Page 277 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1772272672732742752762772782792802812873273777771277 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about a precedent being set, simply because I think this will be a clearance event Omni. I think this, and I believe others would agree, because the original Squadron Omni languished on shelves and was a clearance event book itself. I don't see too many people rushing out to pick it up for the extra issues that are in it. At the end of the day no matter how great the original SS limited series was they are just not big name draw characters. I have the original printing and this is an easy pass for me.
    Same here. I wont be getting this newer omnibus

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about a precedent being set, simply because I think this will be a clearance event Omni. I think this, and I believe others would agree, because the original Squadron Omni languished on shelves and was a clearance event book itself. I don't see too many people rushing out to pick it up for the extra issues that are in it. At the end of the day no matter how great the original SS limited series was they are just not big name draw characters. I have the original printing and this is an easy pass for me.

I agree. At first I was baffled by Marvel publishing this book considering how poorly the much less expensive original volume sold. I think I got it for $15? And I'm definitely not buying this new version either (and I'll buy pretty much anything!). But I think in their never ending quest to develop properties for new films, Marvel is pushing or considering pushing the Squadron Supreme right now because they own the rights. Maybe when the book does nothing on the market (and is their current ongoing selling at all?) it will properly discourage them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    I agree. At first I was baffled by Marvel publishing this book considering how poorly the much less expensive original volume sold. I think I got it for $15? And I'm definitely not buying this new version either (and I'll buy pretty much anything!). But I think in their never ending quest to develop properties for new films, Marvel is pushing or considering pushing the Squadron Supreme right now because they own the rights. Maybe when the book does nothing on the market (and is their current ongoing selling at all?) it will properly discourage them.
    I was wondering the same thing with moon knight. Starting to get some more collections, a new main stream writer, I wonder if marvel is testing the waters for a new Street level hero, maybe another TV series like daredevil? In any case even if not I think its cool to see some more obscure characters if only to have some creative new stories made

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    I was wondering the same thing with moon knight. Starting to get some more collections, a new main stream writer, I wonder if marvel is testing the waters for a new Street level hero, maybe another TV series like daredevil? In any case even if not I think its cool to see some more obscure characters if only to have some creative new stories made
    Bring on the Moon Knight! I keep hoping for an omni so I have passing on the Epics, but I should probably pick them up so I don't miss out.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Moon Knight is the second most rumored Netflix show, after Punisher. I'd say it's downright likely, at this point.
    Cyclops was right

The Defenders is rumoured to be 8 episodes instead of 13. I hope they start doing mini series alongside the major 13 episode seasons and they take risks on characters like Moon Knight where they can make it cheaper by giving us something like 4 episodes, it's still the equivalent of two films.

Obviously I'd prefer a 13 episode season of Moon Knight and everything Moon Knight reprinted in omnibuses or even paperbacks but I'll take whatever I can get.

Does anyone have a good reading list/guide for pre-Annihilation cosmic?

Does anyone have a good reading list/guide for pre-Annihilation cosmic?
    Kodave's cosmic guide should be on the first page of this thread.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Kodave's cosmic guide should be on the first page of this thread.
    Awesome! Thanks!

So there really wasn't anything important happening between the Death of Captain Marvel and the stuff in the Infinity Gauntlet omnibus?

Incredible Member

Awesome! Thanks!

So there really wasn't anything important happening between the Death of Captain Marvel and the stuff in the Infinity Gauntlet omnibus?
    There's lots of stuff not in my guide. My guide covers mostly Starlin/Thanos and then the modern era surrounding Giffen/DnA since those are the biggest things people are interested in. Starlins work feeds into itself and the Giffen/DnA era is one huge story in a way. But obviously there were other non-Starlin books and stuff like that from the silver and bronze age through the 90s and today. It all depends on what you're looking for though and what your definition of cosmic is. The Fantastic Four is pretty cosmic going back to its roots, then birthing Silver Surfer, Inhumans, Galactus, etc. There's old Star-Lord, Quasar, the other people who took up the Captain Marvel mantel, Ms. Marvel, Valentino's Guardians, etc.

speakin' of Moon knight. IIRC the first epic is a bit of hodge podge of his first appearances from various titles so should I just pick up the 2nd one if I want a more coherent story? Or would I be lost without the first? I prefer reading a good story even if I have to miss some "historically important" first appearances or "nice to see where the character started" moments if they are not essential to the story.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default Marvel masterworks announcement: November 2016

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: DOCTOR STRANGE Volume 7
    Reprints: Doctor Strange #23-37 and material from Chamber of Chills #3-4
    (Vol. 238 in the Marvel Masterworks Library)
    Release Date: November 9, 2016
    REGULAR EDITION ISBN: 978-1-302-90022-9 • List Price: $75.00
    VARIANT EDITION ISBN: 978-1-302-90023-6 • List Price: $75.00
    304 Pages
    Collection Editor: Cory Sedlmeier

Written by Roger Stern with Ralph Macchio, Jim Starlin, Marv Wolfman & Don McGregor
    Pencils by Tom Sutton with Jim Starlin, Al Milgrom, Ricardo Villamonte, Alan Kupperberg, Gene Colan, Howard Chaykin & Ernie Chan
    Introduction by Roger Stern

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    The Defenders is rumoured to be 8 episodes instead of 13. I hope they start doing mini series alongside the major 13 episode seasons and they take risks on characters like Moon Knight where they can make it cheaper by giving us something like 4 episodes, it's still the equivalent of two films.

Obviously I'd prefer a 13 episode season of Moon Knight and everything Moon Knight reprinted in omnibuses or even paperbacks but I'll take whatever I can get.
    Jessica Jones should have been 8-10 episodes it really lagged about two thirds of the way in.

What I love about Netflix is that they are not constrained by TV history, if they have a series that is well written and well paced and only lasts 8 episodes they should do it rather than try and stretch it out to the 13 episode standard.

I finally got around to ordering the Captain America: American Nightmare premiere classic hardcover (the only one I was missing), so this probably means a Cap by Mark Waid Omnibus will be announced any day now. I'll pre-empt all your thanks and just say "You're welcome" now.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    speakin' of Moon knight. IIRC the first epic is a bit of hodge podge of his first appearances from various titles so should I just pick up the 2nd one if I want a more coherent story? Or would I be lost without the first? I prefer reading a good story even if I have to miss some "historically important" first appearances or "nice to see where the character started" moments if they are not essential to the story.
    There are a few cohesive stories in that first Moon Knight volume. Primarily, the story from the Hulk Magazine is pretty substantial, and effectively the first "real" Moon Knight tale that establishes some of the groundwork of his story (though it's repeated in his series). Given that it includes both that and the first four issues of his own series, it was worth a buy for me despite skipping some of the other hodge-podge-y first Epic Volumes.

(Although, that said, I remain incredibly surprised that Marvel skipped doing a first volume of Wolverine hodge-podge that's effectively the parts of his Omnibus that weren't in his Vol. 1 and wouldn't be earmarked for future volumes - Marvel Comics Presents #72-84, Incredible Hulk #180-182; Marvel Treasury Edition #26; Best of Marvel Comics HC; Wolverine (1982) #1-4; Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #1-6; Spider-Man vs. Wolverine #1.

I suppose that is because the Epics largely are chronological affairs, so it would by its nature have omitted the MCP material as a flashback, and almost all of that other material will be in X-Men Epics at some point - but its not like there's a lack of significant Wolverine stories from UXM that will get recovered in Epics the same way there are from FF for Black Panther and Silver Surfer.)
    Last edited by krisis; 04-18-2016 at 06:35 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!