Page 286 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1862362762822832842852862872882892902963363867861286 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 20762
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Thank you! I totally forgot this one because I normally do not have an interest in these books. This sound quite intriguing and a good way to get the story line. Seems like a go to Omnibus for me.
    My pleasure - happy to help!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaepuck View Post
    Production quality of recent OHCs:

I received the Captain America White OHC and I am really disgusted about the thin paper stock of this book (it is printed in USA). The pages are really, really wavy. After I received my first copy I thought the problem was that the comic got a little bit wet, because the package was wet too.
    I checked the recently released Giant-Size Little Marvels: AVX (printed in China) and the pages are flat.
    So I sent the Cap book back and got a new copy. But as before the pages are extremely wavy. So the pages are that thin that they are wavy!!!
    I think that the paper stock of the comics printed in the US is too thin and the paper stock of the comics printed in China is not good but ok (e.g. Civil War OHC 2nd edition, Thor by Aaron OHC).

Here is a picture of Captain America White OHC:
    The pages will flatten out in time. I've had very few things show up wavy, but the few I have, they've flattened out and I've had no issues.

Incredible Member

Is Barry Windsor Smith's "Weapon X" available in ohc at all?
    That art is too beautiful to be contained in regular format!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Is Barry Windsor Smith's "Weapon X" available in ohc at all?
    That art is too beautiful to be contained in regular format!
    This is a perfect question to answer with my new Omni and OHC DB!

Restricting just to OHCs and filtering on "Presents," it looks like the answer to your question is "Wolverine: Best of Wolverine, Vol. 1, ISBN: 978-0785113706. Widening the filter to all oversize books, the material is also in the Wolverine Omni.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    This is a perfect question to answer with my new Omni and OHC DB!

Restricting just to OHCs and filtering on "Presents," it looks like the answer to your question is "Wolverine: Best of Wolverine, Vol. 1, ISBN: 978-0785113706. Widening the filter to all oversize books, the material is also in the Wolverine Omni.
    It's also in the Wolverine Adamantum Collection and looks great in that super oversized format. It's a little pricey but CGN had that on sale recently for $80. Which is cheaper than the Wolverine omnis.

Incredible Member

You are wonderful helpers. Thanks crew!

Amazing Member

Hulk Herb Trimpe Artist Select Series:

I found a good price of 103.74$ for the above mentioned book for people living in the US (so not for me)

http://www.1upcollectibles.com/Incre...-_p_69664.html
    I've never ordered there, so I don't know how the shop is...

Amazing Member

Speaking of Herb Trimpe, Does anybody know if The Incredible Herb Trimpe is good?
    http://www.bookdepository.com/Incred...?ref=grid-view

So just started the first Moon Knight epic yesterday and quite like the 2 Werewolf by night issues. Is the whole omni a good read?
    So far I like Moench, had a blast with his Doc Savage too. Also I'm not the biggest horror fan but I like folklore and fantasy based stuff much much more than slasher type things.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    So just started the first Moon Knight epic yesterday and quite like the 2 Werewolf by night issues. Is the whole omni a good read?
    So far I like Moench, had a blast with his Doc Savage too. Also I'm not the biggest horror fan but I like folklore and fantasy based stuff much much more than slasher type things.
    I love it. If you dig those issues then give it a go.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

I hope Spider-Man Homecoming movie brings us a ASM Vol 3....and would be too sweet if it brought is more but I'll take a 3rd first.

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    I hope Spider-Man Homecoming movie brings us a ASM Vol 3....and would be too sweet if it brought is more but I'll take a 3rd first.
    And 4 :P (10char)
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    This is Moon Knight as he was created and largely how he was done through the early 90's. It's THE MOON KNIGHT bedrock.
    The material Charlie Huston mid 2000's did very mixed and took the character psyche into territory not intended that he then got stuck with. Bendis run used this and it was horrid. The last ongoing was curving us back and I'm hopeful the new Lemire run gets us much more back to the type storytelling with MK that you're enjoying in this EPIC collection. Many of us want an OMNI of the MK material that's in the two EPIC collections.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This is Moon Knight as he was created and largely how he was done through the early 90's. It's THE MOON KNIGHT bedrock.
    The material Charlie Huston mid 2000's did very mixed and took the character psyche into territory not intended that he then got stuck with. Bendis run used this and it was horrid. The last ongoing was curving us back and I'm hopeful the new Lemire run gets us much more back to the type storytelling with MK that you're enjoying in this EPIC collection. Many of us want an OMNI of the MK material that's in the two EPIC collections.
    I love the 'proper' Moon Knight but Huston's run is a favourite too. The difference between Huston and Bendis is that the trauma he went through is the cause of him getting mixed up between his secret identities and we see him start to work through it while seeing some really cool stories. The stress makes him take his tools and confuse them with who he really is. Bendis took it as a straight up mental illness that he always had and then replaced the classic MK roles with Spider-Man, Cap and Wolverine. Which was not only terrible but also a waste of all that sweet Maleev MK art.

There's elements similar to Huston's in Moench's original where he starts getting angry with Marlene for using the wrong name when he is stressed out. I don't think Huston got him stuck with anything, he did the original a great service while moving forward.

So far I've read MK in these Werewolf issues and the two following one, West coast Avengers omni v2, Ellis' Secret Avengers, Ellis' own series and Bendis' series.
    Loved them all. Even Bendis.