Page 297 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1972472872932942952962972982993003013073473977971297 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    I don't know that anything is inevitable, as far as Marvel's printing rationale goes. They might release the whole shebang as one of those nifty multi-volume slip-cased box sets. Or, complete collections. We really have no idea what they'll do. About the only sure thing was that eventually this book was going to get hot again with the next Avengers movie.
    This book is always hot. There is a period of saturation with a new printing, but IG always holds value.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Not much you can do, the Infinity Gauntlet series is collector gold and always has been. Even the cheapo $1 reprint of the first issue sells above cover.

Insofar as reprints seem random, this has to be a great candidate for the big movie tie-in. Unless we get Howard The Duck vol 2 instead
    Hoping that we get a hardcover Infinity War + Infinity Crusade, personally.

Have you all seen this?

www.themarvelousbox.com

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Have you all seen this?

www.themarvelousbox.com
    Doesn't seem like a good idea at all since you never know what you'll get. So one box might contain, say, Hawkeye TPB vol. 2, so you need vol. 1 as well. And if you buy that independently, you could end up with another copy of that in the next box.

On top of that, Amazon, CGN etc. offer discounts on the books that are similar to what you'd save here (I expect a lot of sales items/stock clearance books in there anyway).

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Have you all seen this?

www.themarvelousbox.com
    Yes, I've heard of this. It's probably a good thing for new collectors/Marvel novices. But for the majority of us on this thread we generally know what we want and also already have a lot of stuff, so we would end up double dipping. And the downside, as LJ wrote, is that you have no idea what you'll pull out of the hat.

YAY UXM vol 1 has finally came!! Cant wait to dive in, although I wish it had some of the extras that are in vol 3, like the schematics for the mansion, jet, cyclops visor etc.

Has anyone bought the 'Inhuman OHC' that collects Soule's series? Is it any good (regarding build, extras, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Luckily I bought some extra copies dirt cheap to sell later on at those ridiculously high prices to fools who waited too long!
    Salt in the wound, Charlie Brown.

All-New Member

I'm thinking about picking up the Captain Marvel Masterworks volume6 that just came out, but then I would need to go back and track down the other 5 volumes. Do you think Marvel will release an omnibus for Captain Marvel? Also, I primarily collect hardcovers, hence why I would go back and purchase the other masterwork volumes.

Spectacular Member

Kinda bummed to realize only yesterday (when I was looking to buy it from IST) that the X-Factor: Genesis & Apocalypse TPB has been cancelled. This would have nicely filled a gap in the first several issues of the series, and if they thought twice about doing it on the cusp of the perfect movie tie-in, then I'm not confident that we'll see it rescheduled to a later date. Then again, this same thing happened with Damage Control Complete Collection, and we eventually saw its release. Who knows...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    Kinda bummed to realize only yesterday (when I was looking to buy it from IST) that the X-Factor: Genesis & Apocalypse TPB has been cancelled. This would have nicely filled a gap in the first several issues of the series, and if they thought twice about doing it on the cusp of the perfect movie tie-in, then I'm not confident that we'll see it rescheduled to a later date. Then again, this same thing happened with Damage Control Complete Collection, and we eventually saw its release. Who knows...
    I'm really hoping that it is going to come out as an Epic Collection release. Makes more sense in the long run.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by oberatixx View Post
    I'm thinking about picking up the Captain Marvel Masterworks volume6 that just came out, but then I would need to go back and track down the other 5 volumes. Do you think Marvel will release an omnibus for Captain Marvel? Also, I primarily collect hardcovers, hence why I would go back and purchase the other masterwork volumes.
    I don't feel a Captain Marvel Omnibus would be very likely based on trends we've seen in the past. He is a character who has merited close to zero non-MMW collections aside from "Death Of" and Starlin-focused books. If anything, more old-school Captain Marvel releases will create brand confusion with the current Captain Marvel - who is about to star in the MCU!

If you do go the MMW route and my search last year is any indication, Volumes 3-5 are relatively easy to obtain, but Vol. 1-2 will require some alert-setting to catch at reasonable prices.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    Kinda bummed to realize only yesterday (when I was looking to buy it from IST) that the X-Factor: Genesis & Apocalypse TPB has been cancelled.
    The announcement was over a month ago that this book is cancelled and will be re-solicited. Furthermore, Diamond is referring to it as X-Factor Epic Collection: Genesis & Apocalypse, so the working theory is that it will be re-solicited as an Epic volume with more pages and content (I guess it would include Mutant Massacre issues).

I have finally received last week the new printing of the Frank Miller's Daredevil Omnibus Companion. In addition to The Flicker Fade design information (pafe 274 of this topic), here a factual review of the content of the book.

http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...r-omnibus.html

I am not sure of two things:
    - does the Daredevil "bible" and Daredevil #226 synopsis in the extra section are exclusive to the omnibus companion edition (all prints)?
    - does the 2008 Marvel Premiere HC edition cover for The Man Without Fear is included in the first print published also in 2008 (very last page)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    The announcement was over a month ago that this book is cancelled and will be re-solicited. Furthermore, Diamond is referring to it as X-Factor Epic Collection: Genesis & Apocalypse, so the working theory is that it will be re-solicited as an Epic volume with more pages and content (I guess it would include Mutant Massacre issues).
    That's a big deal, doesn't that mean that X-Factor will now be in that completionist-style Epic line? Is this not an implied commitment for more X-Factor epics down the line?

The more lines they add to Epic the more nervous I get that they are not going to follow through with collecting the full volumes.