Page 283 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1832332732792802812822832842852862872933333837831283 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

For anyone interested in preview pages of The Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Omnibus Vol. 1, you can check the MMW Collected Editions site

This is what Cory Sedlmeier had to say about The Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Omnis on the MMW Message Board:

"A two-volume approach was the best way to balance content, page count and price point. A four-volume approach resulted in books that were too small for the required price point. A three-volume approach would cut off either a Shang-Chi or Sons of the Tiger storyline mid-arc.

Vol. 1 runs through DHKF #18, which wraps a six-part Shang-Chi arc and has an Iron Fist/Son of the Tiger one-off story. Vol. 2 begins with DHKF #19, the beginning of a six-part Claremont/Nebres Iron Fist storyline, and the introduction of the White Tiger in the Sons of the Tiger. It's perfect break point for the two volumes.

Two ~1000-page volumes may seem too large for some; the 700-page MOKF volumes seem too smaller to others. Rarely, if ever, will everyone be happy all the time, but everyone should be happy that after 40+ years this material is finally being reprinted for the first time. It's a special opportunity you don't want to miss out on."

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Here are a few pics to wet your appetites:

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    can someone tell me if infinity was any good? is it essential to understand hickman's whole story? i remember people saying that the ohc was really crappy quality so debating if i should get it or just get avengers vol 2
    It was the best Marvel event of the last 10 yrs, in my opinion. I don't have the OHC so I can't speak to that, but storywise it's good. If you've read Hickman's previous work, there's no reason not to read Infinity; it's pretty much the culmination of everything that came before.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Holy crap, is there a single page in that Deadly Hands book that isn't going to be incredible. That preview has me sold regardless of what I think of the first MOKF book.

Are any of the Masters of Fung Fu or Deadly Hands issues on Marvel Unlimited? The covers and art look amazing but I am really curious to know what the writing is like.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Here are a few pics to wet your appetites:

Now if we had some sweet modern coloring on that art I think I'd be down to buy that book.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Now if we had some sweet modern coloring on that art I think I'd be down to buy that book.
    putting the never ending debate about recolouring aside, these were created to be b&w so I think any colouring would just ruin it.
    Personally I think these pages look awesome. Also not a fan of modern colouring on old books, it's not a deal breaker for me but I prefer them how they originally appeared maybe with some minor corrections.

There was a time not so long ago that I wouldn't give something in black and white any consideration and now some of my all time favourite series are without colour. What you lose in colour is made up for with more creative lines, inking and lighting.

Old books that should be in colour should be read that way but if they were intended as black and white then I'd say it removes a major element that some people don't like about older colouring.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    putting the never ending debate about recolouring aside, these were created to be b&w so I think any colouring would just ruin it.
    Personally I think these pages look awesome. Also not a fan of modern colouring on old books, it's not a deal breaker for me but I prefer them how they originally appeared maybe with some minor corrections.
    How to do it right: The Mighty Thor Omnibus

How to do it wrong: Neal Adams' Batman Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by GetEveryone View Post
    How to do it right: The Mighty Thor Omnibus

How to do it wrong: Neal Adams' Batman Omnibus
    Thor is not bad but I still prefer the original colouring. I like the recoloured version of Sandman though.
    And yeah the Adams stuff is just...nope.
    One of the reasons I still didn't pick up the Rocketeer slipcase hc, based on the images and videos I'm not a fan of the new colours. I should just probably go for the AE but the price is a bit of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    I'm torn on the X-23 Complete Collection.

My issue is that I really want to read the Marjorie Liu series. This book contains issues 1-3, and the next volume (as already on Amazon and the Hachette catalogue) will contain the balance plus the crossover with Daken: Dark Wolverine.

My problem is that I already own the digital copies of 12 of the remaining 14 issues in the book (the first volume with her origin story and the Target X miniseries). Though admittedly I didn't pay a lot for those (I want to say $10.99 for the origin story and ~$6 for Target X).

Should I buy these, and count the digital copies as somewhere between "in case you want to read it when traveling!" and "you made a slight mistake"? Or should I stick with one medium and buy the Liu series digitally (or in floppies, which are usually my preferred medium)?
    Well I own everything on Comixology but I still have this pre-ordered on Amazon. Sure Im obviously a big fan but I don't own any paper comics and having all that stuff collected in a book does sound interesting to me.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Can someone tell when it's best to read the Superior Foes of Spiderman omni while running through the Superior Spiderman vol 1-3 OSHC's and Spiderverse? Is there anything else worth reading connected to this run? I started with Amazing #600 and read Ends of the Earth.

Plus, I'm assuming all that is followed by Spider-Man: Who Am I? OSHC / Amazing Spiderman vol. 1 OSHC, but not sure what order here either

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MrJed View Post
    Can someone tell when it's best to read the Superior Foes of Spiderman omni while running through the Superior Spiderman vol 1-3 OSHC's and Spiderverse? Is there anything else worth reading connected to this run? I started with Amazing #600 and read Ends of the Earth.

Plus, I'm assuming all that is followed by Spider-Man: Who Am I? OSHC / Amazing Spiderman vol. 1 OSHC, but not sure what order here either

thanks!
    Anywhere. Doesn't matter, Spider-man only appears in flashback cameos basically. It's not connected to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Anywhere. Doesn't matter, Spider-man only appears in flashback cameos basically. It's not connected to anything.
    Totally agree. Superior Foes is pure gold. Spencer is amazing, funny, just great. If you read his current (or last iteration) of Ant-Man, it's fairly similar in that Superior Foes is about Boomerang, who's a just an average guy, nothing really special, very similar to Scott Lang (except Boomerang is quite a bit more of a dirtbag). Boomerang/Fred is likeable in a "My Name is Earl" kinda way, where he's not always the nicest or best guy around, but you root for him anyways.

I highly recommend this series, and like Balakin said, it literally doesn't matter at all when/where/how you read it within Spider-man continuity. I think they (Marvel) threw "Superior" in the name just to cash in on the Superior Spider-Man stuff at the time, but this is 100% NOT about Spider-man (Pete Or Ock).
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Totally agree. Superior Foes is pure gold. Spencer is amazing, funny, just great. If you read his current (or last iteration) of Ant-Man, it's fairly similar in that Superior Foes is about Boomerang, who's a just an average guy, nothing really special, very similar to Scott Lang (except Boomerang is quite a bit more of a dirtbag). Boomerang/Fred is likeable in a "My Name is Earl" kinda way, where he's not always the nicest or best guy around, but you root for him anyways.

I highly recommend this series, and like Balakin said, it literally doesn't matter at all when/where/how you read it within Spider-man continuity. I think they (Marvel) threw "Superior" in the name just to cash in on the Superior Spider-Man stuff at the time, but this is 100% NOT about Spider-man (Pete Or Ock).
    they maybe mention it once that Spidey is not the same as he used to be but maybe that's just at the end in one of the issues that are not part of the main story.
    And yeah, it's a great boo but IMHO people should stop overhyping it, I almost put it down after 3 issues because it wasn't what I expected but I'm glad I continued reading.