Page 292 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 1922422822882892902912922932942952963023423927921292 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 20730

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    It helps a bunch. Thank you. It's going to be an expensive week. I agree with completely about enjoying the Bendis Daredevil more. I think that has been my favorite Daredevil to this day. Even more than Miller. Which may be blasphemy. I enjoyed Miller's DD when it came out but I was pretty young and most of it went over my head. One last question. Is the new Guardians of the Galaxy omni pretty self contained? I've stayed away from most of Marvel's cosmic stuff since Infinity Gauntlet. But I've heard so many good thing about this version of GOTG that I'd like to give it a try. But I don't want to have to track down the previous 2 cosmic omnis. Annihilation and Conquest I think. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    I also think Bendis' Daredevil is the best run on the character, as well as one of the best runs in comics period. Waid's run is up there; I'd put it on par with Brubaker's completely underrated run. It's a different take on the character than we've seen lately, but no less interesting or nuanced.

Has anybody been keeping up with the All New, All different titles?

I recently finished the first volumes of Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy and Invincible Iron Man and thought they were all fantastic. Iron Man and Guardians in particular were great; Iron Man is one of the best titles Bendis has written in 10 years and Guardians is like a completely different title than the previous and admittedly uneven volume.

Drop me a PM if you are interested in the digital codes from any of them, as I never use them and would hate to see them go to waste.

Incredible Member

The Ultimates, OML, MM Spider-man, Spider-man/Deadpool, Black Panther, Sam Wilson Cap, GOTG, and Uncanny Inhumans I've enjoyed quite a bit so far.
    Scarlett Witch, Ms. Marvel, Agents of SHIELD, and ANAD Avengersare good.
    Uncanny Avengers, New Avengers, A-Force, and Extraordinary X-Men are decent.

Waiting on Punisher and Nighthawk.

Incredible Member

It helps a bunch. Thank you. It's going to be an expensive week. I agree with completely about enjoying the Bendis Daredevil more. I think that has been my favorite Daredevil to this day. Even more than Miller. Which may be blasphemy. I enjoyed Miller's DD when it came out but I was pretty young and most of it went over my head. One last question. Is the new Guardians of the Galaxy omni pretty self contained? I've stayed away from most of Marvel's cosmic stuff since Infinity Gauntlet. But I've heard so many good thing about this version of GOTG that I'd like to give it a try. But I don't want to have to track down the previous 2 cosmic omnis. Annihilation and Conquest I think. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Conquest is still available, and the precursor to what becomes Guardians, but Anihilation is pricey. Just ordered my GOtG so stoked to get this on the shelf, kind of bummed on the double dip for Thanos Imperative.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Conquest is still available, and the precursor to what becomes Guardians, but Anihilation is pricey. Just ordered my GOtG so stoked to get this on the shelf, kind of bummed on the double dip for Thanos Imperative.
    So Anihilation and conquest are required to understand Gotg? Any chance there is a recap page in Gotg that explains what happened in annihilation and conquest?

Yes, Miller's stuff was great and he laid the groundwork, but Bendis really took the ball and ran with it. I don't know the answer to your question about Guardians, since I've already read the other two cosmic omnis, but at the end of the day, you can probably figure out what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post

I recently finished the first volumes of Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy and Invincible Iron Man and thought they were all fantastic. Iron Man and Guardians in particular were great; Iron Man is one of the best titles Bendis has written in 10 years and Guardians is like a completely different title than the previous and admittedly uneven volume.

Drop me a PM if you are interested in the digital codes from any of them, as I never use them and would hate to see them go to waste.
    Man, I'm loving those Iron Man titles. I agree - some of Bendis' best stuff. There's still a little bit of dialogue overkill, but he's mixing up the action and intrigue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    So Anihilation and conquest are required to understand Gotg? Any chance there is a recap page in Gotg that explains what happened in annihilation and conquest?
    Conquest more so than Anihilation since Guardians spins out of that event. Marvel cosmic titles of this era are really intertwined and well coordinated. That being said they are still comics where past events are always referenced and add depth if you have read previous runs, but I wouldn't say essential to understand the plots in following stories. I haven't read GotG yet but have read Anihilation and Conquest and can't recall anything that was incomprehensible without the former, I can't imagine a ongoing spun out of an event to be any different.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post

100% agree on Iron Man. I went in a little hesitant, but it's REALLY good. It's not written with tons of Bendis-like quips, it's just a solid solid book. And the whole Mary Jane thing I think was a major swerve, everyone assumed Tony would be hitting on her - it's like Bendis (and Marvel most likely) wanted to thumb their nose at the Peter/Mary Jane crowd yet again, but so far that story is top notch. I'll admit I'm actually somewhat shocked by it, but pleasantly shocked by it. He can stay on that book for sometime.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    The Ultimates, OML, MM Spider-man, Spider-man/Deadpool, Black Panther, Sam Wilson Cap, GOTG, and Uncanny Inhumans I've enjoyed quite a bit so far.
    Scarlett Witch, Ms. Marvel, Agents of SHIELD, and ANAD Avengersare good.
    Uncanny Avengers, New Avengers, A-Force, and Extraordinary X-Men are decent.

Waiting on Punisher and Nighthawk.
    The Vision books is good too, in a VERY weird sort of way. It has the feel of a short run, though, not sure if that's been announced but it feels like a 12-15 issue series to me. Probably not the highest sales numbers, either.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    The Vision books is good too, in a VERY weird sort of way. It has the feel of a short run, though, not sure if that's been announced but it feels like a 12-15 issue series to me. Probably not the highest sales numbers, either.
    Yah I've heard. I'm just gonna wait on the trade. Also didn't the writer for it sign exclusively with DC?

Amazing Member

What are the chances of the Marvel now books being printed in Omnibus? I was going to buy All New X-Men Vol 1 OHC, But it is sold out everywhere.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnnykid View Post
    What are the chances of the Marvel now books being printed in Omnibus? I was going to buy All New X-Men Vol 1 OHC, But it is sold out everywhere.
    No one really knows by what criteria Marvel goes by when issuing Omnis of the recent stuff.

However, if It's Bendis, there's a good chance it will get Omni treatment. Therefore, I reckon ANXM will make it to Omni format. But at the end of the day, your guess is as good as mine.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnnykid View Post
    Popularity mostly, Hawkeye and Ms Marvel get omnis because they're popular.

As Raffi said, anything by Bendis is also quite likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    your guess is as good as mine.
    you the man, Charlie Brown
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

You don't need to ask for ketchup with your comic books

The "catch up" is always there. You can always have catch up. I urge all new readers to step up to the counter and dig in.

The first time I ordered up some Uncanny X-Men I got issue #181. It was hot off the press in 1984 and tied in nicely to the SECRET WARS with the X-Men teleporting back from Battleworld.

I read the Guardians of the Galaxy by DNA(TPB collection 1&2) without having read Annihilation and I was ok. Honest.
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 05-04-2016 at 06:10 AM.