Page 3 of 1382 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    You do have to wonder who in the Marvel Collected Editions Dept is at the top and ultimately approving these bad Omni's over&over&over again.
    How many bad examples need there be: Women of Marvel, Marvel Now, Ultimate Marvel vol.1, Marvel Firsts 90's & Powers.

Even niche character Omnis that seem to have a narrow appeal sell decent: Man-Thing, Werewolf by Night, Young Avengers, New Warriors.....
    Some of it might be ease of printing. For the 1990s Omni, a lot of that material seems to have been reproduced a lot lately, much double dipped in other omnis. So there is no need to remaster or sort out rights. For others. I think the Marvel Now Omni was trying to pull off what DC does but it didn't work out, and hopefully we won't see that for All New All Different. Ultimate marvel Omni was all material that had already been set in Omni and OHC so it was probably fairly easy to slap together.

Marvel still makes an effort to get licensing and old stuff ready. Just not at the rate I personally would like.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

I'm looking forward to the next batch of epics being announced. Thor going over a year (12 months) without a new volume was very sad news to me last one was feb 2015 next has not been announced yet. Hopefully no other lines will slip that far between volumes.

I don't think 2015 was bad for Epics I did pick up/will be getting 7 for the year.
    Captain America 16, Fantastic Four 25, Incredible Hulk 19, Moon Knight 2, Silver Surfer 3, Wolverine 8, and X-Men 12. Epics continue to be a great source of reading material and gap fillers. With the back end of the year so loaded for me I'll probably fall behind for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'm looking forward to the next batch of epics being announced. Thor going over a year (12 months) without a new volume was very sad news to me last one was feb 2015 next has not been announced yet. Hopefully no other lines will slip that far between volumes.

I don't think 2015 was bad for Epics I did pick up/will be getting 7 for the year.
    Captain America 16, Fantastic Four 25, Incredible Hulk 19, Moon Knight 2, Silver Surfer 3, Wolverine 8, and X-Men 12. Epics continue to be a great source of reading material and gap fillers. With the back end of the year so loaded for me I'll probably fall behind for a while.
    Yeah I am becoming more and more of a fan. They are (relatively) cheap, look good together on the shelf and pickup a lot of material not available (in chronological order). I only hope they hold up over time.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Yeah I am becoming more and more of a fan. They are (relatively) cheap, look good together on the shelf and pickup a lot of material not available (in chronological order). I only hope they hold up over time.
    I love them and have bought every single one, but yes the main 6 getting 1 each was disappointing and seems like more focus was put on star wars

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    IST has the DM SHIELD Cover as the top seller. Hard to resist that one.
    Speaking of which, it appears the Steranko DM Variant SHIELD Omnibus is now OOS at IST. That other "cheap" website has it up for 40% off still, and TOW has it too. But if Diamond is out of copies, I would expect prices to climb fast on that variant cover. Or maybe IST is just waiting for Diamond to distribute more copies. If you didn't get your copy yet and want one, I'd suggest emailing IST to see if you can figure out the situation. I could easily see this becoming a sort of Annihilation or Uncanny X-Force situation solely on the basis of Steranko's popularity. If you don't care about Steranko though, the standard Ross cover is very nice as well and that appears to be in stock everywhere for now.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenalherd View Post
    I love them and have bought every single one, but yes the main 6 getting 1 each was disappointing and seems like more focus was put on star wars
    Someone posted recent Epic sales #s on the previous thread. The core Epics were decreasing in sales then along comes the Star Wars cash cow. Apparently one of the recent Star Wars epics sold 2k DM copies its month of release compared to 850 for the last FF Epic (in round #s). So I can see why Marvel is focusing more on the SW Epics.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Speaking of which, it appears the Steranko DM Variant SHIELD Omnibus is now OOS at IST. That other "cheap" website has it up for 40% off still, and TOW has it too. But if Diamond is out of copies, I would expect prices to climb fast on that variant cover. Or maybe IST is just waiting for Diamond to distribute more copies. If you didn't get your copy yet and want one, I'd suggest emailing IST to see if you can figure out the situation. I could easily see this becoming a sort of Annihilation or Uncanny X-Force situation solely on the basis of Steranko's popularity. If you don't care about Steranko though, the standard Ross cover is very nice as well and that appears to be in stock everywhere for now.
    Was a bit salty it went OOS as soon as I went to go purchase it a few hours ago. I was never a big fan of those classic covers and I like Ross, so I'm okay w/ the original cover. But this was to be my first variant cover for any omnibus.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

For those of you who don't regularly check the Good Deals Thread:

1. You should
    2. The Star Wars Original Years Omnibus Vol. 2 is going for less than $42 on amazon.com (67% discount)
    3. Iron Man Michelinie Omnibus is going for $47 (was $45 an hr ago) on amazon.com (52% discount).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Someone posted recent Epic sales #s on the previous thread. The core Epics were decreasing in sales then along comes the Star Wars cash cow. Apparently one of the recent Star Wars epics sold 2k DM copies its month of release compared to 850 for the last FF Epic (in round #s). So I can see why Marvel is focusing more on the SW Epics.
    Surprisingly the biggest sellers apart from SW books have been the volume ones of most of them, considering they have been released in other formats so many times! Hearing Hulk has been a good seller for the Epics anyhow.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

1. You should
    2. The Star Wars Original Years Omnibus Vol. 2 is going for less than $42 on amazon.com (67% discount)
    3. Iron Man Michelinie Omnibus is going for $47 (was $45 an hr ago) on amazon.com (52% discount).
    Thanks for that. That's a great deal on the Star Wars Omnibus. It's a good deal on the Iron Man one too but I already have that.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    CGN (That other "cheap" website) still has the Steranko DM cover listed for $59.99 for those that want to grab it and not take chances. No doubt that price will jump up big time once they see that IST and TOW are now sold out.

Another alert for Spider-Man by Roger Stern Omnibus. Amazon is down to a few copies and CGN now shows out of stock. I get the feeling they pulled it to hold copies for when it goes completely OOP to relist at a much higher price. Mentioned this for Fantastic Four volume 3 omnibus as well right before the old thread closed down.

Have seen this pattern a bunch of times which makes it hard for me keeping the OOP list as they do this on other titles saying out of stock but then when they realize it is not going truly OOP it gets put up again two or three weeks later or comes back at much later date at retail price. Once their price goes above retail I consider it out of stock on the list.

I have moved Spider-man Volume 1 (3rd printing) to the OOP list as IST & TOW are sold out and CGN's price is now $109 (above retail)
    Last edited by Omnibus; 10-13-2015 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenalherd View Post
    Surprisingly the biggest sellers apart from SW books have been the volume ones of most of them, considering they have been released in other formats so many times! Hearing Hulk has been a good seller for the Epics anyhow.
    I find them great as gifts and stuff for people getting into a character or team. Still amazed that Daredevil 1 has not come out in Epic yet.

You should put up the link for the list of all the ohcs unless its allready up and im just blind

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

1. You should
    Ugh. Now I want to get it, but I don't have the cash.
    Cyclops was right

Shiny new thread!

What will be the first Marvel Omnibus you read in this new thread era?

I have no idea.