Page 294 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1942442842902912922932942952962972983043443947941294 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    So Anihilation and conquest are required to understand Gotg? Any chance there is a recap page in Gotg that explains what happened in annihilation and conquest?
    I wouldn't say they're "required", but Guardians of the Galaxy does spin out of them. The Guardians form as a direct result of both of those events. But the dialog does convey pretty much all information that's absolutely needed. "The galaxy is in a weakened state due to X and Y." That sort of thing.

I read Guardians first though (and then back-filled with Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest), and I managed ok. You can find decent recaps online.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I'd prefer the classic, but oh man, I'd buy an OHC of Zeb Wells' New Mutants issues in a New York minute. SUCH an underrated run. Probably not enough to fill an omni (what was it, 18 issues total? And three of those were Second Coming crossover issues, so you'd probably leave those out), but it'd make for a perfect OHC.
    ummm
    A full New Mutants By Zeb Wells would include:

New Mutants, vol. 3 #1–25
    +
    Marvel Spotlight: New Mutants
    +
    X-Necrosha Crossover ( New X-Men #32; X-Force vol. 3 #11, #21–25; New Mutants vol. 3 #6–8; X-Men: Legacy #231–234; X-Force/New Mutants: Necrosha One-Shot; X Necrosha: The Gathering; material from X-Force vol. 3 Annual #1)
    +
    X-Men: Second Coming Crossover (Second Coming: Prepare; Second Coming #1–2; Uncanny X-Men #523–525; New Mutants, vol. 3 #12–14; X-Men Legacy #235–237; X-Force vol. 3 #26–28)
    +
    X-Men: Age of X Crossover (Age of X: Alpha; X-Men Legacy #245–247; New Mutants, vol. 3 #22–24; Age of X: Universe #1–2)

the following volumes were by Dan Abnett I believe and include:
    New Mutants, vol. 3 #25–50

Well, in July IDW will release a New Mutants by Bill Siekenverivwerchaz.....however you spell it Artist Select HC. It's basically an over-sized New Mutants by Bill Omnibus.

http://www.talesofwonder.com/product...-%28Net%29-%28
    what is this series?
    OHC centered ona Marvel Artist?

Spectacular Member

I really enjoyed Zeb Wells' run on New Mutants, but the idea of that run getting an omnibus over Claremont's original run seems blasphemous to me.

Spectacular Member

Also, pretty sure Wells didn't have anything to do with Age of X. He just did issues 1-21.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mortimer View Post
    I really enjoyed Zeb Wells' run on New Mutants, but the idea of that run getting an omnibus over Claremont's original run seems blasphemous to me.
    agree 100%!
    There are 3 "old school" series that desperately need to be omnified:
    - New Mutants
    - Moon Knight
    - Excalibur

Spectacular Member dark phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    agree 100%!
    There are 3 "old school" series that desperately need to be omnified:
    - New Mutants
    - Moon Knight
    - Excalibur
    I'd swap a Byrne Alpha Flight for Moon Knight and add an original X-Factor to that but yeah, those are needed.
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!"

ummm
    what is this series?
    OHC centered ona Marvel Artist?
    Yep. Pretty cool, right? So far they've done a Sal Buscema Hulk, George Perez Avengers and there's an upcoming Herb Trimpe Hulk book. They're larger than an Omnibus (bigger dimensions), and each is individually signed & numbered and limited to 999 copies. The Trimpe book is limited to 679 since he died as they were putting the book together and that's as many copies as he signed. There's a thread over at the MMW MB with more info, pics, etc.

I've pre-ordered the Trimpe Hulk book and am thinking about the Buscema Hulk and Bill S New Mutants volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I'd prefer the classic, but oh man, I'd buy an OHC of Zeb Wells' New Mutants issues in a New York minute. SUCH an underrated run. Probably not enough to fill an omni (what was it, 18 issues total? And three of those were Second Coming crossover issues, so you'd probably leave those out), but it'd make for a perfect OHC.
    I agree, the Zeb Wells run was very good though short-lived (21 issues). A New Mutants omnibus announcement would seem likely when the movie gets a release date.

The idea that Marvel releases Omnibus books based on merit or chronological sense has long since departed, imo. The prime motivations for releases seem to be; 1) the availability of quality original files 2) the profit margin expected.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post

The idea that Marvel releases Omnibus books based on merit or chronological sense has long since departed, imo. The prime motivations for releases seem to be; 1) the availability of quality original files 2) the profit margin expected.
    Also ease of reproduction, they reprint things previously collected because its easy. In fact, the guardians Omni is an example of this, trades, reprinted as complete collections, reprinted as an Omni. Encouraging double dipping is a skill few other companies can claim they have, I know ive done it multiple times to get a nice format.
    Last edited by RIPLynott; 05-05-2016 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Well, in July IDW will release a New Mutants by Bill Siekenverivwerchaz.....however you spell it Artist Select HC. It's basically an over-sized New Mutants by Bill Omnibus.

http://www.talesofwonder.com/product...-%28Net%29-%28
    How much for shipping to UK, does anybody know?

Would they charge me now or prior to shipping?

EDIT

Doesn't matter, found it on FP.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 05-06-2016 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dark phoenix View Post
    I'd swap a Byrne Alpha Flight for Moon Knight and add an original X-Factor to that but yeah, those are needed.
    sign me up for the Alpha Flight too!
    Original X-factor i think the best events have been collected in crossovers, no?
    I'd rather they start with the 90's Peter David Government team run (from #71), one of my X-family favourites was Peter's X-factor (even the all new stuff i found interesting).

(the 1st "all new/ all different" marvel title? :P )

Last edited by ricardoramos; 05-06-2016 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    How much for shipping to UK, does anybody know?

Would they charge me now or prior to shipping?
    It is listed on archonia in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Was kinda hoping for that off white color to match the annihilation omni's, sort of a matching cosmic theme along with WoK.
    Me too...oh well. I'm just happy this run is finally oversized.

Fantastic Member

(the 1st "all new/ all different" marvel title? :P )
    Do you really think All-New, All-Different was first used in X-Factor?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    Do you really think All-New, All-Different was first used in X-Factor?
    It's this guy, right?

spoilers:
    R.I.P. Thunderbird.
    end of spoilers

x-men-94-origin-first-appearance-new-x-men.jpg