Page 284 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1842342742802812822832842852862872882943343847841284 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 20773

Thanks for the superior knowledge here guys - it's good to know! Just finished Superior vol 1. Very very good stuff, delighted to have this all lined up in front of me

I'm assuming nothing will get interrupted by an event / crossover I've not read yet?
    Last edited by MrJed; 04-21-2016 at 01:12 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrJed View Post
    Thanks for the superior knowledge here guys - it's good to know! Just finished Superior vol 1. Very very good stuff, delighted to have this all lined up in front of me

I'm assuming nothing will get interrupted by an event / crossover I've not read yet?
    I think the second volume of superior spiderman has an issue that dealt with the age of ultron event. It's stand alone though, but you really only need the basic knowledge of the event unless you're interested in more. It doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the Superior run.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    It is worth getting and definitely essential to Hickman's Avengers. The OHC was unfortunately glued and has some gutter loss but it's not that bad at the end of the day. Still, at this point having read all of the OHC's that have been released so far, I feel Hickman's run would've read much better in omnibus form instead of having to jump around between all these different books (that overlap) and it's crazy to me that Marvel waited so long to release OHC's when they could've released omnibuses on basically the same timeline.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    It was the best Marvel event of the last 10 yrs, in my opinion. I don't have the OHC so I can't speak to that, but storywise it's good. If you've read Hickman's previous work, there's no reason not to read Infinity; it's pretty much the culmination of everything that came before.
    thanks guys will pick it up in my next IST order. so for you guys who have the ohc do you put it next to avengers vol 1 in place of vol 2?
    Last edited by TheYoungWolf; 04-21-2016 at 03:55 PM.

Incredible Member

Punisher Max experts:

Does anyone know what issues of Punisher Max are uncollected? Obviously all the Ennis stuff is taken care of but it looks like these aren't collected in any trades and I'm wondering if there are any more issues that I missed:

Punisher Max Happy Ending (October 2010) by Milligan/Ryp
    Punisher Max Hot Rods of Death (November 2010) by Huston/Martinbrough
    Punisher Max Tiny Ugly World (December 2010) by Lapham/Talaji

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    thanks guys will pick it up in my next IST order. so for you guys who have the ohc do you put it next to avengers vol 1 in place of vol 2?
    I guess? Not really one right way to put the ohc's since the reading order is like: New Avengers 1 (first half), Avengers 1 (all), Infinity, Avengers 3 (first half), New Avengers 2 (first half or all) Avengers 3(second half) (New Avengers 2 second half), Time Runs out

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I guess? Not really one right way to put the ohc's since the reading order is like: New Avengers 1 (first half), Avengers 1 (all), Infinity, Avengers 3 (first half), New Avengers 2 (first half or all) Avengers 3(second half) (New Avengers 2 second half), Time Runs out
    As much as I'd rather see other stuff put into omnibuses they might as well just get Hickman's Avengers stuff out of the way and order it correctly for once. It's tailor made to just be put in a big ass collection.

I actually put it on my "cosmic" shelf where I keep books of that theme. I used to have it off to the side on the Avengers shelf but I filled up that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    As much as I'd rather see other stuff put into omnibuses they might as well just get Hickman's Avengers stuff out of the way and order it correctly for once. It's tailor made to just be put in a big ass collection.
    Yeah, same deal. Its like the SpiderVerse OHC x 10. No thanks! I'll get it chronologically ordered or I won't get it at all.

I keep it on the events shelf.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

How is Stern Spiderman omnibus? Those covers look great and I have 2 or 3 of those comics. They were great reads back when.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    How is Stern Spiderman omnibus? Those covers look great and I have 2 or 3 of those comics. They were great reads back when.
    I have not read it, but generally in this thread it is the most positively received omni I can recall. The consensus seems to be that if you like Spidey of that era you'll like it.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Yeah, same deal. Its like the SpiderVerse OHC x 10. No thanks! I'll get it chronologically ordered or I won't get it at all.
    What's the issue with Spiderverse? I was planned on reading the OHC after Superior SM OHC vol 3 - is that the right move?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Stern's run was my favorite Spidey run ever when I was younger. I have not read them in quite a while so I don't know how well they hold up though.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member

What's the issue with Spiderverse? I was planned on reading the OHC after Superior SM OHC vol 3 - is that the right move?
    I haven't read it yet, but you'll want to read the Amazing Spider-Man OHC Vol 1 before you do that. Then, Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 contains all of the Amazing Spider-Man issues in Spider-Verse, plus a couple extra in order to make people buy Volume 2. They probably didn't want another Avengers by Hickman situation where you don't need to buy Vol. 2 if you have Infinity, because every issue in Vol. 2 is in the Infinity OHC.

They don't have the issues in chronological order, they just stack em' up. :P Hate that!