Page 291 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1912412812872882892902912922932942953013413917911291 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 20773
    Incredible Member

I have a question about instocktrades (this coming from a new collected editions collector). Does instocktrades typically post new hardcovers on Tuesday? For instance, this week Uncanny X-Men Omnibus V1 is coming out (among other omnibi). Would that typically be posted today? I ask because my 2% off deal runs out today if I don't use it.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I have a question about instocktrades (this coming from a new collected editions collector). Does instocktrades typically post new hardcovers on Tuesday? For instance, this week Uncanny X-Men Omnibus V1 is coming out (among other omnibi). Would that typically be posted today? I ask because my 2% off deal runs out today if I don't use it.
    Yes they do later on in the day. So you'll get that extra 2% off.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes they do later on in the day. So you'll get that extra 2% off.
    Cool thanks! I'm thinking I'll be getting Uncanny X-Men V1, Gotham Central, and either Amazing Spider-Man V1 or Daredevil Companion (to go with my Daredevil Miller Omnibus). Any thoughts as to which of those two books I should go with first?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Tuesday at 3 ish, is the usual.
    Cyclops was right

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Cool thanks! I'm thinking I'll be getting Uncanny X-Men V1, Gotham Central, and either Amazing Spider-Man V1 or Daredevil Companion (to go with my Daredevil Miller Omnibus). Any thoughts as to which of those two books I should go with first?
    Spidey will have a bigger discount this week, so I'd go with that. DD will be overpriced whenever you get it, so sales probably don't matter as much.
    Cyclops was right

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Spidey will have a bigger discount this week, so I'd go with that. DD will be overpriced whenever you get it, so sales probably don't matter as much.
    I was thinking the same thing. My only concern is the Daredevil Companion going out of print faster. I don't know how fast these things go OOP though.

Shouldnt IST have updated its site with the new books by now? Usually its always within minutes of 12:00 pacific time

Edit; nevermind there up!!

So happpy to finally order UXM vol 1!!! Got a lot of reading to do to catch up to vol 3!!!
    Also ordered Gotham central omnibus and flash by morrison and miller
    Last edited by mtop2036; 05-03-2016 at 12:21 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy by Abnett & Lanning Omnibus.

http://imgur.com/a/JjUtE
    Sweeeeet!!!!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Shouldnt IST have updated its site with the new books by now? Usually its always within minutes of 12:00 pacific time
    man, no kidding, i kept hitting refresh every 15 minutes or so. I was trying to price compare with CGN. Saved $17 going with IST!

My big order of the month:

Daredevil Deluxe 6
    Guardians omnibus
    Gotham Central omnibus
    Scalped Deluxe 4
    Usagi Yojimbo Saga 6 (tpb)

I was all caught up reading-wise with the exception of Uncanny Omni 3 (half way thru) and the Johns' GL vol. 3

Oh well . . . .

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I was thinking the same thing. My only concern is the Daredevil Companion going out of print faster. I don't know how fast these things go OOP though.
    Yeah, Spidey price wise is the better option. I suspect the DD Companion will go OOP pretty quickly. It all depends on how long you wait to purchase it. A couple of months you should be OK but longer say 6 months could be very risky indeed.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    My big order of the month:

Daredevil Deluxe 6
    Guardians omnibus
    Gotham Central omnibus
    Scalped Deluxe 4
    Usagi Yojimbo Saga 6 (tpb)

I was all caught up reading-wise with the exception of Uncanny Omni 3 (half way thru) and the Johns' GL vol. 3

Oh well . . . .
    How are you liking the Waid's Daredevil run? I've read the first 3 OHCs and enjoyed them. I haven't read the fourth yet and the fifth seems awfully thin for the price. I'll probably get it since it's the end of his run but I was curious what you thought.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy by Abnett & Lanning Omnibus.

http://imgur.com/a/JjUtE
    ooooo shiny, any pictures of the spine or size comparisons?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    How are you liking the Waid's Daredevil run? I've read the first 3 OHCs and enjoyed them. I haven't read the fourth yet and the fifth seems awfully thin for the price. I'll probably get it since it's the end of his run but I was curious what you thought.
    I liked Waid's run. I LOVED Bendis and Brubaker, but we needed a little bit of swashbuckling fun for awhile, and that's something Waid brought to the table. The last volume is probably going to be thin but I really liked the ending. Waid's a sneaky one, dropping little hints here and there and making you wonder why Matt is doing what he's doing before he lays down the boom.

Good conclusion.

That said, I'm now back to enjoying a little bit more "darker" Daredevil under Soule, although at this point it's not quite to the Bendis-Brubaker darkness.

Hope that helps.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I liked Waid's run. I LOVED Bendis and Brubaker, but we needed a little bit of swashbuckling fun for awhile, and that's something Waid brought to the table. The last volume is probably going to be thin but I really liked the ending. Waid's a sneaky one, dropping little hints here and there and making you wonder why Matt is doing what he's doing before he lays down the boom.

Good conclusion.

That said, I'm now back to enjoying a little bit more "darker" Daredevil under Soule, although at this point it's not quite to the Bendis-Brubaker darkness.

Hope that helps.
    It helps a bunch. Thank you. It's going to be an expensive week. I agree with completely about enjoying the Bendis Daredevil more. I think that has been my favorite Daredevil to this day. Even more than Miller. Which may be blasphemy. I enjoyed Miller's DD when it came out but I was pretty young and most of it went over my head. One last question. Is the new Guardians of the Galaxy omni pretty self contained? I've stayed away from most of Marvel's cosmic stuff since Infinity Gauntlet. But I've heard so many good thing about this version of GOTG that I'd like to give it a try. But I don't want to have to track down the previous 2 cosmic omnis. Annihilation and Conquest I think. Any thoughts would be appreciated.