Page 300 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2002502902962972982993003013023033043103504008001300 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 20773
    Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

i'll take annihilation, Iron fist, cap, UXF off your hands!

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnnykid View Post
    Can you all please help me out? You would be doing me a huge favor
    I made a top 10 list a omni's (series) i want to buy but can't make up my mind on which to buy first. Can you tell me what to buy first based on what will go OOP first and what is the best to read, Of course.

Here are my top 10 in no order:
    Uncanny X-Men Vol 2
    Age Of Apocalypse
    Star Wars 1 2 3
    Justice League of America
    Howard The Duck
    Uncanny Avengers
    Daredevil and Elektra
    Batman Neal Adams
    Green Lantern 1 2 3 Geoff Johns
    Captain America Lee Kirby 1 2

For example i want to read Green Lantern, But i'm not sure if Howard the Duck and Star Wars will go OOP

Thanks
    the reprint of Howard the Duck was shocking to me and I doubt will ever be reprinted again, Uncanny Avengers has been out a while and isn't a silver age classic to drive reprinting so may be a good first choices.

Marvel Star Wars will hopefully fall out of print tonight all three volumes. I would spare you that pain if it were in my power.

Uncanny X-Men volume 2 reprint isn't even out yet so safe there, I would guess cap 1 and 2 and Age Of Apocalypse Daredevil and Electra will also be safe for a bit all being new.

I would recommend trying out a story or 2 digitally of Justice League to see if you enjoy DC Silver Age.

DC seems good at keeping things in print for a long time but Green Lantern volume one has been out for over a year so if thats what you want to read the most

Since I'm just guessing I hope any of that was helpful, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    1st print Elektra extras: Saga covers, Saga pin ups, extra pages/panels from saga 1 & 3, original art Saga 1 pg 26, Assassin poster and sketch by Sienkiewicz, Assassin Graphitti Designs Dust Jacket and Signature page paintings, Assassin unused page, Assassin tpb covers 1987/2000, Love & War HC cover, Elektra 2 (2001) cover, Sienkiewicz character studies, Lives again prison sequence notes Miller. Page count 394.
    Thanks for the info. The only difference in extras from those you listed, is the Assassin unused page. In the new reprint, that is a page of "original art from Elektra Assassin #4" (pages 14, 18-19). They are reduced to fit 3 panels on the page. These were pages auctioned off courtesy of HeritageAuctions.com.

Also can you verify that page 14 (Bizarre Adventures #28) is cropped and missing part of the text in panel 3? The guard is supposed to say "It's croaked." It is cut down the middle of the text balloon in the reprint. Still, the page count for the reprint is definitely 400, so there are 6 pages unaccounted for somewhere.

Yes the "bible" is in first print. First print has #219 synopsis by Miller(Edit: Just saw the correction that 219 is in both prints). And this is the last page of first editionName:
    image.jpg
    so there are some differences in extras between prints. Also the end papers are black in my copy (variant edition)
    Thanks for this too. So we have confirmed a different last page (MPC HC image in the 2016 omnibus reprint). Not a deal breaker, but good to know for those who are deciding on which printing to buy. The Marvel Age image is included in both editions.

Yes 233 is upside down in first print. If you or Vark have any other questions about differences let me know. Don't know if it was just lighting or not but the contents page illustration mine seems to be darker as the pants look far more purple in my copy and Varks photo on the blog look more pink
    I definitely think that's just a matter of camera default settings or image editing/brightening on Vark's image.
    Last edited by banky; 05-14-2016 at 12:11 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    the reprint of Howard the Duck was shocking to me and I doubt will ever be reprinted again, Uncanny Avengers has been out a while and isn't a silver age classic to drive reprinting so may be a good first choices.

Marvel Star Wars will hopefully fall out of print tonight all three volumes. I would spare you that pain if it were in my power.

Uncanny X-Men volume 2 reprint isn't even out yet so safe there, I would guess cap 1 and 2 and Age Of Apocalypse Daredevil and Electra will also be safe for a bit all being new.

I would recommend trying out a story or 2 digitally of Justice League to see if you enjoy DC Silver Age.

DC seems good at keeping things in print for a long time but Green Lantern volume one has been out for over a year so if thats what you want to read the most

Since I'm just guessing I hope any of that was helpful, good luck.
    Yes that was helpful, Thank you.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Cheers, Annihilation (and Conquest) is a definite gunner, broke the seal to read it, lasted about 4 issues, then had to leave it as it was boring me to tears, sorry i opened it now, i think i will get rid of my Immortal Iron Fist, Cap America's and Ennis Punisher, Secret Warriors, Uncanny X-force and replace with trades, may keep the DD's as they seem pretty hard to get hold of, and i like them (but will let you know if i decide otherwise)
    I wouldn't say hard outside of Bendis v2 ultimate, but maybe not as simple as just popping to Speedyhen! I suspect the DDs will get a reprint next year anyway, as the DD show is huge and reprint linked to it sold really well (for reprints), so I imagine Marvel will push for the same again
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's just the camera settings.
    Edit:Redacted. Kept reading figured it out��
    Last edited by Brewman; 05-14-2016 at 04:44 AM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Cheers, Annihilation (and Conquest) is a definite gunner, broke the seal to read it, lasted about 4 issues, then had to leave it as it was boring me to tears, sorry i opened it now, i think i will get rid of my Immortal Iron Fist, Cap America's and Ennis Punisher, Secret Warriors, Uncanny X-force and replace with trades, may keep the DD's as they seem pretty hard to get hold of, and i like them (but will let you know if i decide otherwise)
    If you truly read only the first few issues of Annihilation (which were the worst, in my opinion), I would simply suggest checking out the Nova or Surfer issues before rendering a final opinion. I started and stopped it three times before finally skimming those early issues, and I wound up liking it (not LOVING it, mind you).
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    If you truly read only the first few issues of Annihilation (which were the worst, in my opinion), I would simply suggest checking out the Nova or Surfer issues before rendering a final opinion. I started and stopped it three times before finally skimming those early issues, and I wound up liking it (not LOVING it, mind you).
    i had a skim through with the art and it just seemed very poor, i can just about put up with an ok story, but poor art, no chance

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Sure am loving the Stern Spiderman, great Vulture story with Marie Severin Art.

Thanks Brewman for the additional information, and thanks Banky again for your sharp eye. As I own these stories in multiple form, and often now them by heart I usually don't re-read these books properly page by page before doing my review. That's something I will force me to do in the future.

To recap, Daredevil #233 cover printed upside down, check

20160514_120658.jpg
    (here compared to the marvel premiere edition on the left)

Attenuated moiré effect on Man Without Fear cover pencils, check

20160514_120459.jpg
    (here compared to the Marvel Premiere HC edition on the left)

Additional cover in the 2016 omnibus companion (not in the 2008 first print), check

20160510_100652.jpg

And regarding the Elektra omnibus, page 14 is indeed cropped at leat in the second print:

20160514_122542.jpg
    here compared to Daredevil visionaries vol 3 on the left

Brewman, can you confirmed that there is a page of unused art for Elektra Assassin and not a page of original art described by Banky? If yes is it possible for you to post a picture (of course for me to use on my blog )

Incredible Member

So wait, they'll fix an inverted cover and add an extra page of material, but they won't fix the typos in the introduction? (I forget whether it's the DD Omni or the Companion, but there's typos somewhere).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    And regarding the Elektra omnibus, page 14 is indeed cropped at leat in the second print:

20160514_122542.jpg
    here compared to Daredevil visionaries vol 3 on the left

Brewman, can you confirmed that there is a page of unused art for Elektra Assassin and not a page of original art described by Banky? If yes is it possible for you to post a picture (of course for me to use on my blog )
    Page is cropped in Bizarre Adventures first print, but that is page 8 in the first print not 14. If that is page 14 of the reprint we found the mystery six pages, but what is on them in the reprint? image.jpg unused page bonus content.
    Also if what else was added to the extras of the companion if it includes the marvel age cover as well as the extra 2008 cover then is there an extra side of a page or did they omit something to make room?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    So wait, they'll fix an inverted cover and add an extra page of material, but they won't fix the typos in the introduction? (I forget whether it's the DD Omni or the Companion, but there's typos somewhere).
    They did not fix the inverted cover, apparently it is first and reprint. It appears they did add a cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Sure am loving the Stern Spiderman, great Vulture story with Marie Severin Art.
    That was a great story. Also all the Hobgoblin stuff!