Page 298 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1982482882942952962972982993003013023083483987981298 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 20771
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I don't feel a Captain Marvel Omnibus would be very likely based on trends we've seen in the past. He is a character who has merited close to zero non-MMW collections aside from "Death Of" and Starlin-focused books. If anything, more old-school Captain Marvel releases will create brand confusion with the current Captain Marvel - who is about to star in the MCU!

If you do go the MMW route and my search last year is any indication, Volumes 3-5 are relatively easy to obtain, but Vol. 1-2 will require some alert-setting to catch at reasonable prices.
    My experience was a little different. Volumes 2 and 4 are clearance books. Volumes 1 and 5 you can still get for well below cover. The only one I had to really pay for was 3. I think I paid $80, but I was willing to do that since I got 2 and 4 for like $30 total. Volume 3 is listed pretty high than that on ebay, so I just waited for someone to post one as an auction, as the Buy It Nows are often very overpriced. This was all only in the last couple months.

There's a local chain in the New England are called Newbury Comics and they carry the Archives and Masterworks that are on clearance, from $10 to $20, this is where I found Volumes 2 and 4. In fact, finding them there, then checking ebay to see what the other volumes were going for, is the reason I decided to collect take a shot at the series. Already ordered Volume 6.
    Last edited by Liven; 05-12-2016 at 05:17 AM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    That's a big deal, doesn't that mean that X-Factor will now be in that completionist-style Epic line? Is this not an implied commitment for more X-Factor epics down the line?

The more lines they add to Epic the more nervous I get that they are not going to follow through with collecting the full volumes.
    I think a lot of us share your concern.

Personally, I wish they'd put a temporary moratorium on all new Epic lines until they complete at least one of the original six...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Come on guys, there's no way they are ever going to complete any Epic series. Just gotta take em for what they are individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Come on guys, there's no way they are ever going to complete any Epic series. Just gotta take em for what they are individually.
    we can dream. I think so far the line is popular since they keep releasing more and more titles. It's well priced and in colour and reprints lots of material that could have only seen reprint in overpriced MMW or omnibus form or as a b&w essential.
    Well I wouldn't say it's for sure but I really think it might happen with some titles.

Quote Originally Posted by dayle88 View Post
    come on guys, there's no way they are ever going to complete any epic series. Just gotta take em for what they are individually.
    nah nah nah. I cant hear you.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oberatixx View Post
    I'm thinking about picking up the Captain Marvel Masterworks volume6 that just came out, but then I would need to go back and track down the other 5 volumes. Do you think Marvel will release an omnibus for Captain Marvel? Also, I primarily collect hardcovers, hence why I would go back and purchase the other masterwork volumes.
    Since the Mar-Vell version of Captain Marvel isn't the one the movie will spotlight I highly doubt this material gets Omni'd any time soon.
    But, hey, Marvel Collected Editions Dept has surprised us numerous times with what they decide. Right?
    New Warriors, Man-Thing, Werewolf by Night, 90's Collected Ed etc, etc!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

My guess for the Captain Marvel Omni is the KSD run, if anything. Which I will definitely pick up.
    Cyclops was right

if I'm looking to cash in and sell all my rare marvel omni's, is there a cheap way to replace them? (not digitally) specifically looking at Secret Warriors, DD's, Cap & Punisher, uncanny x-force, Iron Fist, the Cosmic stuff, as they are going for stupid money, and they aren't that good, but if there are some thick trades i may consider replacing them with those

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    if I'm looking to cash in and sell all my rare marvel omni's, is there a cheap way to replace them? (not digitally) specifically looking at Secret Warriors, DD's, Cap & Punisher, uncanny x-force, Iron Fist, the Cosmic stuff, as they are going for stupid money, and they aren't that good, but if there are some thick trades i may consider replacing them with those
    Lucky for you, I have guides for all of those books so I know the alternatives well

Secret Warriors: SELL! You can replace it with a pair of complete collections for about $45.

DD: Use caution. The trio of Bendis Ultimate collections come in and out of print like a revolving door, and if you catch a bad time the price jumps up to $30-40/ea purely due to the temporary scarcity. I've watched this happen at least twice since 2014. The Brubaker trio of Ultimates can be done for under $70 but miss a pair of omni-only issues (which you could buy floppy and get custom bound and still make out on the deal).

Cap: SELL! As of about a year ago, the Brubaker Run can be covered entirely with PHCs which all hit bargain bin, plus a set of initial Ultimate collections that taper off. I put together the whole run from front to back averaging well under $3 an issue.

Punisher: You'd need to specify which one, and I don't keep track of the MAX stuff.

Uncanny X-Force: SELL! Though I love and cherish this Omni as much as Astonishing X-Men, the pair of complete Collections can be had for under $60 combined, plus you can pick up their Fear Itself book, which is the only UXF appearance outside of their own series.

Iron Fist: SELL! This is a no-brainer - the first Complete Collections is equivalent to Omni, and the second gets you the entire series.

Cosmic: Depends. Annihilation stuff was already expensive pre-Omni, and I haven't checked to see if it came down. Plus, it's only going to get MORE ridiculous as we barrel towards Infinity War unless there's a reprint. If there is one in your set I'd keep both for being solid collections AND for potential future upside, it's probably these. That said, I've been happy to have it in OHC instead of Omni - you could find a deal that would make the switch worthwhile.
    Last edited by krisis; 05-12-2016 at 08:23 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

Can anyone recommend online bookstore specifically for shipping in/to the UK.
    Thinking of buying DD companion for a friend living there.

Have surveyed IST and Amazon UK. Just wondering if there is better and cheaper alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post

Have surveyed IST and Amazon UK. Just wondering if there is better and cheaper alternative.
    I recommend http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/dar...d0hdhd2rulqak3 because they do proper packaging, and their price are attractive. Don't know about shipping costs but they are UK based.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    I have finally received last week the new printing of the Frank Miller's Daredevil Omnibus Companion. In addition to The Flicker Fade design information (pafe 274 of this topic), here a factual review of the content of the book.

http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...r-omnibus.html

I am not sure of two things:
    - does the Daredevil "bible" and Daredevil #226 synopsis in the extra section are exclusive to the omnibus companion edition (all prints)?
    - does the 2008 Marvel Premiere HC edition cover for The Man Without Fear is included in the first print published also in 2008 (very last page)?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Excellent review on your blog pages. The images included there are very helpful for discerning collectors. Perhaps the wording in your questions is a little off in translation but I can offer some input, though I only own the DD Companion Omnibus (2016 reprint) and Born Again and Man w/o Fear tpbs:

1) The Daredevil "Bible" synopsis is exclusive to the Omnibus companion. The script pages for DD #219 are also exclusive to the omnibus, as this issue is not included in the trades.
    2) The 2008 Marvel Premiere Classic HC (mass market edition) cover is included in the Omnibus as well as the Man without Fear TPB. It is the last page of both books.
    It should be noted that the images for the extras included in the Companion omnibus are darker(higher contrast for script pages) and have improvements (moiré pattern removed) over the TPBs.

Lastly, I would like to know if the cover to DD #233 (textless) is erroneously printed upside down in the 2008 Omnibus companion as well. This struck me as a major error but it's really not a big deal as you can easily invert the book if you want to admire the art (not one of the better covers in the Born Again arc).

Thanks again for Vark's excellent review pages & images.

Amazing Member

BookDepository is in UK

Forbidden planet, while the packaging might be good, it can take ages for a despatch, although Vark might have more experience with them. Also I was screwed over with a Christmas present once and the costumer service wasn't up to standard IMO. So I can't really recommend them.

Bookdepository's prices are ridiculous sometimes compared to other online shops.

Speedyhen is my favourite, they have the best prices and fats delivery. The downside is that their packaging can be hit or miss.
    What I try to do is place big orders because heavier books get sent via Yodel and if your order is big they will put it in a cardboard box padded with paper. So from there it really depends on your local Yodel guy. Mine is quite alright and got my books with really minimal dings.
    If you order just one thinner book or one of them from your order is out of stock and gets sent later it will arrive by Royal Mail in the standard cardboard wrap around packaging.

Wordery is another good option, haven't used them since January but I would say their packaging and despatch style is similar to speedyhen but some people say they trust them more.

I've heard good things about Reed comics, they have an ebay store not sure about own website. Prices are higher but not bookdepository levels and IIRC they have good packaging.

You can get good deals from http://www.cheap-comics.com/, they are from the Netherlands but have really good packaging, fast shipping and costumer service. Only downside is the 15 euro flatrate shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Lucky for you, I have guides for all of those books so I know the alternatives well

Secret Warriors: SELL! You can replace it with a pair of complete collections for about $45.

DD: Use caution. The trio of Bendis Ultimate collections come in and out of print like a revolving door, and if you catch a bad time the price jumps up to $30-40/ea purely due to the temporary scarcity. I've watched this happen at least twice since 2014. The Brubaker trio of Ultimates can be done for under $70 but miss a pair of omni-only issues (which you could buy floppy and get custom bound and still make out on the deal).

Cap: SELL! As of about a year ago, the Brubaker Run can be covered entirely with PHCs which all hit bargain bin, plus a set of initial Ultimate collections that taper off. I put together the whole run from front to back averaging well under $3 an issue.

Punisher: You'd need to specify which one, and I don't keep track of the MAX stuff.

Uncanny X-Force: SELL! Though I love and cherish this Omni as much as Astonishing X-Men, the pair of complete Collections can be had for under $60 combined, plus you can pick up their Fear Itself book, which is the only UXF appearance outside of their own series.

Iron Fist: SELL! This is a no-brainer - the first Complete Collections is equivalent to Omni, and the second gets you the entire series.

Cosmic: Depends. Annihilation stuff was already expensive pre-Omni, and I haven't checked to see if it came down. Plus, it's only going to get MORE ridiculous as we barrel towards Infinity War unless there's a reprint. If there is one in your set I'd keep both for being solid collections AND for potential future upside, it's probably these. That said, I've been happy to have it in OHC instead of Omni - you could find a deal that would make the switch worthwhile.
    God bless you good sir, the most ultimate of answers

Ps. It's the Ennis omnibus I have (I'm guessing the regular 616?)
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 05-13-2016 at 02:35 AM.