If Classic line to include the late 80s series! The first couple of years they had some pretty good issues in there! A few good ones I remember off the top of my head: WI the Alien Costume possessed Spider-Man, WI the Avengers lost the Evolutionary War, WI the FF all had the same powers, WI Wolverine was an agent of SHIELD, WI Spider-Man didn't marry MJ, WI Spidey married the Black Cat, WI the Hulk killed Wolverine, and I don't remember what all else! A fun series.

Another one I'd like to see collected is What The--?! That was a humor series that ran sporadically in the late 80s/early 90s (first it was a limited series, then regular series, then quarterly, etc). It had some of the top creators of the day contributing as well. McFarlane, Byrne, Jim Lee all did a few pages here and there. Good stuff! And pretty funny also.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Trades, dirty trades. Give me an omnibus! Lol
    I'd take any format ... Just reprint them already!

So, Secret Wars sure was... something? Interesting way for Hickman to bring his multiple year Marvel saga to a close.

At least the art was fantastic, weird duck faces aside.

EDIT: Speaking of Hickman, I am about to put the Secret Warriors Omnibus up on eBay for cover. If any of my fellow boarders are interested, let me know.
    Last edited by mike1981; 04-11-2016 at 04:00 PM.

Spectacular Member

Captain America: Man Without a Country comes out this week. Is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Yes! At least I think. I get Mark Waid's run all mixed up since I read it all at once but I believe this covers the Operation Rebirth story line and it's considered pretty great. At the time of it's release people were pretty upset since the run was well liked but cut short by Heroes Reborn. After that failed Waid was put back on Cap but it didn't quite get it's groove back.

Personally, I like most of it and if I didn't already own it in MPC I would definitely pick this up. I haven't read all the issues included but I have read 444-454 and they are pretty great Cap comics. Probably the best in a loooong time up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    The Lee/Kribt stuff is cool as an original for a lot of the classic stuff.
    The Lee/Kirby stuff is pretty and classic but pretty bad. The Thomas/Adams stuff injected some life but it wasn't until Claremont that they really had some great comics.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Waid's run was the first time I actually enjoyed Cap after trying to get into this book several times before.

I'll be picking it up and selling my MPC's, because the Epic Collections will ultimately be more complete (I assume?).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES